It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So Flynn lied about contact with Russia, Trump lied about having a relationship with Russia, and now its out that Sessions lied about having contact with Russia.

Yeah, nothing to see here. /sarcasm

How can anyone deny how bad this smells?

I'm pretty sure with Lobbyist and Ambassadors walking around the congressional offices conversations happen from time to time. The last time I checked the job of an ambassador was to talk to government officials of other foreign countries. I'm pretty sure the Russians were really concerned about this election since We have been trying to start a war with them for the last 12 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

In the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" scenario there's a whole shoe store raining down on the trump admin right now.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Sessions perjured himself. I say kick him out. And good riddance. That slime bag is terrifying.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Russia is a PRETTY hot topic these days. If I was working for the government or was looking to fill a position within the government, I'd make DAMN sure I accounted for any possible talks to any Russian official. Just in case.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh we all know he decided not to go because he can't take a joke about himself. Everybody knows this. And I agree with you the president is all about breaking protocol.
Because he doesn't have a clue what that is...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The question then is...to what gain for them...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sorry. Dup again. Browser is feeling under the weather today.
edit on 322017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

There is no objectivity. He lied. It's pretty black and white.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Warmongers are really clutching at straws this time.

I wonder what next? Donald Trump meeting with the Russian Ambassador to discuss natural gas exports will be treason?

It gets more and more pathetic with each passing day.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This isn't about Hillary. Stay on topic.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's that pesky "lying under oath" thing that you can't get around. No matter how indigent you act about this happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It seems like a fairly weak case. The questions he was asked were placed clearly in the context of discussions of campaign related activities between Trump surrogates and the Russians. Unless we know the content of his discussions with the Russian ambassador, it can't be proven that he lied. Further weakening the case is that his staff claims that he met with ambassadors of 25 different countries last year. If that's the case, a meeting with the Russian ambassador in his official capacity in the Senate is not immediately suspect or unusual, regardless of whether or not anyone else wanted to have a meeting with him.

Without anything stronger than what's been presented, this seems like just another round of the ongoing witch hunt than anything particularly substantial.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's that pesky "lying under oath" thing that you can't get around. No matter how indigent you act about this happening.

No lie was told.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Time to break out the grand old Hillary defense.

Good luck with the FBI proving he had intent. It was just a harmless mistake. Kind of like storing and deleting and wiping a 30,000 E-mails from a server. Whoops! Oh well.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So sad.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Perjury.
It's against the law to lie under oath.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Time to break out the grand old Hillary defense.

Good luck with the FBI proving he had intent. It was just a harmless mistake. Kind of like storing and deleting and wiping a 30,000 E-mails from a server. Whoops! Oh well.

Reminds me more of the Loretta Lynch defense when she and Bill had their private meeting on the runway at the height of the FBI's investigation into that same email server...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No... I don't make errors. Why are you trying to make this about Hillary again?

She lost. She's retired. Walking the dog in the gently rolling hills of the Hudson valley.

Now let's deal with this crisis in the trump admin which is real and very very bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No lie was told.

Actually, it appears his response to Franken was false. He admitted to being a surrogate for the campaign and we now know he did talk to the Russian ambassador. Whether he intended to mislead or not, we do now know.

Regardless, this is still a very interesting turn of events. Trump's campaign and WH is the gift that keeps on giving. Days of Our Lives meets DC...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I recall discussing Sessions at length here on ATS, and I also watched his confirmation hearing. The man was made out to be such a stickler for "the law" that one member suggested he would sue his own mother if she stepped out of line with the law.

Now this.
And what REALLY frosts my cake is how his own confirmation was DELAYED so that he could vote for DeVos. This is all way way beyond the pale.

Russia is not "fake news" and all you Trump fans need to suck it up and realize that Trump and his ENTIRE CROWD are corrupt beyond anything you've imagined previously.

IMO, Sessions should be shown the door, his stuff boxed up and thrown out behind him, and the entire election should be a do-over. Immediately.
An emergency vote. Next Tuesday. Shake this snowglobe of a 'presidency' up into a swirling blizzard the likes of which will make Watergate seem like child's play. Pence is out, too ---- EVERY ONE OF THEM -- OUT.

I wonder what the Obamas are up to now that they've had time to recuperate?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join