It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Senator meets Ambassador - what a scandal

Russian Ambassador spotted with politicians! - scandal!!

The crazies on the left really are out of bullets.

I think the issue is more about him lying about it mate. Oh wait no, forgetting, sorry.

But you knew that anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

I think the issue is more about him lying about it mate. Oh wait no, forgetting, sorry.

I know what the fake issue started as - there was no lie though... and as I have pointed out the fake news media has not stopped there... they are leading with stories about ANY meeting between those associated to Trump's campaign and Kislyak as somehow news worthy and wrong. So, no, the issue does not seem to be merely about Sessions 'lying' under oath.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I know what the fake issue started as - there was no lie though... and as I have pointed out the fake news media has not stopped there... they are leading with stories about ANY meeting between those associated to Trump's campaign and Kislyak as somehow news worthy and wrong. So, no, the issue does not seem to be merely about Sessions 'lying' under oath.

Day after day I see you desperately, blindly parading round these boards with your denial and propaganda. You're trying to keep the titanic afloat with armbands mate.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Day after day I see you desperately, blindly parading round these boards with your denial and propaganda. You're trying to keep the titanic afloat with armbands mate.

Just like to point out fake news and propaganda from desperate Democrats hurt badly by their loss(es). ... just like your fake narrative that only the words of Sessions in the Senate hearing make up this partisan attack.
edit on 3/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

To be fair, you bolded the word "willingly" more than once, so I figured you were trying to convey doubt regarding Sessions willingness to withhold or deny his meetings with the Russian Ambassador.

What I will say is that he's been forthcoming at this point, and his voluntary recusal tells me that he at least deserves a chance to remain as AG, and that I don't believe that he committed perjury per the proper elements of the U.S. code.

Is that clearer?

He was not forthcoming, and has stated that he "can't recall" what was discussed during his interactions. He didn't willingly come forward to clarify his testimony until he was accused of perjuring himself, and he didn't voluntarily recuse himself until it was clear to the world that he was compromised as AG.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
He was not forthcoming, and has stated that he "can't recall" what was discussed during his interactions. He didn't willingly come forward to clarify his testimony until he was accused of perjuring himself, and he didn't voluntarily recuse himself until it was clear to the world that he was compromised as AG.

He hasn't been accused of anything (at least, not legally, which is what I'm talking about)--he always has the right to say nothing, but chose to address the issue directly. I commend him for that, because most executive-level people in the federal government avoid doing that at all costs.

And no matter how you spin it, he did voluntarily recuse himself--legally, he didn't have to do that at all, and Trump didn't want him to, but he did anyhow. That's called voluntary, no matter how you slice it.

I disagree with you that he's compromised at this point. I do, however, think that "the left" is trying to pounce on anything that they can, and if it's a non-issue, they attempt to make it into a scandal. This is one of those times, IMO.

But like anything, we'll have to wait and see how things pan out--obviously, I could be completely wrong, and he intentionally lied, and still hasn't disclosed every meeting. That's the sad reality of our politicians and executives in government...we just can't really trust them anymore.

And quite honestly, having the job that I do and having to sit through and also conduct meetings, there's no way that I could tell you specifically what was discussed in particular meetings from months past. I empathize with his assertion that he can't recall specifics, and honestly, I find it ridiculous when people expect that he should be able to.

But that said, I would think that there would be meeting minutes recorded somewhere, but that's just speculation.

To be fair, you bolded the word "willingly" more than once, so I figured you were trying to convey doubt regarding Sessions willingness to withhold or deny his meetings with the Russian Ambassador.

Fair enough.
edit on 3-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

He hasn't been accused of anything (at least, not legally, which is what I'm talking about)--he always has the right to say nothing, but chose to address the issue directly. I commend him for that, because most executive-level people in the federal government avoid doing that at all costs.

That's what did him in. He thought he was artfully dancing around Franken's question about recusal, and said too much, more than what was asked of him, and in doing so he indicted himself and committed perjury in front of the whole world.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Reason they call it The CRIMINAL JUST U$ $Y$TEM----you either have a hall pass in the Lodge or you don't. Every once in awhile a brethren will take one for the team to keep the illusion alive. No mysteries here.
edit on 3-3-2017 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Democratic Senator Claire McKaskill:

Pretty conclusive then...

But wait....

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This smoking gun is she made a tweet on August 6, 2015 about calling the Russian ambassador about the Iran deal. She says she never had a call with the Russian ambassador. But according to her August 6, 2015 tweet she did. Seems like she lied.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What does the Armed Services Committee have to do with foreign adoptions? Senator McCaskill's agenda was clear, not secretive or covert.

Sessions' said that he met with the Russian Ambassador regarding Armed Services Committee business. That appears to be another lie, not to mention how inappropriate such a meeting might appear to other committee members who knew nothing of such a meeting.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You are being willfully dishonest when you dismiss the context.
That being that the Trump campaign has been in a cozy lovefest with Putin since day one, changing the Republican party platform to remove language supporting Ukraine (This was their only change), and signaling that the sanctions against Russia would be lifted.

They were signaling a change in U.S. policy toward Russia should Trump win the WH, I and many, many other Americans would like to get to the bottom of how exactly that went down. What did Putin offer in exchange; hacking of the DNC, sweet business deals for all involved, a Trump tower in Moscow, etc?

I understand that the cold war is over, but Russian spying on the U.S. never stopped. Their nuclear weapons are still pointed at us.

edit on 3/3/2017 by Olivine because: forgot a pronoun

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hi4man

This smoking gun is she made a tweet on August 6, 2015 about calling the Russian ambassador about the Iran deal. She says she never had a call with the Russian ambassador. But according to her August 6, 2015 tweet she did. Seems like she lied.

www.businessinsider.com...

She lied to the American people in order to try and heap pressure on Sessions. Unless, we accept the nuance in her tweets. She actually said she never met him as part of the Armed Services Committee, but is seen to have met him on something else. But, we know that democrats are not interested in nuances and jump to accusations of lying even though Sessions was asked about Trump campaign meetings. So, all we can do is play by the same rules and call out Democrat lying and hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

You are being willfully dishonest when you dismiss the context.
That being that the Trump campaign has been in a cozy lovefest with Putin since day one, changing the Republican party platform to remove language supporting Ukraine (This was their only change), and signaling that the sanctions against Russia would be lifted.

They were signaling a change in U.S. policy toward Russia should Trump win the WH, and many, many Americans would like to get to the bottom of how exactly that went down. What did Putin offer in exchange; hacking of the DNC, sweet business deals for all involved, a Trump tower in Moscow, etc?

I understand that the cold war is over, but Russian spying on the U.S. never stopped. Their nuclear weapons are still pointed at us.

No proof of any of that, so please provide the evidence of this 'cosy lovefest'. You are not being wilfully dishonest are you?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Just like to point out fake news and propaganda

If it is "Fake News" and "Propaganda"...Then why did Flynn resign? Why did Pence say he was misled? Why did Sessions recuse himself..ad infinium

Seems to me it is a REAL news and a FAKE WH.

Not to say there isn't "fake news"...Trump's campaign and supporters produced a ton of it..

Remember the Bowling Greene Massacre!!
edit on 3-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What does the Armed Services Committee have to do with foreign adoptions? Senator McCaskill's agenda was clear, not secretive or covert.

Sessions' said that he met with the Russian Ambassador regarding Armed Services Committee business. That appears to be another lie, not to mention how inappropriate such a meeting might appear to other committee members who knew nothing of such a meeting.

What do meetings regarding the Trump campaign have to do with the Armed Services Committee?
Unless context is only valid when you want it to be?
Ah, the hypocrisy shines through.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I expected Flynn to be fired. Just for being a Democrat alone is enough.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hi4man

its hysterical all the newly minted ats'ers with lame deflections.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Just like to point out fake news and propaganda

If it is "Fake News" and "Propaganda"...Then why did Flynn resign? Why did Pence say he was misled? Why did Sessions recuse himself..ad infinium

Seems to me it is a REAL news and a FAKE WH.

Not to say there isn't "fake news"...Trump's campaign and supporters produced a ton of it..

Flynn resigned because he misled Pence, not because he was in cahoots with Russia, for which there is zero evidence.
Sessions has recused himself to avoid the appearance of bias in the investigation - on the advice of his team.
Simple, and nothing at all to support your fake news narrative. It must be very hard to lose so badly consistently and I guess that is why those so hurt have to make up their own reality - as a coping mechanism. Do let us know when you are out of your rabbit hole

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

If Putin gave billions of dollars to Trump as income, it would show up in his income tax return. If Putin promised him Trump Tower Moscow, do you think that is something politically feasible for Trump? Not during his time in office but it's certainly feasible after his time in office.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join