It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Guess we'll see, but we need to explore and find out. Sessions CLAIMS that it wasn't about the election, but that sounds like something that needs to be explored further. He should be subpoenaed, AND he should recuse himself from the Trump Russia investigation at the least. Though if he gets Flynned, I don't have a problem with that either.

He's a slime ball and needs to go.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Ok I'm changing this because I was wrong. The ambassadors do interact with our government.

The question still remains as to what they talked about. And why he lied about meeting with them.
edit on 322017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's like Tom Clancy is scripting this #.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I heard trump always wanted an Emmy. Like he always wanted a purple heart.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Irishhaf

Perjury.
It's against the law to lie under oath.

Perjury is not even close to water gate, that kind of wild claims is why so many people role their eyes at the left....

Watergate, hitler, he is destroying the constitution... every time you guys slap some absurd label on a problem you make yourselves look silly.

Also I find all the hysteria from the left over this amusing after the left dismissed Kerry meeting with the Vietnamese delegation in Paris while still in the navy while we were still in combat with them.

But hey I guess as long as its your team not in trouble right...

here I will save you the trouble... its not about what we did then... its about what he did now.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: muse7
I'm just wondering what kind of conversations Flynn, and now Sessions were having with the Russians that they need to lie about them.

Likely making guarantees the sanctions placed on them would be eased or lifted.

I suspect he was negotiating price.

We know Flynn had a Consulting Contract signed with RT media (Russia's state owned media)

Flynn would not answer if the contract was still active, when he last got paid etc. etc.

At this stage, someone needs to be doing some hardcore forensics accounting on these guys.

recently Manaforts (trumps x-xampaign manager and transition advisor) daughters phone was hacked...the texts (which are interesting in themselves have been leaking on the dark web and been reported on)

Manaforts Daughter texting her sister:
“Don't fool yourself,” Andrea Manafort wrote. “That money we have is blood money.”
www.politico.com...

No one does anything for free...

edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Top Republicans call on Sessions to recuse himself from Russia investigation

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said during an appearance on MSNBC Thursday morning that Sessions should bow too maintain “the trust of the American people.”

Minutes later, House Oversight and Government Reform committee chairman Jason Chaffetz joined McCarthy’s call, tweeting that “AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself.”

The calls from two of the House’s most prominent Republicans follow revelations that Sessions met with the Russian ambassador during election season. Under oath in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee for his confirmation hearing in January, Sessions had said that he had not met with any Russian officials.

“I don’t have all the information in front of me, I don’t want to prejudge, but I just think for any investigation going forward, you want to make sure everybody trusts the investigation,” McCarthy said. “I think it’d be easier from that standpoint” for Sessions to recuse himself.

Good stuff.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

And Dr Seuss as a consultant.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Perjury.
It's against the law to lie under oath.

Perjury is not even close to water gate, that kind of wild claims is why so many people role their eyes at the left....

It is spelled "Roll"...Not "Role"....With Sessions, like Watergate...It is NOT THE LIE, BUT THE COVER-UP...and in the broader context of what we know...the Russia+Trump cover-up is much, much bigger than Watergate.

Also I find all the hysteria from the left over this amusing

And ..I find certain members of the GOPs willingness to embrace Putin for political advantage and obfuscation of the truth through lies and propaganda Treasonous.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You can roll your eyes till you fall down dizzy and that statement still won't be true. This is serious. You can frost it with vanilla and chocolate swirled but it's still serious. Yes Watergate serious.
Look the man really has no place being in the Whitehouse. I've accepted republican presidents in the past. Even voted for two but this guy is without doubt completely unfit to hold this office and his presidency so far reflects that so clearly. He's going to get impeached. For this or something else but he's going to fail at this I have no doubts.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

First off if grammar correction is your go to response, weak argument..

secondly even the cover up is not even in the same zip code as watergate, so again I ask the question what law was broken... If it was on par with watergate charges would be easy to bring.

Lastly... bzz wrong answer not a member of the gop, I am a registered member of the VPOA, and I did not vote for trump so thanks for trying , and no we do not have a parting gift for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You can roll your eyes till you fall down dizzy and that statement still won't be true. This is serious. You can frost it with vanilla and chocolate swirled but it's still serious. Yes Watergate serious.
Look the man really has no place being in the Whitehouse. I've accepted republican presidents in the past. Even voted for two but this guy is without doubt completely unfit to hold this office and his presidency so far reflects that so clearly. He's going to get impeached. For this or something else but he's going to fail at this I have no doubts.

name the law... perjury didnt bring down hillary, didnt bring down bill... so why should we think it is watergate serious.. a crime that brought down a sitting president?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I heard trump always wanted an Emmy. Like he always wanted a purple heart.

If Obama can get a Nobel Prize, we should be kind enough to give Trump an Emmy.

It's only fair.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Top Republicans call on Sessions to recuse himself from Russia investigation

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said during an appearance on MSNBC Thursday morning that Sessions should bow too maintain “the trust of the American people.”

Minutes later, House Oversight and Government Reform committee chairman Jason Chaffetz joined McCarthy’s call, tweeting that “AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself.”

The calls from two of the House’s most prominent Republicans follow revelations that Sessions met with the Russian ambassador during election season. Under oath in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee for his confirmation hearing in January, Sessions had said that he had not met with any Russian officials.

“I don’t have all the information in front of me, I don’t want to prejudge, but I just think for any investigation going forward, you want to make sure everybody trusts the investigation,” McCarthy said. “I think it’d be easier from that standpoint” for Sessions to recuse himself.

Good stuff.

I have no problem at all with that, he should recuse himself till this is settled... doesnt mean he will but he should.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
The dossier is coming true bullet point by bullet point.

This, well, this is the conspiracy of the century. We have an actual real life Manchurian president (allegedly)

I'm still concerned about that 19.5% of Rosneft

Continuing this theme...

I heard something on the radio right now that prompted me to do some googling to confirm.

Know who brought Carter Page into the Trump Campaign as an Advisor?...The guy who was at the center of the FBI contacts with Russia investigation and recently fled back to Moscow in case he is indicted and sent a threatening letter to McCain etc. etc.

You guessed it...Sessions team brought him to Trump!...Not only that, but via a lobbyist for Alfa Bank (which was later named in the Dossier)

From September 2016
The Mystery of Trump’s Man in Moscow
Reports of deep Russian ties swirl around Trump adviser Carter Page.

One source suggested to me that Richard Burt, former U.S. ambassador to Germany, START treaty negotiator, and longtime lobbyist for Alfa Bank, was the nexus. It was Burt who helped draft Trump’s foreign policy speech in April, and had been advising the Trump campaign, via Senator Jeff Sessions, on foreign policy.

Someone else told me that the Page connection was Rick Dearborn, Sessions’ chief of staff, who hired Page because Dearborn knew nothing about foreign policy but needed to put together a foreign policy staff for Trump’s Alexandria, Virginia, policy shop and he happened to know Page. But Dearborn wouldn’t return my calls

www.politico.com...

Seeing as Kislyak is well known as the FSBs top spy recruiter in the US (the reason the NSA taps his calls)

And Sessions changed his "view" on Russia in the past 18 months...

And Sessions twice perjured himself denying meetings that are now known to have taken place last year..

And Sessions can not explain why he met with Kislyak in his office during the height of sanctions and the Russia campaign hacks..

And Sessions team brought in Carter Page?..Who team Trump had to immediately drop like a hot Potato when it became clear he worked for the Russians?

The possibility that Kislyak is Sessions handler and Sessions has been compromised exists..

Recusal is the least of Sessions concerns right now IMO..

I predict Trump will work to keep Sessions in place in hopes of squashing investigations, and we are going to see dramtic leaks in the weeks to come until this reaches a full blown intelligence crisis...the rank and file of the FBI, NSA and CIA will not let suspected treason slide.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Look the man really has no place being in the Whitehouse. I've accepted republican presidents in the past.

Straight up? Mike Pence from every perspective is MUCH worse in policy for Democrats than Trump.

It would be a great political loss to replace Trump with Pence...Pence is off the charts far right in his conservative positions..

That said..this isn't politics, it's sovereignty. If Trump has worked with the Russians and covered it up...he needs to be impeached or resign..We need big questions answered. WIll a Trump resignation and impeachment be worse for Democrats with a President Pence? Hell yes...but this isn't a partisan thing...It's US politicians working with or for Russia...that's why the NSA, CIA and FBI rank and file wont let it go.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So
Anyone want to answer why a SITTING UNITED STATES SENATOR was being monitored by the intelligence gathering services of the usa?

When did it become ok for an outgoing administration to spy on an incoming administration? This is highly illegal and very reminiscent of what was done by nixon in the early 70's. There are laws in place to protect AMERICAN CITIZENS from exactly this type of political investigations.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

This was confirmed by the Justice Department, not the IC.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do understand it is a crime to gather intelligence on us citizens within the usa?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So? There has been an ongoing investigation into Trump's ties with Russia. Yesterday the Justice Department was asked about Sessions and they confirmed the meetings. This is all standard procedure for an investigation. When you investigate, you follow EVERY thread. Not get it done as quickly as possible and say, "Nothing to see here!" You are just trying to deflect from the information presented.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join