It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

There's nothing good or legal about gassing people. Not even if they're an enemy. That's just sick and evil. Period.

But that shouldn't make the checks and balances we have in place to keep our Government or President from starting wars or whatever you want to call it on a whim.

Let's say Assad was responsible and he decided to kill his people like that, it's all bad, clearly. But that doesn't mean it removes the safeguards from an out of control American Government to just do what it wants whenever it wants. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

So launching cruise missiles at people using Sarin gas a WMD is a 'whim' ?

Not the first time either.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

Trump is most definitely un-invited to Putin's next birthday party.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: carewemust

Well good luck America you have just declared war on. Russia China North Korea and Iran. The price of silver just went up thirty cents.

I hate what's going on, but my supply of physical silver is starting to look like a good investment.......

I recommend investing a good portion of your portfolio in Whup Asss!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

An attack on Syria is an attack on Russia comes to mind.

This is serious, very serious. I kind of laughed at how this strike was said to be in the US's national defence interest. People will lap that up like a cat does milk.

Don't give your cat milk, it cannot digest milk... Know what I'm saying?

Aaahh anyways, the coalition has had multiple chances to work with the Syrians to annihilate terrorism within Syria, they've had a multitude of reasons to do so. I'm fairly sure Assad promised elections when Syria was stable and safe enough to have people voting.

a reply to: avgguy

BS, total utter nonsense. Liberal leaning people as myself were calling for co-operation with the sovereign nation that is Syria, for years. The West has pissed all over Syria and pretty much told them to be thankful it wasn't napalm. The funny thing is, if it's a civil war we have no place being involved, if it's an insurgency then you've got to ask yourself what the hell the last 6 years has been about.

Either way it's a screwed up situation and the West is in the wrong.

I respect noble efforts to keep the peace, heck Assad most likely deserves a seat in the Hague while he answers to war crimes. This isn't Kosovo though and the stakes are somewhat higher.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The War Powers Act was not intended to let POTUS bomb whom ever he or she pleases, or on a whim.

Well lets say the story is true. Which it isn't.

Was America attacked in any way?

Was one of America's allies, with whom they have a treaty of mutual defence attacked in any way?

The answer to both of these is no.

Now lets assume Syria still have their chemical weapons, which they don't.

Do they have the delivery capabilities to attack the United States? No

Do they have the delivery capabilities to attack US allies? YES!

Do they intend to use them? Is there Intelligence that an attack on a US ally is imminent? No

It seems there are no grounds for this intervention. In the eyes of International law this is a baseless act of aggression.

Based on a lie to top it all off.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wonder if Trump gave China a smirk, nod, and his signature handshake when they found out.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: carewemust

Well good luck America you have just declared war on. Russia China North Korea and Iran. The price of silver just went up thirty cents.

I hate what's going on, but my supply of physical silver is starting to look like a good investment.......

I recommend investing a good portion of your portfolio in Whup Asss!

I recommend a diversified portfolio: stocks,bonds,gold,silver, cyptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and real estate.

link   

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch from 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
edit on 6-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If Assad falls, Syria is done. Unless the us government has information that they aren't sharing, we may have just bombed the wrong people. If Assad used chem weapons, fu$& em, kill em all, but what if they did bomb a weapons factory that was manufacturing chem weapons? That means the rebels (I use that term loosely) are manufacturing chem weapons, the same "moderates" Congress wants to win.

What most of you don't understand is the culture of the ME, not the religion, the culture. It takes a brutal POS to maintain any semblance of peace in that region. Your neighbor in America (hopefully) won't cut you're fuc&$ng head off because you believe in the same god, but a different prophet lineage. Those people are NOT like us, that's important to know, they are tribal. Family feuds result in murder, rape and all sorts of attrocities every day.

This is bad, this is very very bad. This puts us right in track to fight Russia, nothing good will come of this retarded retallitory strike (considering we may have just killed all the wrong with people)

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Meh, thats just the excuse to switch form 'fighting ISiS', to 'fighting Assad'. No difference really, its always been 'Assad must go'. This air base is the largest in Syria operated by the Syrian army. They are having good effect on the 'rebels' that moved back into Palmyra. Guess why the US really hit it?
All outta guesses, why?

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I thinks its just for show. Trump wants to make it seem like he's not Putin's bitch.

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

In your opinion.

Several years of war in Syria, and repeated used of WMDS say something entirely different.

link   
Can you imagine the sight of 50+ missiles crashing down onto an airfield in the dead of night? Wow

link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Russia is apparently in on it to some degree, i guess the assad-putin friendship has come to an end.

link   
Hillary Clinton calls for US to bomb Syrian air fields hours before Trump does exactly that
Link

I wonder if Trump and Hillary know how much they have in common???

I also wonder why anyone who would or did vote for either of them thought anything would be any different???

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
just watching fox and shepherd smith just said that the U.S. has video of the gas attack showing the plane dropping the gas and shows the people on the ground reacting to it, they showed it to the russians and syrians and they still denied it. that is part of the reasons that they launched the tomahawk strike.

said that the video is from a air asset that the U.S. has in the region.
edit on 6-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

Go to a map.

Find the USA.

Now find Syria.

Any questions?

link   
I wonder if there was any attempt to intercept and bring down the Tomahawks.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

In your opinion.

Several years of war in Syria, and repeated used of WMDS say something entirely different.

Indeed, there have been multiple WMD uses.

Just not by the people you are accusing.

This is no different from Obama's hissy fit from the 2013 Ghouta deception.

I was against this sort of action back then and I'm against it now.
edit on -050011pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join