It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im getting rather tired of this Russians in black pyjamas hiding under the bed crap,its months now for heavens sake drop the bone MSM fidos.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Stay strong Deplorables, they ain't done yet....

F it just give them their fantasy of Mike Pence as POTUS.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hm. He needs someone like Sessions in place, however, to meet his agenda. Sessions was extremely loyal, as was Flynn. It will be a more difficult position to replace, unless he drags in his pal Giuliani, who may also have a Russian connection, incidentally...

His fall under the category of "business ties" that would have been a problem for Secretary of State, but not so much for AG...

He would still need to recuse himself, however, as he was an even more obvious supporter /campaign member of Trump's...

This is messy!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The key to find out about this is through Trump's closest aids going all the way back to the beginning of his candidacy and seeing how they are tied to the Russian oligarchs. We've got dozens of intel people working on this thread as we speak.

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Here's what I think will happen: Trump will cut him loose ASAP, in an effort to stop any further bleed and to throw the Dems a bone, they were vehemently opposed to him anyway. Win/win. In Trump world at least. He cuts the dead weight of Sessions and it's all Session's own doing.

Of course the outlying issue is whether there is any other connection or a more direct connection to Trump himself.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Signals

Stay strong Deplorables, they ain't done yet....

F it just give them their fantasy of Mike Pence as POTUS.

You ain't lying.... *shudder*

He left his state in a mess, by the way, which makes me very unhopeful that anything good will come of any of this, whether Trump stays or goes in the long run...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is much more than recusing oneself from an investigation. He lied under oath to the the AG of the United States. As the AG, you have to be 1. support the constitution and 2. you are the top law enforcement person in the US. Lying to congress undermines his ability to be an even handed player and he will lose all confidence from congress to do his job correctly.

He's toast.

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hm. He needs someone like Sessions in place, however, to meet his agenda. Sessions was extremely loyal, as was Flynn. It will be a more difficult position to replace, unless he drags in his pal Giuliani, who may also have a Russian connection, incidentally...

His fall under the category of "business ties" that would have been a problem for Secretary of State, but not so much for AG...

He would still need to recuse himself, however, as he was an even more obvious supporter /campaign member of Trump's...

This is messy!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Indigo5

Show me Russia hacking the American election and I'll start to care about who has been speaking with Russia officially or unofficially.

Sarah Isgur Flores, Mr. Sessions’s spokeswoman, said “there was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer” because he did not communicate with the ambassador in his capacity as a Trump campaign surrogate. She said Mr. Sessions had at least 25 conversations in 2016 with ambassadors from a range of nations — including Britain, Japan, China, Germany and Russia — while on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Good point! Also, if Russians didn't affect our election, there's no need in giving them "bragging rights".
So as long as it's for your President's team it doesn't matter if he breaks protocol at all?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...when was it Obama said he learned about HRC having a private email...that's right...it was on TV....oddly the FBI withheld some of the emails because Obama had a private email himself that he used for government communications that just happened to be sent to the same private server he said he didn't know about.

But hypocrisy would be just weird to claim right now because he is no longer POTUS....

Anywho...carry on. Odd the things politicians seem to forget right?

I think even Bill Clinton said he didn't recall getting blown by Lewinsky in the Oval Office...I think that would be even harder to forget than this OP.

LOL at the crazed accusations. More butthurt every day.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The key to find out about this is through Trump's closest aids going all the way back to the beginning of his candidacy and seeing how they are tied to the Russian oligarchs. We've got dozens of intel people working on this thread as we speak.

Here's what I think will happen: Trump will cut him loose ASAP, in an effort to stop any further bleed and to throw the Dems a bone, they were vehemently opposed to him anyway. Win/win. In Trump world at least. He cuts the dead weight of Sessions and it's all Session's own doing.

Of course the outlying issue is whether there is any other connection or a more direct connection to Trump himself.

Yeah...let's just sweep the Podesta/Joule/RUSNANO/HRC/Obama/sanctions under the rug and call it a day. I mean they couldn't possibly have major ties to anything Russian even though Podesta was on the board and approved a Russian Chair for Joule and control by RUSNANO with a CEO appointed by Putin himself and there were never any issues with HRC and Obama putting sanctions on almost every Russian company operating in the US but oddly allowing RUSNANO USA to build a facility and buy out US companies during these sanctions...

That would be odd right....right?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Okay. The question has to be asked...then WHY wasn't this disclosed before the hearing was concluded? Obviously someone knew. Franken asked the question for a reason. And, we now know, all the Russian lines are tapped so the IC knew.

The dumb answer is a backlog in reviewing tapes..

That's scary. Sounds like 1943 intelligence gathering.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI

Show me Russia hacking the American election and I'll start to care about who has been speaking with Russia officially or unofficially.

Sarah Isgur Flores, Mr. Sessions’s spokeswoman, said “there was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer” because he did not communicate with the ambassador in his capacity as a Trump campaign surrogate. She said Mr. Sessions had at least 25 conversations in 2016 with ambassadors from a range of nations — including Britain, Japan, China, Germany and Russia — while on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Good point! Also, if Russians didn't affect our election, there's no need in giving them "bragging rights".
So as long as it's for your President's team it doesn't matter if he breaks protocol at all?

The President and his team are all about deviating from "protocol". That's why he was elected. To drain the swamp and do things differently. (i.e. Giving "the bird" to the White House Correspondents Dinner invite.)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

When President Trump asked Michael Flynn to leave, the Democrats were even more emboldened. The looniest of them, (Pelosi, Schumer, Lewis, etc.) began talking Impeachment.

If President Trump asks Jeff Sessions to resign, more than just the "loonies" will join the chorus.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what kind of conversations Flynn, and now Sessions were having with the Russians that they need to lie about them.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.” - Jeff Sessions, under oath to Sen. Al Franken

He's toast

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I'm just wondering what kind of conversations Flynn, and now Sessions were having with the Russians that they need to lie about them.

Likely making guarantees the sanctions placed on them would be eased or lifted.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Obviously they were election rigging conversations right?

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.” - Jeff Sessions, under oath to Sen. Al Franken

He's toast

Endorsements and surrogate don't really put him officially on the trump campaign though, it becomes a fine line and a matter of objectivity
edit on 2-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

/sarcasm

It was a simple question and he chose to lie...

Why?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

He's toast

Jeff Sessions should feel the full weight of the law, like Hillary did.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

/sarcasm

It was a simple question and he chose to lie...

Why?

Weird...HRC seems exempt...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join