It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: yuppa

He was stumping all last summer. That's the point you're missing. He was a trump surrogate he was an active member of the campaign from the very beginning.

No he didnt admit he was one he said he was CALLED one from time to time. So if i call you a racist does that mean you are?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Agreed. It all looks so unsavory.

My guess is that Trump's tax returns will be his downfall. I wonder how that audit is coming along?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Olivine

It's looking like it.
If it's all so innocent then why all the secret meetings and lying about it?
I mean the optics couldn't be worse.
Without tax returns we have no idea how trump might profit from this.
It all ties in.

But wait, surely only the media is interested in his tax returns remember?

Or as Trumplets on ats put it: 'IT'S NOT A DERN LEGAL REQUIREMENT SO WHY SHOULD HE'

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

His status on the trump campaign was factual...

It comes down to timing. Frank knows what he did when he was still a senator. and How as was Sessions to know what others in the campaign were doing? It was a flawed question to him. sessions should had said I do not know sir because I am not them but personally i myself have not engaged in any innapropriate contacts outside of my job.

but hes a old man and has memory issues.oops. guess it be hard to prove lying to congress when you have to prove intentional with memory issues huh?

remember until he is found guilty this is alleged.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Agreed. It all looks so unsavory.

My guess is that Trump's tax returns will be his downfall. I wonder how that audit is coming along?

As someone posted above. it really dont matter because legally its not required. Some traditions are stupid. such as mothers day. isnt that a stupid tradition?

Shoot id argue the same for Obama. his tax returns not required. HE already disclosed his finances to run for president.
So why the hypocracy here huh?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Being identified as a Trump surrogate is nothing to be ashamed of, to dodge or deny, as if it's the same as identifying as a racist. Shame on you for trying to spin it that way! Jeff Sessions was the first Senator to come out and fully endorse Trump, and he became a key advisor in the Trump Campaign, and stumped for him like a fanboy.

Sessions problem is that he gave too much information. Trying to dance around Franken's question, to which Mr Franken was expecting Sessions to say that he would recuse himself, Sessions went into elaborate denial, indicting himself and committing perjury.

LOCK HIM UP!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Excerpts from his News Conference..Too much "I don't recall"

SESSIONS: Well, it was just normal things, such as I started off by saying — I don't remember a lot of it

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE)

SESSIONS: I don't recall, but most of these ambassadors are pretty gossipy and they like to — this was in campaign season, but I don't recall any specific political discussions.

QUESTION: (Inaudible) meetings, do you recall meeting with Ambassador Kislyak any other times?

SESSIONS: I don't recall having met him. It's possible — I'm on the Armed Services Committee and things happen, but I don't recall having met him before those two meetings.

QUESTION: Did you consult — did you consult with the White House about your decision?

And just to follow on the last question, with hindsight, do you believe that this is a coincidence that the Russians asked you for a meeting? Did you believe you were targeted because it came at the height of Russia's interference?

SESSIONS: I don't recall and don't have a sense of any connection whatsoever about that. I'm not sure I even knew what — when we set up the meeting what was going to be going on in the world at the time, so I can't speak for what the Russian ambassador may have had in his mind.

QUESTION: Have you met with any other Russian officials or folks connected with the Russian government since you endorsed Donald Trump?

SESSIONS: I don't believe so. I — you know, we meet a lot of people, so...

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 3-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Remember Trump's 1st foreign policy speech back on April 27, 2016 at the Mayflower hotel?

Notably, he declared that “we are not bound to be adversaries” with either Russia or China. Relations with the two great powers should be “based on shared interests.” Trump noted that one of those shared interests is fighting terrorism; Russia, he said, “has seen the horror of Islamic terrorism.” The idea that the United States and Russia actually have some common interests must have cheered the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak, who was watching from the front row.

the Nation

source

The article also suggests the speech was written by Richart Burt, who incidently is a lobbyist for Gazprom pipeline company.

...And Rex Tillerson has every reason for the sanctions imposed over Russia's 'annexation' of Crimea to be lifted. Read on

This is all a long-con by the Don to enrich his buddies and his family.

OK...I know it is off topic..

But WTF is the guy on the left carrying a sword for? And in the front row no less..Secret Service don't mind swords?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
He lied to Congress. He needs to resign or be arrested. I agree with the OP, cant defend this as a republican without being a huge hypocrite.

If he lied you have to get others too(dems who currently serve have lied but not intentionally.) so really according to the rules they actually didnt lie because they cant show actual intent to do it puposefully. Chalk it up to bad memory.

CLinton opened up this precedent when she was let off the hook for the servers and not Intending to break the law. Call i t the comey defense.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Am I out of line in suggesting that the age-related memory argument surely suggests he shouldn't be representing the upper echelons of the country's leadership? What else is he gonna forget?

Liability is the word you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

He lied to Congress. He needs to resign or be arrested. I agree with the OP, cant defend this as a republican without being a huge hypocrite.

If he lied you have to get others too(dems who currently serve have lied but not intentionally.) so really according to the rules they actually didnt lie because they cant show actual intent to do it puposefully. Chalk it up to bad memory.

CLinton opened up this precedent when she was let off the hook for the servers and not Intending to break the law. Call i t the comey defense.

Clinton isn't potus.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Being identified as a Trump surrogate is nothing to be ashamed of, to dodge or deny, as if it's the same as identifying as a racist. Shame on you for trying to spin it that way! Jeff Sessions was the first Senator to come out and fully endorse Trump, and he became a key advisor in the Trump Campaign, and stumped for him like a fanboy.

Sessions problem is that he gave too much information. Trying to dance around Franken's question, to which Mr Franken was expecting Sessions to say that he would recuse himself, Sessions went into elaborate denial, indicting himself and committing perjury.

LOCK HIM UP!

Well as Indigo posted he still dont remember correctly so according to th elaws of lying to congress it can be argued he didnt intentionally do so. HE should recuse himself but thats it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Clinton isn't potus.

but th e law is th e law isnt it? and this isnt the president on trial. get on topic.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Exactly what I was thinking. If his memory is so bad that large chunks are missing he should probably be in a home. Not acting as the Attorney General.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Indigo.. POST THE ENTIRE THING not just th eYELLOW BITS. Youre being DISHONEST if you do so.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Remember Trump's 1st foreign policy speech back on April 27, 2016 at the Mayflower hotel?

Notably, he declared that “we are not bound to be adversaries” with either Russia or China. Relations with the two great powers should be “based on shared interests.” Trump noted that one of those shared interests is fighting terrorism; Russia, he said, “has seen the horror of Islamic terrorism.” The idea that the United States and Russia actually have some common interests must have cheered the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak, who was watching from the front row.

the Nation

source

The article also suggests the speech was written by Richart Burt, who incidently is a lobbyist for Gazprom pipeline company.

...And Rex Tillerson has every reason for the sanctions imposed over Russia's 'annexation' of Crimea to be lifted. Read on

This is all a long-con by the Don to enrich his buddies and his family.

And if you wanted to go down the rabbit hole?

Richard Burt? The guy who wrote Trump's foreign policy speech?

One source suggested to me that Richard Burt, former U.S. ambassador to Germany, START treaty negotiator, and longtime lobbyist for Alfa Bank, was the nexus. It was Burt who helped draft Trump’s foreign policy speech in April, and had been advising the Trump campaign, via Senator Jeff Sessions

www.politico.com...

Alfa Bank was the source of the strange server traffic between the Trump Org and Russia.

Alfa Bank was also named repeatedly in the Dossier

Finally, some parts of the dossier's characterization of relations between Putin and Alfa Group is likely on the mark, or close to it. Alfa Bank, it will be remembered, was rather fancifully linked with Trump by Democrat-leaning publications last year. The dossier paints a picture of a long-standing symbiotic relationship between Alfa Group and the Russian leader.

fortune.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Am I out of line in suggesting that the age-related memory argument surely suggests he shouldn't be representing the upper echelons of the country's leadership? What else is he gonna forget?

Liability is the word you're looking for.

Yep!

According to Trump, Flynn's inability to remember what was discussed during his meeting with Russian officials was the reason Trump asked for his resignation. He must treat Sessions the same way.

YOU'RE FIRED, JEFF! NOW GET TO THE CHOPPER!

edit on 3-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here is what i recently suggested to trumps people. Replace everyone who was involved with your campaign. Total newbies and the ones you had can be advisors.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Senator meets Ambassador - what a scandal

Russian Ambassador spotted with politicians! - scandal!!

The crazies on the left really are out of bullets.
edit on 3/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Indigo.. POST THE ENTIRE THING not just th eYELLOW BITS. Youre being DISHONEST if you do so.

My discussion point was the questions to which he responded "I don't remember" and "I don't recall"..

Because that is where he wanted to leave himself room to not be prosecuted or accused of lying if more comes out.

Specifically...He could not recall...If they talked campaign politics or if he had other meetings with Kisylak...or if he met other Russians.

I gave the link, you are welcome to post the full transcript of the presser if you want to discuss other relevant areas.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join