It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Funny ain't it people ?

U.S. intelligence suggested financial ties between the Al-Shifa plant and Osama bin Laden, and a soil sample collected from Al-Shifa allegedly contained a chemical used in VX nerve gas manufacturing

en.wikipedia.org...

Trump did nothing different than Clinton.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No. I don't have any questions.

but a LOT of people do: is it LEGAL

Capice?

All of it has been up in the air for DECADES.

Try to get that into your head.

They have recently been trying to amend the WPA....why? Why because of crap like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eriktheawful

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

So launching cruise missiles at people using Sarin gas a WMD is a 'whim' ?

Not the first time either.

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch form 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
All outta guesses, why?

Derp, now dummy up. Because it was an effective asset being used to strike the terrorists in Syria.

Chemicals innocents evidence Assad Monster Your Putin Monster propping Assad Monster Children Dying from cowardly chemical airstrikes . Russian propaganda BS

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: TinfoilTP

There's nothing good or legal about gassing people. Not even if they're an enemy. That's just sick and evil. Period.

But that shouldn't make the checks and balances we have in place to keep our Government or President from starting wars or whatever you want to call it on a whim.

Let's say Assad was responsible and he decided to kill his people like that, it's all bad, clearly. But that doesn't mean it removes the safeguards from an out of control American Government to just do what it wants whenever it wants. That's all I'm saying.

We just had the 100 year anniversary of the US entry into WWI. Since then there have been endless agreements and legal positions among nations banning the use of chemical weapons. What good is all of that effort by civilized nations if nobody is going to do anything when they are used?

The means to deliver the outlawed munitions were destroyed. Assad had his chance back in 2013 to abide by new treaty, that process is over and done with. This is the inevitable outcome from his abandonment to treaties he signed. There are no diplomatic responses left for someone who didn't honor the previous ones.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

They hit the air base in Syria...not just at Syria...freaking half truth news! I can imagine now all the twisting of facts by fake news media

link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Now I wonder if Assad is willing to escalate this by retaliating against US troops in Syria?

I Doubt it. He's probably very confused at the 24-hour 360 degree loop US policy has gone through though.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable2027

you Do know that when an HE explosion happens it leaves a nice bright flash, and when a Chemical bomb goes off it's not only a smaller flash but a mist or fog arises, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Russian reaction to come, official says
A Russian official assures CNN that Russia will give a reaction to the US military strike on a Syrian air base.

CNN special contributor and former Moscow bureau chief Jill Dougherty texted Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova late Thursday night (Friday local time in Moscow) asking whether there would be any Russian reaction to the US attack.

Zakharova responded in Russian, “There will be.”

Source: www.cnn.com...

I wonder if the reaction will be similar to when Turkey shot down one of their jets?

This situation could escalate, but I think there will be a lot of chest thumping, and harsh talk and rhetoric. Probably more proxy fighting until the next event.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I have a question for liberals. If you don't believe the media in their reporting of this Syria situation, why do you believe their reporting when they trash Trump? If they are trying to deceive you on Syria, ever thought they are deceiving you when it comes to Trump as well?

we dont need the media to tell us about trump he says the dumb things in public. Maybe if we dont know what the truth is the best thing to do is NOT
tostart bombing things, which is my opinion, at least talk to congress first have some class.
edit on 6-4-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can't help but wonder if the supposed footage of aircraft dropping stuff, and ships firing stuff is nothing but stock footage being used to sway public opinion toward a certain outcome.

Like, that would explain wanting to put $53 Billion toward military spending without the people whining too much.

And war is good for the economy...

Just Sayin'.

link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch form 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
All outta guesses, why?

Derp, now dummy up. Because it was an effective asset being used to strike the terrorists in Syria.

Chemicals innocents evidence Assad Monster Your Putin Monster propping Assad Monster Children Dying from cowardly chemical airstrikes . Russian propaganda BS

US is the one attacking Syrians, not the Russians.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: Variable2027

you Do know that when an HE explosion happens it leaves a nice bright flash, and when a Chemical bomb goes off it's not only a smaller flash but a mist or fog arises, right?

Depends on the chemical weapon.

Many of them are odourless and colourless, giving no visual cues. You wouldn't actually know if one had been set off.

Stuff like mustard gas gives off a very distinctive cloud.

I don't know if that's true for Sarin though.

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

Trump is most definitely un-invited to Putin's next birthday party.

So have any lefties mentioned this takes a tomahawk, pun intended, to the Trump is Putin's puppet nonsense we've heard for the last year?

Just curious. These aren't the actions of someone in Putin's pocket.

link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Saying dumb things in public like red lines in Syria ?

link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why not you ask?
Because it's not about emotions.

Putin has strategic and economic reasons for being in Syria.
One of the most important reasons being the the Syrian city Tartus hosts Russia’s ONLY major naval port on the eastern Mediterranean.
He would severely diminish his credibility back in Russia if he flipped sides after spending nearly half a decade securing Russians power in the region.
Their political presence in the region is about creating a strategic balance the middle east to include Russia.
Putin chose poorly in backing Assad, but he cannot risk his only naval port in the eastern Med. Unfortunately if Assad falls, Putin then has the Sunni world up in arms against him. He will do everything to keep Assad or their chosen proxy in power. The main problem is, there is NO moderate replacement anymore, the opposition are radicalized from a brutal civil war.

The place is a dogs breakfast.

link   

They were planning to remove the Ds.I think they retired them around 2013 or so. The primary missile is the E, with a unitary warhead.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

All outta guesses, why?

US is the one attacking Syrians, not the Russians.

Technically speaking the materials used in the tomahawk are insourced from other countries like IC chips from China.

link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: marg6043

I can not wait for tomorrow news and reactions from the international community.

Same as some of the responses in this thread so far.

Trump=bad.

Isn't the Chinese president with Trump right now? I bet he's quaking in his boots watching Trump deliver justice.

Yea.. right.. those 50 missiles I'm sure shook him to his core. please...

Right, the use of 50 missiles is nothing to someone as rugged as Jinping.
edit on 6-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I have a question for liberals. If you don't believe the media in their reporting of this Syria situation, why do you believe their reporting when they trash Trump? If they are trying to deceive you on Syria, ever thought they are deceiving you when it comes to Trump as well?

You'll have to give an example. Because I know most of what I Trash Trump for is literally the BS that he himself lies about and is on video doing. I don't need the media to explain anything to me when it's Trump himself on video just lying about stuff.

Trump trashes himself all the time without anyone's help. He just says and does things that are complete BS.

The media will also go to extremes to trash on him too. But if you exclude all that the media talks about, there is still a mountain of stuff to trash Trump with that you can't deny.

But we're getting off topic now.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Those would certainly do it.

Unless the message being sent was simply: See? We can bomb you.

Of course in that case, just a few TLAMs would send the message.

50 tells me the objective was to take out the airstrip.......for a long time.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join