It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man discovers eerie sounds coming from abandoned mine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The first voice is crazy.

I need someone better at cleaning it up.

Sorry, I can't get the widget to post, you have to click the link.

link

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
i have considered something, I know several users have stated the YouTube channel seems legit. Just questioning would this guy go to the lengths of having someone else down there with him or have something being played through a portable stereo to play this sounds to make the video to gain subscribers

i would hate to impugn the youtubers reputation but i just played it for my girlfriend and she said the same thing i did earlier - it sounds just like parseltongue from the harry potter movies. is it unfair to think that maybe he did send someone with a music player of some kind down the tunnel to create that effect? but if i really had to speculate i would say it was added in after the video was taken. there isnt any echo to the whispering and it sounds like its right next to the camera. i just dont know.

edit on 4-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
My intentions with my comment you quoted wasn't to taint the Youtubers credibility at all. After viewing the video, there isn't much getting shown so what would be the chances of someone hiding a bit further down the mine shaft in the shadows playing the audio through a speaker. Of course I have no proof of this but I like to think of all possibilities

To be honest .. I wish and hope they are real noises no matter how much they creep me out. I know for sure if I heard those noises and were filming myself you'd hear a noticeable change in my voice from being calm to be being scared or nervous. But like I said I don't know the guy maybe he is use to being in creepy places and I don't have proof it's a fake

Still scary none the less

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wow that was creepy and not at all what I was expecting. It was loud enough that I didn't have to turn my volume up full blast to hear it. No denying the sound was there - but what was making it? He did say that the mine was well ventilated but that really did not sound like wind to me. I hear whispers. Loud whispers.
Creepy.
I love creepy.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Out of pure curiosity and the standard cliché, could you post an audio clip of the same thing played backwards?

Doesn't really reveal anything more, but here it is in any case.

Download MP3

I just reversed the final version, i.e. it will begin loud and then again softer...
edit on 4/5/2017 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

What's the time point for the audio? Can't download the audio from the link you gave to enhance it...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes indeed, that's what it sounds like, but interesting the mine has been abandoned for some time..residual energy of an instance in time coming back?..trippy

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I can't believe people think this is real, well I can, but we're supposed to be better here on ATS (we don't deny ignorance any more it seems)

He does this purely for entertainment value

Listen to the end, where the "tannoy" comes on inside the cave, his reaction is less convincing in this vid

It's a good effect I'll give him that, but it's no ghosts, or echoes stuck in rocks, it's just an edited audio effect very well blended into the video to go along with his less than convincing voice reactions in order to drum up views like his click bait titles he occasionally uses

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Lol, when you referenced "tannoy" I knew you were British, we just call them speakers here.
I'm a bit of an audiophile..I'm familiar with Tannoys and their reputation in the UK..they are very nice.
It sounds like a mine intercom or phone system..like they would use to communicate or clearing the area for a detonation.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Creepy sounds in a mine, plus a promotion for a flash light...

I'm raising the red flag on this one.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It's a common term we use over here for any form of speaker system like you'd hear in train stations, airports or even mines, I don't think most Brits actually know it originates from the Tannoy company lol

The term "tannoy" is often used generically in colloquial English throughout the British Commonwealth to mean any public-address system or even as a verb - to "tannoy", particularly those used for announcements in public places

The point was though it's odd, he captures that perfectly in one cave whilst capturing the harry potter Parseltongue in another cave, I mean what are the odds ? He should be a ghost hunter if he gets that lucky

Or the alternative is he's just having you all on for entertainment and money, I mean he's got you sharing his vid which results in more money for him

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Yes, I see a lot of Tannoys in and out of my buds shop(have a pair myself), when I was first getting into speaker systems he explained in the UK they refer to speakers in general as "tannoys" ..a gold standard kind of thing.

I get what your saying..he does have roughly 150+ vids of mine exploration..only a few have weird noises or events..I do take things with a grain of salt, creepy nonetheless.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
On his latest video, dated 1st May, he states that he will no longer be making any new content for this channel. Just something to think about if he is making creepy videos for money and subs.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Excellent work, thanks for your time and effort

I hope an obviuos star and flag go some way to repaying you

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Good lord that was creepy!!! I'm sure it may have been some animal but damn if it didn't sound like some kind whispering!!

And that's why I'll never explore old mines, especially ones being held up by old wood!! I was getting nervous watching him walk underneath those old bent boards with tons of boulders resting above and totally forgot about the creepy noises.

Cool video and I'm definitely gonna check out the channel and let this guy do all the exploring for me!
edit on 4-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: Ghost147
In this particular Youtube channel, the maker exclusively explores abandoned mines. The guy has nearly 200,000 subscribers and almost 16,000,000 total views on his channel. He has over 140 videos, and this is one of the only ones that has anything to do with what could be something paranormal

Yet he has other videos titled

The Horton Mine: Follow-up Exploration of a Creepy, Ghost-Filled Mine
The Horton Mine: Encountering a Ghost in a Haunted, Abandoned
Black Widow Mine Exploration: Ghost Caught on Tape?
A Terrifying Night in the Abandoned Donohoe Mine
Exploring the Satanic Silver Mountain Abandoned Mine
Exploring a Creepy, Abandoned Mine Full of Death

He sure does happen across a lot of creepy ghostly things on his jaunts in mines, I'm not convinced he's totally legit it is afterall a youtube video which are far too easy to edit thanks to technology these days and thanks to monetisation people will go to all lengths in order to get views.

Not saying it's not legit but we should err on the side of caution when it comes to youtube vids

Plus he chose to go at night not necessary with mines if the flashlight is the point.
Still pretty scary :-) If legit someone needs to put a video in there and leave it for a while.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Sounds like a ceremony being carried out by many people to me.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

On one of his vids..might of been another mine explorer, there was a pretty frightening hissing sound..scared the crap out of the explorer, he thought it might of been a nest of owls, they make some hellaciouse noises apparently.. he didn't stick around to confirm

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes, sounded like a satanic ritual.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes, sounded like a satanic ritual.

There could be a room up that rope where the ladder was blocked for all we know and real people in there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join