It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Saying dumb things in public...sounds familiar.

edit on 4/6/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: vjr1113

Saying dumb things in public like red lines in Syria ?

go troll obama in a corner by yourself. i answered a question, so lets stay on topic. How much money is Syria going to cost us?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

Trump is most definitely un-invited to Putin's next birthday party.

So have any lefties mentioned this takes a tomahawk, pun intended, to the Trump is Putin's puppet nonsense we've heard for the last year?

Just curious. These aren't the actions of someone in Putin's pocket.

I wonder if there's anything behind the claim this was done because of collusion claims?

Of course I never believed the ridiculous Trump-Russia collusion claims, but now the warmongers in the press and the congressional establishment are all singing his praises.

I don't think that was Trump's motivation of course, but it's certainly something to think about.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: mOjOm
Hillary Clinton calls for US to bomb Syrian air fields hours before Trump does exactly that
Link

She got a heads up and blabbed her old mouth.

Hence, another reason she lost.

They are still leaking classified info like the Titanic after hitting the iceberg though. She has moles everywhere it seems.

link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: JinMI

I can't help but wonder if the supposed footage of aircraft dropping stuff, and ships firing stuff is nothing but stock footage being used to sway public opinion toward a certain outcome.

Like, that would explain wanting to put $53 Billion toward military spending without the people whining too much.

And war is good for the economy...

Just Sayin'.

Can't really argue. At that pace, it would take an hour to launch them all if not more.
edit on 6-4-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

So have any lefties mentioned this takes a tomahawk, pun intended, to the Trump is Putin's puppet nonsense we've heard for the last year?

It will be fun to watch them twist and contort their narrative to make an argument that Trump is a Putin puppet, bombing Putin's ally.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: D8Tee

a reply to: eriktheawful

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

So launching cruise missiles at people using Sarin gas a WMD is a 'whim' ?

Not the first time either.

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch form 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
All outta guesses, why?

Derp, now dummy up. Because it was an effective asset being used to strike the terrorists in Syria.

Chemicals innocents evidence Assad Monster Your Putin Monster propping Assad Monster Children Dying from cowardly chemical airstrikes . Russian propaganda BS

US is the one attacking Syrians, not the Russians.

Technically speaking the materials used in the tomahawk are insourced from other countries like IC chips from China.

Technically, cruise missiles are far more destructive, 60 of them no less, all the explosives are made of chemicals, produce great clouds of toxic gas upon detonation, let alone heat, blast and shrapnel...

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: marg6043

I can not wait for tomorrow news and reactions from the international community.

Same as some of the responses in this thread so far.

Trump=bad.

Isn't the Chinese president with Trump right now? I bet he's quaking in his boots watching Trump deliver justice.

Yea.. right.. those 50 missiles I'm sure shook him to his core. please...

Right, the use of 50 missiles is nothing to someone as rugged as Li Keqiang

He has the might of the third most powerful and growing military behind him. The largest land force, and a nuclear force. 50 missiles at Syria doesn't make him quake in his boots, that's utter nonsense. If you think they will cow down because of this, you are sadly mistaken.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: Bone75

The anti-virals the troops had to sign a release for, and they were forced to take before they left were what made a lot of them sick.

The troops from the 2003 invasion receiving compensation from the VA don't have a virus. They have chemical burns and inhalation effects from Iraqi chemical weapons. I've posted the links twice a few pages back. Stop spreading lies.

Seriously? You post a link and suddenly any differing opinion is definitely a lie? I think you are spreading lies and being very forceful about it. We all know what that means, although we're not allowed to say it here. There were MANY during the Gulf War who took all those shots and were never deployed overseas, and a great many of them became quite ill with "Gulf War Syndrome", the culprit having been cited as the nasty immunizations given, which all had squalene in them. Ever heard of it? Probably not, because you're too busy spreading lies yourself and insulting other posters to fully understand.

There were many things those who were deployed at that time were exposed to, but it wasn't just chemical weapons. In fact, that's pretty much in the minority of the cases filed at the VA.

Stop spreading simplistic B.S. You claim to know the real world...guess what? It's more complicated than you know.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'm hearing up to 70. So either they were expecting some serious defenses, or they were leveling every building on the airfield, and putting some serious holes in the runway.

That base won't be launching anything for awhile though.

link   
a reply to: vjr1113

How much money is Syria going to cost us?

Depends on who get's their pipeline built first.

Iran wins the price of energy goes up which translates to embargo prices that effect goods across the board.

Versus Saudi flooding the market to ridiculously low energy prices which translates to cheaper prices the effect goods across the board.

Choose wisely.

link   
Sankt Petersburg happened April 3rd, day later Syria bombing. What if Russians discovered that Syrian rebels planted bombs in subway and Russia retialiated? I see strange coincidence with this timing but I stopped following Sankt Petersburg news because I hardly ever believe in what official Russian stories say.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: D8Tee

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

So launching cruise missiles at people using Sarin gas a WMD is a 'whim' ?

Not the first time either.

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch form 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
All outta guesses, why?

Derp, now dummy up. Because it was an effective asset being used to strike the terrorists in Syria.

Chemicals innocents evidence Assad Monster Your Putin Monster propping Assad Monster Children Dying from cowardly chemical airstrikes . Russian propaganda BS

US is the one attacking Syrians, not the Russians.

Technically speaking the materials used in the tomahawk are insourced from other countries like IC chips from China.

Technically, cruise missiles are far more destructive, 60 of them no less, all the explosives are made of chemicals, produce great clouds of toxic gas upon detonation, let alone heat, blast and shrapnel...

Think all 60 hit their targets ?

NO.

They factor in failure rates which is why they launch more than they actually need.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Frankly, unless I see evidence that Assad was directly responsible for this, and I say that as someone who started the thread about this being a false flag, then I'm quite disappointed in Trump.

From what I see, this was a black budget false flag operation involving the White Helmets and Al-Qaeda, among others, used to play Trump and he reacted far too quickly, likely with a bunch of war mongering neocons in his ear like McCain.

Dropping bombs on the Middle East, overthrowing dictators, nation building, are all things Trump ran against. If this was just one message sent, of power, take out some runways, fine, but if this is part one of Tillerson's goal of removing and replacing Assad, then F THAT.
edit on 6-4-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ok, let's say I agree with you 100%.

Did we take out Assad??

Is he dead or out of power now??

I agree that tyrants and murderers need to be taken out of power. At the same time, who put us in charge of doing that in other nations???

Where's the international agreement that says whenever someone steps out of line America gets to shoot missiles at them???

I get what you're saying but how is it that there is always so much confusion on who's supposed to do what and why and we are always in the middle of it killing lots of people???

How many more people are going to die by our hands now to get this one crazy a-hole??

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Correct.... 59 on one base alone.... I would say it will be a long while for that particular base.

link   
24 hours ago the press is attacking Trump with slanderous hit pieces 24/7. Graham, McCain and co. are making his life pretty dire in the congress.

Now they are singing his praises.

Only a blind man doesn't see a rat.

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nope, they certainly won't be using it for much of anything with that many.

Other than missile failure, I'd seriously doubt any were taken out before reaching their objective. The flight profile keeps them hidden in the ground clutter on radar returns (same as with the RGM-84 Harpoon missiles I worked on).

So unless someone gave them a heads up, it would have been a complete surprise for them.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

mobile.twitter.com...

It will be fun to watch them twist and contort their narrative to make an argument that Trump is a Putin puppet, bombing Putin's ally.

The 'twisting contortion' is making Assad the target after all these years talking of 'fighting ISIS' in Syria.

Proof the real target all along is Syrian government; cats outta bag, officially.

Violates US law, and International Law, but nary a care about that.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Quote from TIllerson around 10:30 EST.

The secretary says Russia has either been complicit or "simply incompetent" in failing to deliver on its end of the agreement.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join