It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Maybe you should stop calling every john, dick and harry a liberal because they don't line up with yours...

I'm actually a Republican, Ex Military and personally think Mr. Sessions is a Racist and has no business dealing with the American public because he cannot keep his feelings to himself, like many of the republicans and democrats in office today.

Really can't believe we have people on forums spouting this kinda of arsegrabbery, I told Mr. Sessions to goto hell and die, hell isn't a place i believe in and so gathering all that up, what part fits inside a liberal ideal?

Just hating Sessions? Or Digressing with you?

And to add, it's bad enough you're a racist and the AG, but that you have no integrity. I mean, if it wasn't that big of a deal that you met with Russian Diplomats, why wasn't it disclosed? When America makes such a big deal with Russian anything, why would such an occurrence slipt your mind unless there was more you didn't want looked at. Many issues I have with this.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Added more about the Session lying.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Am I out of line in suggesting that the age-related memory argument surely suggests he shouldn't be representing the upper echelons of the country's leadership? What else is he gonna forget?

Liability is the word you're looking for.

Yep!

According to Trump, Flynn's inability to remember what was discussed during his meeting with Russian officials was the reason Trump asked for his resignation. He must treat Sessions the same way.

YOU'RE FIRED, JEFF! NOW GET TO THE CHOPPER!

Flynn ALSO said his contact was only a couple of calls/texts in December...mostly wishing him Happy Holidays and looking to arrange a meeting post inauguration.

Spicer shouted the same from the podium..Trump backed it up Fiercely in his news conference..

YESTERDAY the NYT reported that Kisylak VISITED TRUMP TOWER IN NYC for meeting with Flynn AND JARED KUSHNER in December..

The WH spokesperson was forced to confirm the meeting, but gave little details...

So did KUSHNER lie to Pence? Trump et al..

Or did Trump know and Lie about it?
edit on 3-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My my. Up to 30 Senate Democrats met with Russian officials in a secret meeting in 2015.
foreignpolicy.com...

The horror! The Democrats are Russian spies!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Only in China. In the US, it's called perjuring yourself under oath.

Not so much, but either way, as shown by the previous administration, perjury doesn't seem to matter anymore, anyhow.

But, when it comes to perjury, you have to understand the legal definition of the word:

18 U.S. Code § 1621 - Perjury generally:

Whoever—

(1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or

(2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;

is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

What many laypersons fail to understand about the law is the "willfully" and "does not believe to be true" parts of the elements of the code really, truly matter. Misspeaking or misinterpreting the question and then clarifying what the answer should have been and coming clean with his meetings with the Russian Ambassador would not be considered perjury by any competent judge or jury.

Now, that's not to say that I expect attorneys--especially the Attorney General--to exercise better due diligence when answering such questions and to not make these kinds of simple mistakes (which then feed the hungry wolves of partisan ideology who are salivating for any morsel upon which they can pounce), but the fact of the matter is that they are all humans who misspeak from time to time, even on the record and under oath.

The big redeeming factor in AG Session's issue is that he came clean about it immediately and didn't continue to double down on a false statement--that can't be said for really anyone in the prior administration. I can respect that.

ETA: Nevermind...this thread is already on page 28, so I doubt this insight or comment will matter at this point. The court of public opinion has already made its ruling.

edit on 3-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
My my. Up to 30 Senate Democrats met with Russian officials in a secret meeting in 2015.
foreignpolicy.com...

Uhh...When you are linking to an article discussing the time, place and content of the meeting concerning the Iran Deal...With commentary by those in attendance?

What was secret about it?...I worry you are letting politics corrode your logic centers.

If it wasn't reported on..and the meeting was kept secret...and those Democrats lied under oath when questioned saying it never happened..and could not explain the reason or content of the meeting "I don't recall" etc. etc. etc.

Are you honestly unable to make the distinction between an official, documented, reported on meeting with a public and clear purpose...and a (multiple) meetings where the AG denied them happening at all under oath and can't fully "recall" the substance of those meetings?

IT IS NOT THAT HE MET WITH RUSSIA'S CHIEF SPY IN THE STATES/AMBASSADOR...IT IS THAT HE OUTRIGHT LIED UNDER OATH ABOUT IT.

THE TRUTH ISNT OFFERED UNTIL BUSTED BY REPORTING...FLYNN DOESN'T RESIGN...SESSIONS DOESN'T RECUSE...UNTIL THE LIES ARE EXPOSED BY PRESS...TRUTH NEVER OFFERED BY THIS WH...THE RIGHT THING NEVER DONE...IT IS THE PUBLIC AND PRESS OPERATING AS ETHICS OVERSIGHT.

AS WITH FLYNN....ITS THE COVER UP AND LIES AT ISSUE

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Imagine the number of people a senator talks to in a day, the number of meetings they go through on a normal day, I am certain the number is much higher than what I meet and speak to in a day... I could not tell you what I said to someone 6 months ago.

Doesnt mean I am not mentally fit to serve my country, fix military hardware, work around Nukes while on the buff, cause according to the Fed I am mentally fit.

Since we also have found out recently that many members of the committee have had meetings with ambassadors, why exactly should we assume this meeting was so all fired up special super secret double probation level important that it would stick out in his mind and be remembered months later?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So, are you trying to say that Sessions accidentally lied?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Imagine the number of people a senator talks to in a day, the number of meetings they go through on a normal day, I am certain the number is much higher than what I meet and speak to in a day... I could not tell you what I said to someone 6 months ago.

I suspect if you were the most well known supporter of Donald Trump in the Senate, The first to endorse and TRUMPS CHAIRMAN of FORIEGN POLICY ADVISORS...and the news was littered with the Director Of National Intelligence and 16 other agencies calling out Russia for interfering with the US Election and possibly conspiring with the Campaign where you Chair the Foreign Policy...You might take note of Russia's Chief Ambassador asking for a sit down meeting with you.

Sessions obviously was fully aware of the dangerous optics (or potential FBI surveillance) , since he admits Kislyak invited him to dinner at his residence, but Sessions declined and had the meeting at his office instead.

The retort of "well...I meet with lots of people"...Is painful BS and everyone in DC and with half a brain knows it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

foreignpolicy.com...

Uhh...When you are linking to an article discussing the time, place and content of the meeting concerning the Iran Deal...With commentary by those in attendance?

What was secret about it?...I worry you are letting politics corrode you logic centers.

If it wasn't reported on..and the meeting was kept secret...and those Democrats lied under oath when questioned saying it never happened..and could not explain the reason or content of the meeting "I don't recall" etc. etc. etc.

Are you honestly unable to make the distinction between an official, documented, reported on meeting with a public and clear purpose...and a (multiple) meetings where the AG denied them happening at all under oath and can't fully "recall" the substance of those meetings?

IT IS NOT THAT HE MET WITH RUSSIA'S CHIEF SPY IN THE STATES/AMBASSADOR...IT IS THAT HE OUTRIGHT LIED UNDER OATH ABOUT IT.

AS WITH FLYNN....ITS THE COVER UP AND LIES AT ISSUE

You have no idea that they did not talk about Hillary's upcoming campaign. We have to assume they did and that all 30 democrats are spies.

Obama is also a spy...as is proven by this photo. Looks like Kislyak, remember the same guy who is now being positioned as some clandestine Russian agent, had deep ties to Obama. 100% proof, obviously.

Its amazing really. i previously thought it would be quite normal for the Russian Ambassador to meet with US politicians but after the last day or so, it's clear that it is not and anyone who met with him must be a spy.

As for Sessions lying under oath - nope. No matter how many times you try and claim it with partisan nonsense it is not going to make it true.

edit on 3/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

As someone posted above. it really dont matter because legally its not required. Some traditions are stupid. such as mothers day. isnt that a stupid tradition?

I'm a mom, and I rather enjoy Mother's Day.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I missed the part where President Obama lied under oath about meeting with the Russian Ambassador..

Please show me the press releases and photographs of Sessions and Kisylaks meetings?

And explain to me clearly what the purpose of the meetings were?

You keep training your brain this way and you will start to fail to cognate when your aren't trying to be a troll...Just a warning, our brains are not hard-wired.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I have had meetings that directly impact my future career, and 6 months later I could not tell you exactly what was said at those meetings just the gist of the meeting.

Any gist of the conversation answer would be pounced on immediately by democrats, I don't recall is a much safer answer that has shown in the past will keep your butt out of prison.

It has worked for Democrats as well as Republicans, neither is going to push very hard... and since he has recused himself from the investigation the democrats are going to have to let it go unless new evidence pops up that would be a slam dunk in court, they risk further political backlash that they can not afford because quite frankly they suck at playing politics.

I am not happy that playing politics is more important than doing right by the country, but that is the reality and to date I still have not seen any real reason to get outraged over this meeting.

I know I know... Perjury.. tenuous at best and no way the dems blow their limited political capital on that risk to get a pawn.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I have had meetings that directly impact my future career, and 6 months later I could not tell you exactly what was said at those meetings just the gist of the meeting.

But if your boss asked if you had any meetings that directly impacted your career..and puts you under oath?

Your answer is what?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I missed the part where President Obama lied under oath about meeting with the Russian Ambassador..

Please show me the press releases and photographs of Sessions and Kisylaks meetings?

You keep training your brain this way and you will start to fail to cognate when your aren't trying to be a troll...Just a warning, our brains are not hard-wired.

I missed the part where Session lied under oath - mainly because it never happened.

So we're left with Sessions meeting with Kislyak, as have several other politicians, which seems fairly obvious given he is the Ambassador.

But hey, partisan fake news pushers are now trying to position Kislyak as something else... lets go back to what you said...

Kislyak is the head Russian Ambassador in DC and regarded by the Intelligence Community as their Chief Spy Recruiter..

So why were all these politicians meeting with a chief spy recruiter? Has Obama been compromised and recruited as a Russian spy? Have the 30 Democrats who met in a secret meeting with him... maybe to talk about more than just Iran. ... all been recruited?

I think a full investigation is required into the possibility that the Democratic party have been compromised by a "Russian spy recruiter"

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

My answer is not anything that would be accepted in this particular situation primarily because of all the rhetoric being slung around. When you are under oath you need to be specific and if I cannot remember the specifics I am hosed either way... if I lie about having the meeting or if I give a general answer, especially when people on the other side of the aisle are on a witch hunt.

Just like when republicans refused to accept that Bill and Loretta only talked about grand kids on her plane, there was no right answer that people eager for the fall of the administration would accept.

I would be loathe to take a job with this administration, the democrats have made it quite clear they will play scorched earth with any slip up for the next 4 years.

And finally in case I did not make myself clear I truly do not care about Perjury, It has been made abundantly clear in the last year that they have a set of rules that do not include all the rules we have to follow.

So I will retain my outrage for something tangible.

edit on 3-3-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I missed the part where Session lied under oath - mainly because it never happened.

Thanks to his press conference...He now lied TWO ways Under Oath..

(1)
“I did not have communications with the Russians.”

and

(2) In written form
“Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?”
Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

Key word "about" the 2016 elections...

Asked the same question at the press conference?
"I don't recall, but most of these ambassadors are pretty gossipy, and....this was in the campaign season, but I don't recall any specific political discussions,"

Sessions could face legal ordeal over testimony
www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thanks to his press conference...He now lied TWO ways Under Oath..

(1)
“I did not have communications with the Russians.”

and

(2) In written form
“Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?”
Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

Key word "about" the 2016 elections...

Asked the same question at the press conference?
"I don't recall, but most of these ambassadors are pretty gossipy, and....this was in the campaign season, but I don't recall any specific political discussions,"

Sessions could face legal ordeal over testimony
www.politico.com...

Yes, so no discussions about the 2016 election, which is what he was asked. Thanks for accepting reality at last.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

...Is painful BS and everyone in DC and with half a brain knows it.

Finally we can agree. Those with half a brain in DC have drawn their partisan conclusions. Meanwhile those with full brains can see exactly what is going on - just more fake narratives from an extremely sore set of Democrat politicians.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So, are you trying to say that Sessions accidentally lied?

No, I'm saying exactly what I said.

But to elaborate, he noted in his press conference yesterday that he acknowledges that he made a mistake when he answered Sen. Franken's question, and then noted his meetings with the ambassador.

Whether or not I believe that he excluded those meetings from his answer with intent to deceive is irrelevant--he clarified the fact that he had a couple meetings with the Russian Ambassador (a few of many, many meetings with ambassadors) and then he recused himself from participating in anything dealing with investigations into the Trump campaign and ties to Russia.

What I will say is that he's been forthcoming at this point, and his voluntary recusal tells me that he at least deserves a chance to remain as AG, and that I don't believe that he committed perjury per the proper elements of the U.S. code.

Is that clearer?

It's like Lt. Daniel Kaffee once said, "It doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what I can prove," or in this case, what people can prove. Proving that he willfully lied is going to be an uphill battle if anyone wants to try to prosecute him over it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oh, and here is more from Fake News experts CNN.

They are not just attempting to skew Sessions answer in the Senate committee hearings as they key issue, they are going full out to try and paint ANY meeting with Kislyak as somehow 'breaking news'. I guess they are hoping the old trick of word associations are going to work... keep saying Russia and Trump campaign over and over again and hope it sticks. They have just missed out the part where Kislyak has had several meetings with many politicians including Democrats and indeed Obama and Kerry. Oh! what pearl clutching drama!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join