It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

So then you agree that an investigation should be conducted.

Of course. If there is evidence of wrong doing THEN we can start calling people liars and making concrete claims of perjury. To do so before is nothing more than partisan BS that is all too familiar from the usual suspects both on the govt. and on this site.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pelosi--according to the news--stated sessions should resign and anything else is unacceptable. It's over now?
edit on 3/3/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Pelosi--according to the news--stated sessions should resign and anything else is unacceptable. It's over now?

I think the sad decrepit old woman believes she is judge, jury and executioner. The mindset of a fascist.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Please enlighten us all with your conclusive evidence. I'll await with baited breath

Right there...by my avatar...is the "See posts in thread option"

You have text, transcripts and video of Sessions perjuring himself.

Or you can simply Google it...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Please enlighten us all with your conclusive evidence. I'll await with baited breath

So no evidence then? I see.
Now you might want to do some research on perjury and what it takes to make that charge hold up, lest you embarrass yourself any further.
Sell your fascist ideas of convicting people with no evidence to someone else.

edit on 3/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Holy Crap...you are going to hurt your own brain more than mine...

Let's try this..

IS THIS A TRUE ANSWER SESSIONS GAVE?

Al Frankin:

if there is any evidence
that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign
communicated with the Russian government
in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Jeff Sessions:

"Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and

I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

edit on 3-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Left wing hysteria.

We keep hearing about these so called "Russian Ties". What are these?
I thought Trumps ties were made in China, and the left were slamming him about that.
What exactly do Russian ties entail.
My company began to do business in Russia back in 2014. I had to make calls to Russian telecom companies to negotiate rates and terms. I would bet some of those companies were owned by "Russian oligarchs" so I guess it could be said that I have "Russian ties".

Jeff Sessions did not lie. He responded to a question in a very lawyer like fashion. He only answered the question asked.
Had he been asked "did you meet with Russians" he would indeed have had to answer yes, however he was asked "did you meet with the Russians REGARDING THE 2016 CAMPAIGN" his response was no because apparently he did not discuss the campaign with the Russian ambassador.

Let us however suppose that they did discuss the campaign. Why would it matter. Are we seriously being asked by democrats to believe that contact between governments is supposed to be put on hold when there is an election? That during the Russian elections our diplomats are NOT meeting with all levels of Russian political figures and officers and discussing what potential new administrations might look like?
There is nothing out of the ordinary for low level admin people to meet with ambassadors and foreign political representatives. In fact today Brent Hume tweeted that the last time he had lunch at the Capital, Nancy Pelosi was having lunch with that very same Russian ambassador.
So what did she discuss and what kind of treason was she up to??????WE MUST KNOW!!!

Flynn was cut loose because he didnt tell Mike Pence the truth. It was not because he had a conversation with a Russian.
What should be more of a concern to everyone is the fact that the intel community is out of control. These are the people who cant give up on the old cold war narrative and cant accept that having a working relationship with Russia is not a bad thing. They are doing everything they can to undermine the Trump administration. Now even if you dont like Trump it should worry you that the intel community sees itself as the true decision makers with regards to who is allowed to take the office of the President. Many people on this board accept the idea that the same mindset within the intel community is what led to the Kennedy assassination.
Thats not the place we need to be as a country.
If the intel community is not brought to heel, they are going to push us into a civil war.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Holy Crap...you are going to hurt your own brain more than mine...

Let's try this..

IS THIS A TRUE ANSWER SESSIONS GAVE?

Al Frankin:

if there is any evidence
that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign
communicated with the Russian government
in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Jeff Sessions:

"Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and

I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

Firstly, Sessions was responding to conversations about the campaign - as he has said - and there is zero evidence that he had conversations about the Trump campaign with the Russians or on behalf of the Trump campaign with the Russians. Like I said, if you have some proof, then share it.
Secondly, please do try to at least understand the grounds for perjury before making silly claims. You might want it to be true really badly (obviously you do), but there is not a cat's chance in hell that Sessions will be convicted of perjury for those statements.

As for Sessions answer:
He did not actually answer Franken's question. What he did say was completely honest IF he was responding in the context of his work on the Trump campaign. If he was responding based on any contact he had with the Russians in any capacity then what he said was false.
Now take the role of the prosecutor ... prove what Sessions intended, because for perjury to hold up the onus is on the prosecutor to prove intent to lie. Good luck with that. Until you do provide this proof, your concrete claims of perjury are nonsense and clearly driven by both bias and a lack of understanding of the law.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You're so brainwashed it's funny. Wake up and stop being so damn ignorant. Pathetic

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

LOL....Dance puppet! Dance!

He did not actually answer Franken's question. What he did say was completely honest IF he was responding in the context of his work on the Trump campaign.

How would you know? Sessions says he doesn't recall what was discussed, or if campaign issues were discussed.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He did not actually answer Franken's question. What he did say was completely honest IF he was responding in the context of his work on the Trump campaign.

How would you know? Sessions says he doesn't recall what was discussed, or if campaign issues were discussed.

It does not matter what I know, or you know. The onus is on you to prove that Sessions intentionally lied. I am sorry that the law on perjury undermines your argument, but you'll have to live with it.
Your enthusiasm to ignore the law and claim guilt is an example of either simple ignorance or a wilful desire to engage in fascist tactics to persecute enemies. Neither holds any credibility in the real world.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Once again a swing and a miss. Buying time to buy time. "He will hang us from the lamp posts." That is a more realistic future.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How many more times are the Democrats going to cry wolf?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Are there any that don't lie?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It does not matter what I know, or you know. The onus is on you to prove that Sessions intentionally lied. I am sorry that the law on perjury undermines your argument, but you'll have to live with it.
Your enthusiasm to ignore the law and claim guilt is an example of either simple ignorance or a wilful desire to engage in fascist tactics to persecute enemies. Neither holds any credibility in the real world.

No, it's not on me to prove anything. Sessions has been accused of lying under oath by his own peers. Now, Sessions is just another piece in the investigation into the Russian influence on the US election, that will be headed up by a special prosecutor.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xtrozero

So then the meeting with Flynn and Kushner at trump tower that nobody knew about til yesterday was what? Business as usual?
Why did they meet? Why did they lie? What is Russia getting?

First, what does this have to do with Sessions?

What does 50 senators do when they all meet with the Russians on a rather regular bases?

The meeting between Kushner, Flynn and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak lasted 20 minutes at Trump Tower and was intended to “establish a line of communication,” White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks told The Times on Thursday.

Yep super secret....

What are the Russians getting? Well lets ask Hillary/Obama who gave them 20% of our uranium reserves...lol

The big point is Obama can be recorded talking to the Russians before he entered office saying that once he is in office he will have more control..... no big deal back then, what is the big deal now?

The big deal is the Left have nothing....and all they can do is this bull crap propaganda...starting with the only way Hillary could have lost was because the Russians fixed it. She lost because a large percent of liberals didn't vote period. All this Russian crap is just a continued carryover from that to keep trying to suggest Trump is in with the Russians...They are in full swing for 2020, but little do they know they are going about it all wrong...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No, it's not on me to prove anything. Sessions has been accused of lying under oath by his own peers. Now, Sessions is just another piece in the investigation into the Russian influence on the US election, that will be headed up by a special prosecutor.

There is no guilt until proven. You can fantasise about his guilt all you like if it makes you feel better. Special prosecutor? Doubt it. But whatever excites you or helps you deal with your losses. You might be setting yourself up for another big disappointment though, which will be funny to watch.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
How many more times are the Democrats going to cry wolf?

ya, it's the democrats crying wolf. LOL

but... Hillary's emails.

how much did we spend on that investigation again?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

There is no guilt until proven.

What is that, some kind of absolute truth? LOL.......

There is a difference between someone being guilty of something, and someone being found guilty in a court of law. That is the end of the process, of which we are still at the front of. Next will be the appointment of a Special Prosecutor, now that Sessions has been recused, and an investigation. None of that could happen without a trail of evidence and the appearance criminal activity. And, perjury, especially by the top law enforcement official of the "Free World" is a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join