It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Perfectly Explains the Hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" Argument

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: windword

Can you describe the circumstances that would encourage a physician to provide a late term abortion?

EDIT: Actually, I'm sure there is no shortage of highly disturbed sadistic types out there who love chopping up dead baby fetuses. It's kind of like how many would-be serial killers join the military and pray for wars.

That's not what I asked you. I'll rephrase.

What is "late term"?

Can you describe a circumstance in which a moral and competent physician would recommend a legal late term abortion to a pregnant woman?

Why would one? Are physicians also therapists and / or social workers too? Or are you trying to turn is into an issue of medical reasons? If that's your game, how about we also debate the merits of the Hippocratic Oath while we're at it?

Most doctors today do not take the Hippocratic Oath because its way outdated.

It's not a requirement.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Annee

So at month 9 women can abort their babies in your view. Got it.

Not your business.

You think a woman should be allowed to terminate a baby at 9 months and its no one elses business.

That is disgusting.

Is it currently legal to do that?

NO

So then if it is law, then we do have a say in it, don't we?

What happened to its only the womans choice?

Now you are conceding that society has the right to put restrictions on what the woman might chose.

So which is it?

And also, if you are going to justify your statements about a woman having a right to an abortion at 9 months by using the law,

then if the Trumps supreme picks move the court to decide that its illegal for women to have an abortion, you will be totally ok with it, right?

edit on 4-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
I disagree. You can prevent said pregnancy or choose adoption as an avenue. Murdering an unborn baby is still murder.

Edited to add I'm not religious at all.

So how many have you adopted, to help out this mindset?

Mind you, there are over 100,000 kids waiting to be adopted. Why don't you & the rest of the pro-lifers get on that and ratchet that number down some? You know, put your advice money where your mouths are.

Edit: Pic k your source.
edit on 2/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: JD163
a reply to: schuyler

'Accidents' do happen,....no contraceptive is 100%

So what? Does that mean you have the right to kill a baby? Because it was an "accident"?

YES.

But, the terminology "baby" is yours.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

She was suggesting that society should have no say in rather or not a 9 month old is terminated.

That's not what I got. I specifically heard "none of YOUR business". Society has already made a statement on Abortion, and in the USA Roe V Wade is the accepted law of the land in that regard.

Roe V Wade addresses privacy, as in "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS".

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Not your business.

You think a woman should be allowed to terminate a baby at 9 months and its no one elses business.

That is disgusting.

NO

Now you are conceding that society has the right to put restrictions on what the woman might chose.

So which is it?

And also, if you are going to justify your statements about a woman having a right to an abortion at 9 months by using the law,

then if the Trumps supreme court decide that its illegal for women to have an abortion, you will be totally ok with it, right?

YOU are the one who has an issue with it.

I don't.

I had an abortion - - and have zero regrets.

Do I think a woman should have full right to her body and decisions related to it? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I think her body should be legislated? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ah, The Great Lie again! It's NOT HER BODY. It's the baby's body. SHE is the landlady who signed a nine month lease.

When did she sign that nine month lease? Did the rape victim sign a lease? Did the woman with failed birth control sign the lease? Believe it or not Schuyler, women do fall pregnant without any prior intention. It happens. Just because she's born a women doesn't mean her rights are taken away the moment she's pregnant.

It's HER body.

SHE takes on the pain for 9 months.

SHE takes the physical toll.

SHE has a right to CHOICE. Not somebody else.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yeah I can see how DO NO HARM gets in the way of killing babies.

link   
a reply to: windword

The question was specific to the 'your opinion on 1-9 months' issue. Not the in's and out's of privacy.

link   

Can you describe the circumstances that would encourage a physician to provide a late term abortion?

EDIT: Actually, I'm sure there is no shortage of highly disturbed sadistic types out there who love chopping up dead baby fetuses. It's kind of like how many would-be serial killers join the military and pray for wars.

That's not what I asked you. I'll rephrase.

What is "late term"?

Can you describe a circumstance in which a moral and competent physician would recommend a legal late term abortion to a pregnant woman?

Why would one? Are physicians also therapists and / or social workers too? Or are you trying to turn is into an issue of medical reasons? If that's your game, how about we also debate the merits of the Hippocratic Oath while we're at it?

I asked you what circumstances would require a competent doctor to advise a late term abortion. You have no answer. I have no desire to indulge or enable your blissful ignorant rage.

Educate yourself and Deny Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

YOUR thinking.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

She was suggesting that society should have no say in rather or not a 9 month old is terminated.

That's not what I got. I specifically heard "none of YOUR business". Society has already made a statement on Abortion, and in the USA Roe V Wade is the accepted law of the land in that regard.

Roe V Wade addresses privacy, as in "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS".

Ok fine. Two points then.

You will be willing to accept bny court ruling on this issue then? As I asked Annee, if Trumps picks overrule Roe v Wade, you will tell people that the law is abortions are illegal because society has spoke on it.

The second point is I would ask Annee if she can right here say she would be against allowing a mother to terminate a 9 month old for non life threatening reasons, even if it was legal?

If what you are saying here windword is the correct interpretation, she will have no problem doing this, and it will clear up the misconception.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

YOUR thinking.

Obviously.

My mother decided to have me and not kill me out of inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
It's HER body.

SHE takes on the pain for 9 months.

SHE takes the physical toll.

SHE has a right to CHOICE. Not somebody else.

So I take it we also have SG as a YEA in this topic of 'let them kill newborns'.

In a society obsessed with young supple skin, gawd forbid any young ladies get stretch marks from child bearing.

link   

Not your business.

That is disgusting.

NO

So which is it?

then if the Trumps supreme court decide that its illegal for women to have an abortion, you will be totally ok with it, right?

YOU are the one who has an issue with it.

I don't.

I had an abortion - - and have zero regrets.

Do I think a woman should have full right to her body and decisions related to it? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I think her body should be legislated? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see windword? That statement to me implies she is saying there should be NO law regulating a womans right to chose.

In other words, if the woman choses at 9 months to terminate the baby for any reason, the woman should be allowed to make that choice.

Annee do you disagree with laws that say a woman can't abort a nine months? Can you clarify this for windword and me?

link   

a reply to: windword

The question was specific to the 'your opinion on 1-9 months' issue. Not the in's and out's of privacy.

Roe V Wade has your answer and is my answer.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The second point is I would ask Annee if she can right here say she would be against allowing a mother to terminate a 9 month old for non life threatening reasons, even if it was legal?

No one should have the right to legislate a woman's body or her choice to abort. Period!

Good enough for you?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Annee do you disagree with laws that say a woman can't abort a nine months? Can you clarify this for windword and me?

Not your business.

link   

No one should have the right to legislate a woman's body or her choice to abort. Period!

Good enough for you?

Thanks!

Ok windword, Annee feels she has the right to abort a 9 month term baby, exactly as I had characterized it in my initial post.

I again state, this is one of the most evil, vile disgusting comments I have ever heard.

Now that she has clarified this for you windword, are you ready to denounce this?

link   

In other words, if the woman choses at 9 months to terminate the baby for any reason, the woman should be allowed to make that choice.

The law doesn't allow such a proposition, so why should I considered your ridiculous hypotheticals?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join