It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Damn, I can't imagine the devastation and carnage from 50 some TH missiles hitting one target. Poof comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'm sure as far as we're concerned it's legal. Anytime America does this stuff, by default it's legal for some reason. At least as far as we're concerned. Maybe not according to the UN or whatever.

But just the fact that it's America that does it seems to make it legal in the eyes of our Government most of the time anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

answer to the first

Neither McCarthy nor Somin mention, however, the War Powers Act, which was passed in the wake of the Vietnam War in an effort to reign in Presidential war power, but which actually enhances that power greatly and gives the President the ability to commit U.S. military forces without seeking Congressional approval under a wide variety of circumstances. As summarized by Wikipedia, the Act “requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war.” The advantages to the President here seem obvious. As long as he notifies Congress, the President has the legal authority to engage in virtually any military action he desires. If that action is still ongoing 90 days later, then Congress is left with the option of cutting off funding to troops in the field after they’ve already been committed — and if a President refused to withdraw troops does anyone really believe that any Court anywhere would require him to do it? President’s since Richard Nixon have argued that the WPA is unconstitutional because it unduly restricts the President’s powers as Commander In Chief, In reality, it seems that there is a strong argument that the act is unconstitutional because it delegates too much of
Congress, The President, And War Powers Under The Constitution

so if trump wanted he could bomb the piss out of them, send in the Corps and let them kick ass for about 90 days, then come home.

Second,
so far what i have gathered other than armchair experts that say assad didn't have them the world governments say other wise and want to pass a UN resolution against Syria, of course assad buddy putin governement says no.

thrid,
tells assad we don't have a panzy anymore for president, and that trump will not back down after he draws a red line in the sand.

fourth,
better than boots on the ground, will it escalate, no russia won't do anything other than bitch. assad if he wants to keep his air force and equipment he has won't either.

edit on 6-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

MY understanding under the war powers act the president can do what Trump did.

The only caviat is a full mobilization of the military and a time limit implied.

Anything more than requires a congressional vote.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm sure as far as we're concerned it's legal. Anytime America does this stuff, by default it's legal for some reason. At least as far as we're concerned. Maybe not according to the UN or whatever.

But just the fact that it's America that does it seems to make it legal in the eyes of our Government most of the time anyway.

No care on the legality of using Sarin gas, much less on civilians?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
Now things are getting interesting.

Waiting to see how Syria responds to this.

Oh yeah.

That aftermath thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There were some SAA casualties. Hopefully not too many.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Takes a lot of ordinance to take out air strips and all the buildings and planes.

One or two ain't going to cut it. Make a few holes in the air strip and they just fill them in. You have to make a LOT of holes, get rid of the planes and get rid of the support facilities.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I can not wait for tomorrow news and reactions from the international community.

Same as some of the responses in this thread so far.

Trump=bad.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Ohanka

Sarin gas used. According to Turkey

No glove used by the white hats.

Proper ventilation not used either.

Semantics to some.

I suspect the white hats weren't actually handling sarin gas victims if that is the case. But that doesn't mean the attacks didn't happen. It may just mean the white hats like to stage their videos.
edit on 6-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Putin will not align with the US and remove his support of Assad.
I do think it is interesting the action was taken whilst the Chinese leadership are under his roof at Mar Lago.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: marg6043

I can not wait for tomorrow news and reactions from the international community.

Same as some of the responses in this thread so far.

Trump=bad.

Isn't the Chinese president with Trump right now? I bet he's quaking in his boots watching Trump deliver justice.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What does the United States have to Gain for this ? 60 New Tomahawks on Order from the Nearest Defense Contractor , with More Future Orders being Processed Tomorrow ?

If true then tomorrow I'm going to buy a snip load of Raytheon since they make tomahawks.

Hell doubling down on defense stocks wouldn't be a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: mtnshredder

Takes a lot of ordinance to take out air strips and all the buildings and planes.

One or two ain't going to cut it. Make a few holes in the air strip and they just fill them in. You have to make a LOT of holes, get rid of the planes and get rid of the support facilities.

Sounds like mission accomplished, to say the least. Would not have wanted to be on that base.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Putin will not align with the US and remove his support of Assad.
I do think it is interesting the action was taken whilst the Chinese leadership are under his roof at Mar Lago.

Why not? Russia could at any time get onboard to appoint a puppet they approve of to replace Assad and everyone is happy. They already made official statements earlier this week that their support of Assad is not unconditional.

link   

sure does, and if 50 tomahawks hit the base, and each tomahawk has about a 1000 pounds of explosives, that 50,000 pounds. that's a lot of ordinance.

edit on 6-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: carewemust

Well good luck America you have just declared war on. Russia China North Korea and Iran. The price of silver just went up thirty cents.

I hate what's going on, but my supply of physical silver is starting to look like a good investment.......

link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
There were some SAA casualties. Hopefully not too many.

twitter.com...
^

I just read the complete opposite in another tweet. There is no way of knowing who is telling the truth anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: interupt42

Their are 500 Oz of silver in every Tomahawk missile, after it goes off the silver is lost for ever.goldbasics.blogspot.co.nz... Just a bit of interest for silver bugs.

well theres not a whole lot of uses for silver these days anyhow. and its not lost forever. it still exists just in very fine particles

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Actually there is this in the Act:

in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

That's what the issue has been for a few decades now: POTUS deciding something like this on there own, when there was no clear or present danger to the US, it's territories, assets, etc, etc.

I'm just pointing out what is going to be pointed out tomorrow by others, and has been pointed out in the past when previous presidents have done this.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join