It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

Trump is most definitely un-invited to Putin's next birthday party.

So have any lefties mentioned this takes a tomahawk, pun intended, to the Trump is Putin's puppet nonsense we've heard for the last year?

Just curious. These aren't the actions of someone in Putin's pocket.

It could have be for show. For all we know, Putin could have told Trump to do it.

Putin told Trump to bomb an ally's airfield?

Absurd, but not impossible.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: underwerks
The more I read about this, the more fishy it all seems. Just days after the Trump admin signals a shift in their thinking on Assad, he decides to trigger their wrath by using chemical weapons? And anger both the U.S. and Russia?

As a few other posters have said, this has false flag written all over it.

Now that the terrorists know Trump can be easily manipulated, I expect more suspicious chemical weapons attacks to occur in the future.

Very convenient that these Tomahawks avoided anything that could be used to make these alleged chemical weapons, and any stockpiles of them, don't you think?

Of course it's hard to hit something that doesn't exist.

I wonder if there was even anyone at the airfield they hit? Russia did have advance notice from what I'm reading.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is a serious question all of us should be asking on ATS.

Is Syria Gas Attack a False Flag?

I'm seriously not trying to be a nutter here, but the comparisons to the 2013 scenario are almost EXACT. The public backlash back then was so strong that McCain, Kerry and Obama could NOT do their "limited strikes" without huge public shaming.

What's so different now? Many Trump supporters are opposed to this. Pretty much ALL media outlets are NOT dissing Trump over this. That is pretty much a first, especially for the 90% liberal ran media regarding Trump. When the liberal media starts agreeing with Trump, perhaps that is a good indication that Trump might have actually screwed up.

But as a certain cowboy here also said.....What do I know??
edit on 6-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
mises.org...

Proxy war for the same reasons as any other wars?, Maybe?.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The more I read about this, the more fishy it all seems. Just days after the Trump admin signals a shift in their thinking on Assad, he decides to trigger their wrath by using chemical weapons? And anger both the U.S. and Russia?

Now that the terrorists know Trump can be easily manipulated, I expect more suspicious chemical weapons attacks to occur in the future.

Very convenient that these Tomahawks avoided anything that could be used to make these alleged chemical weapons, and any stockpiles of them, don't you think?

Of course it's hard to hit something that doesn't exist.

I wonder if there was even anyone at the airfield they hit? Russia did have advance notice from what I'm reading.

There's been contradictory reports.

Some say there were, others say not.

My hope is the Russians gave them advance warning and they could get their hardware out and as many people as possible, and that there is no further escalation.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't know how many were fired, do you? Or what other targets were attacked by whom. Last time the US cruise launched missiles into Syria only a few didn't make target. That was before the Russians weighed in...

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Maybe Russia backed them. That could've given them the confidence.

Maybe this is Russia giving Trump something to shoot some missiles at.

ETA: Scary thought if what you're saying is true, because that means Russia is wanting to escalate what's happening.
edit on 6-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: thedigirati
well apparently the US intel sources DO have a video of the gas being dropped from the plane in Syria, How cool is that of course many of you will say it's just CGI but it was already shown to the Russians. (Just reported by Shep smith on FOX news 10:56 PM CST.) SO it seems this WAS Justified. SO it seems Putin's Puppet Poo'd on Putin......

Friday is going to be an AWESOME NEWS day

How's it justified?

Were those American children?

They were Muslim children.

But wait...
Trump HATES Muslim children.
Trump HATES Muslims.
Trump HATES children.

Why avenge them?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yep, too many of the wrong people are appraising this.

Hard to not be skeptical of this.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Oil has gone up 2% since the bombing. Russia's economic well being is tied to...you guessed it...the price of crude. reuters
edit on 4/6/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

So have any lefties mentioned this takes a tomahawk, pun intended, to the Trump is Putin's puppet nonsense we've heard for the last year?

It could have be for show. For all we know, Putin could have told Trump to do it.

That was absurd. Russia is defending Syria at Assad's request, the US is invading the country.

Pretty thick blinders there... you do know the uS just attacked a Syrian air base, not ISIS... right?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So if Russian had advanced knowledge of the strike, did they use that information to retreat or defend? Both?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: JinMI

mobile.twitter.com...

That was absurd. Russia is defending Syria at Assad's request, the US is invading the country.

Pretty thick blinders there... you do know the uS just attacked a Syrian air base, not ISIS... right?

ummm what!?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Better go buy stock in Raytheon/Mcdonnell Douglas. Those Tomahawk missiles cost 1.5 million a piece. Cha Ching

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
wow, I finally caught up.

An air base can be built in under a year. I see Trump has pulled off a Straight Flush with this move now, and let me lay out why.

• The war hawks got their strikes, but it is not exactly what they wanted
  • the world, fooled by false narratives, feels appeased that the USA took action
  • North Korea is shown that this President means business
  • It shows to the Russia collusion crowd that maybe there is nothing to the claims after all
  • The Syrians and Russians will continue their campain to regain the country

The only thing that changes tomorrow, is that more players are going to back Trump now.
Syria and Russia will continue to squash the rebels. The investigation will eventually present the evidence it finds in a report to be published 6 months up to many years later but never to see the light of a USA television news broadcast.
Plus, I think the Chinese president plane flew over my house an hour ago. Came from the East, ignoring all the flight paths into the airport, and just continued on towards the Gulf.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: thedigirati
well apparently the US intel sources DO have a video of the gas being dropped from the plane in Syria, How cool is that of course many of you will say it's just CGI but it was already shown to the Russians. (Just reported by Shep smith on FOX news 10:56 PM CST.) SO it seems this WAS Justified. SO it seems Putin's Puppet Poo'd on Putin......

Friday is going to be an AWESOME NEWS day

How's it justified?

Were those American children?

Crap, come to think of it... I've never heard of Missile strikes in Rwanda, have you?

You have a good point. Trumps actions seemed erratic. Why get involved in the one conflict that he said we should have stayed out of? Trump is suspected of being in Putin's pocket, so now he makes a sudden strike. Its a psy-op.

That wasn't my point but it's all a bit fishy, I agree on that.

My point was if it's being done for humanitarian reasons then I've got a list of other places to strike, Rwanda was the first thing that popped into my head... Neurotoxins are not pretty but neither is butchering whole villages with machetes.

The world is a screwed up place and Assad has had crosshairs on him for a while, I just feel it's shameful that Syria gets attacked and nobody bats an eyelid at massacres in lets say Malaysia.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I think we all should be questioning it, if I remember (maybe it was posted already) but didn't Trump tweet something about how wrong it is for us to get involved with Syria back in 13?

This is not what this country needs right now.

Up is down.
edit on 6-4-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I think we all should be questioning it, if I remember (maybe it was posted already) but didn't Trump tweet something about how wrong it is for us to get involved with Syria?

This is not what this country needs right now.

Up is down.

Everything has been turned on it's head.

Some Trump supporters are praising this, even though it is what they voted against. Now they believe the wartime propaganda about Syria.

I guarantee if Hillary had won and done this they would be up in arms in outrage. They certainly wouldn't believe the "official" story about recent events in Syria.

An incredibly hostile Media is now singing Trump's praises, McCain, Graham, Hillary and co seem pretty happy, not surprising since this is what they wanted all along.

It's so surreal.

At least Rand Paul is sticking by his guns. He's the only one i've seen condemn this.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

What you just said makes me also wonder how interesting it is that not only do we not know who's the enemy anymore when this stuff happens, but we also no longer trust any sources of information either now.

Was it Assad or a False Flag??? We have information from various sources saying both.

Who can we Trust?? Who knows anymore because we're accusing everyone of being Fake News now.

Partisan Politics is at an all time high.

We have a White House filled with Nepotism.

A highly reactive President surrounded by scandals. With some people saying the scandals are all made up as well.

I mean there isn't a person here right now that can say for sure WTF is actually true or not at this point.

How and why has everything lost all cohesion???

Is it just the eventual result of so much BS over time all coming together or is it being organized by some other hidden hand who we aren't even aware of??

Who's actually benefiting from all of this??? Or is it just the fact that literally nobody, not one person on this planet has any idea what the hell is happening??? Because I find that hard to believe that there are organizations that literally track individual and their behaviors and likes and lives and movements from day to day and sell that info to other people who target ads to us and yet at the same time nobody has a straight answer for anything that is actually important anymore.

The whole thing just seems like a big stupid game gone haywire..

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
I'm really getting nervous about this.

I have been trying to keep up with this thread and also watching the news.

Have we just declared war?

This is one of the things that came to my mind.

Am I being silly?

Are we headed into a serious war?

In case you haven't noticed, we've been at war since 1991.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join