It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man discovers eerie sounds coming from abandoned mine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: Outlier13

Hoaxers don't pretend to be scared? I get what you are trying to infer, but anybody could have pretended to be scared and done all the things you mentioned above to make it seem legit. You say he may have stopped his breathing to hear better, yet he continues to walk which makes far more noise.

Of course hoaxers can pretend to be scared. If you watch the entire segment when the noises begin to where he stops walking and then stops or dramatically lowers his breathing to hear better you will understand what I am talking about. This is convincing to me that he is actually hearing something very strange and is frightened. Even his tone inflection at various moments is very telling as being naturally afraid versus someone with a contrived reaction.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Ahhh that makes it more interesting then.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
Of course hoaxers can pretend to be scared. If you watch the entire segment when the noises begin to where he stops walking and then stops or dramatically lowers his breathing to hear better you will understand what I am talking about. This is convincing to me that he is actually hearing something very strange and is frightened. Even his tone inflection at various moments is very telling as being naturally afraid versus someone with a contrived reaction.

Then why does he walk toward the sounds? It doesn't match with the idea that he's super scared. If he was, I don't think he'd be walking toward it. Maybe his reaction was legit, but he didn't seem that nervous to be honest. It sounded to me like he was more curious than scared, although humans can easily fake things, so it's impossible to tell.
edit on 5 17 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I just think he doubted himself at first what it was he was hearing and then realized the creepiness. But then again this is his third haunted mine video...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: Outlier13

Then why does he walk toward the sounds? It doesn't match with the idea that he's super scared. If he was, I don't think he'd be walking toward it. Maybe his reaction was legit, but he didn't seem that nervous to be honest. It sounded to me like he was more curious than scared, although humans can easily fake things, so it's impossible to tell.

He walks towards the sounds because he is unsure what the sound is at first. He is using an action cam which has a pretty sensitive microphone for recording. My action cam always plays back sounds at a much clearer rate and louder volume than when I hear them live.

When he goes back the second time after he says, "Is that wind?" and hears the more clear sound that is creepy he immediately stops and turns around. You can even hear the octave level in his voice change once he realizes it's not wind.

Listen to the nervousness in his voice the entire way back. He is trying to avoid thinking about the creepy voices he just heard and is trying to bring back some normalcy by talking about the light he is using but you can clearly hear in his voice he is scared.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I agree, this is completely genuine, even professional full time hoaxers couldn't pull this off, and he only has 3 of these type of videos.

He hasn't tried to monetize by going back, he's scared to go back and good reason. I'd love to go there with him to see if we can capture sonething more concrete.

I've never heard of ghosts being that loud. Somebody suggested Djinns, not quite sure what that is when I look it up its some sort of ancient Muslim entity, but it seems like the most plausible right now lol.
edit on 18-5-2017 by WhyDidIJoin because: Green eggs and ham

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

I agree, this is completely genuine, even professional full time hoaxers couldn't pull this off, and he only has 3 of these type of videos.

He hasn't tried to monetize by going back, he's scared to go back and good reason. I'd love to go there with him to see if we can capture sonething more concrete.

I've never heard of ghosts being that loud. Somebody suggested Djinns, not quite sure what that is when I look it up its some sort of ancient Muslim entity, but it seems like the most plausible right now lol.

I really think the loudness of the voices is simply the amplification and sensitivity of the action cam's microphone during playback. I just reviewed some footage from my action cam the other day and the sounds on it are so much more clear than when I heard them the first time while I was filming.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: 808Funk
He should of stopped talking to hear more Plus if he is going around looking for tautened places he then why leave when you find something ?.

He doesn't go looking for haunted places. Please read the OP

oh, is that why he has a multitude of videos that have some variation of "haunted" in the title?
stop being willfully dense and acknowledge facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Love these type of channels.
Lately I've been into the odd abandoned
buildings channels.Also..
I feel a little silly admitting
it because it was and over the top
but the SCI-FI channel Ghost Mine with headphones
on was very very spooky . And there's a cute redhead .
edit on 5-6-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: video

edit on 5/7/2017 by Gemwolf because: Fixed video embed

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Came across this video today.

Looking at some of the videos amplifying the sound and such, you can hear things like:
"Turn Around"
"Turn the lights off"
"You can see me in the shadows"
"Turn it off"

After the guy turns around, it starts to say "turn the lights off" before it pauses. It's too much of a coincidence for this to be of natural causes.

Assuming it was a spirit, the spirit may have wanted to reveal itself to the man, but could only do so in the darkness (no lights). We also don't know if it had good intentions or not. Very interesting!

Edit:
As for his other videos about haunted mines and such, perhaps mines are a very good source for paranormal activity?
Maybe one of us ATSers can start exploring mines and see what we can find.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I've worked and currently still do work in mines. In the past I've worked underground in 4 mines, 2 gold, 1 uranium and 1 potash.

One gold one I was working in, it had been abandoned for 40 years and we were pumping the water out to start mining it again because it had become profitable again. I'd often have to go in late by myself completely alone at night to grab a elevation of how much we had pumped out that day (I'm a Land Surveyor), one time I heard a scooptram (or atleast what I recognized as a scoop tram by sound) coming, I even saw lights against the walls of the ramp tunnel, I thought it was maybe the miners coming to check on me or the pump, but then nothing came, I got super spooked, went back to surface and all the miners were in camp in bed or the TV room.

But as far as anything spooky goes that's all I experienced in a mine.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join