It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Perfectly Explains the Hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" Argument

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Annee

The second point is I would ask Annee if she can right here say she would be against allowing a mother to terminate a 9 month old for non life threatening reasons, even if it was legal?

No one should have the right to legislate a woman's body or her choice to abort. Period!

Good enough for you?

Thanks!

Ok windword, Annee feels she has the right to abort a 9 month term baby, exactly as I had characterized it in my initial post.

I again state, this is one of the most evil, vile disgusting comments I have ever heard.

Now that she has clarified this for you windword, are you ready to denounce this?

Evil? Evil is a religious word.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The second point is I would ask Annee if she can right here say she would be against allowing a mother to terminate a 9 month old for non life threatening reasons, even if it was legal?

No one should have the right to legislate a woman's body or her choice to abort. Period!

Good enough for you?

Actually, I'll humor this idea. If they want to go that route, it needs to be balanced. Everyone should be registered as pro-life or pro-choice. That way, every time an unwanted baby is born instead of aborted many months earlier, it can be immediately placed in the welcoming care of said pro-lifers to be adequately cared for. This should repeat ad nauseam until there are no children waiting to be adopted, and that includes the teenagers.

Edit: Wasn't finished, dammit.

If they don't like that, tough s#. If they want to control reproduction, they should have to bear the burden of it.
edit on 2/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Annee do you disagree with laws that say a woman can't abort a nine months? Can you clarify this for windword and me?

Not your business.

Some of the comments I have read on ats lately have disturbed me.

Its not just that annee here is saying she and all women should have the right to abort the fetus at any time for any reason, but its that so many people are starring her post, or deflecting for her.

I am stunned.

I am pleading that rational people, rather they be pro life or pro choice can condemn this statement.

How can we have a rational discussion with this mindset?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Good enough for you?

Actually, I'll humor this idea. If they want to go that route, it needs to be balanced. Everyone should be registered as pro-life or pro-choice.

That way, every time an unwanted baby is born instead of aborted many moths earlier, it can be immediately placed in the welcoming care of said pro-lifers to be adequately cared for. This should repeat ad nauseam until there are no children waiting to be adopted, and that includes the teenagers.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. Anyone who harms a child should be severely dealt with.

But, I would never send a child of mine out to a "potluck" life. I could never sign a baby of mine over for adoption.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grambler

In other words, if the woman choses at 9 months to terminate the baby for any reason, the woman should be allowed to make that choice.

The law doesn't allow such a proposition, so why should I considered your ridiculous hypotheticals?

Garbage!

Absolute ridiculous deflection!!!!

Annee is against those laws!

Its not hypotehtical!

Are you willing to say her wanting these laws to be removed, and that women should be able to abort 9 month term babies is a disgusting statement that should be rejected outright?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Good enough for you?

Thanks!

Ok windword, Annee feels she has the right to abort a 9 month term baby, exactly as I had characterized it in my initial post.

I again state, this is one of the most evil, vile disgusting comments I have ever heard.

Now that she has clarified this for you windword, are you ready to denounce this?

Even in times of hearing extremely dangerous disgusting ideologies, I will try my best not to make personal attacks.

So I am not saying you are evil, I am saying your opinion on this issue is.

Regardless of the orgin of the word, it describes your opinion on this issue more than in just about any case I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Good enough for you?

Actually, I'll humor this idea. If they want to go that route, it needs to be balanced. Everyone should be registered as pro-life or pro-choice.

That way, every time an unwanted baby is born instead of aborted many moths earlier, it can be immediately placed in the welcoming care of said pro-lifers to be adequately cared for. This should repeat ad nauseam until there are no children waiting to be adopted, and that includes the teenagers.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. Anyone who harms a child should be severely dealt with.

But, I would never send a child of mine out to a "potluck" life. I could never sign a baby of mine over for adoption.

I know many who feel the same, it's not a serious suggestion. I was being facetious to a point, since broad, controlling overreach seems to be the theme of the thread today

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In over 10 years I can't recall a single time I've ever clicked on one of these debates. Moral Emotional Wedge Issues are generally pointless exercises. But recently I happened to click one of these talking about some new change. And then I finally actually thought about it for the 'first time' enough to develop a curiousity about this 1-9 months thing. And here we are.

I didn't actually expect that 'choking to death' 'newborn babies' would actually become a position. But this experience will surely shape my projections for the far left liberal mindset moving forward.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Good enough for you?

Thanks!

So is muslim, and they don't like Abortion either.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Rather someone agrees with the morality is irrelevant, in the end a woman should be able to do whatever she pleases with her body.

Morals are like my cock, it's okay to have it; it becomes a problem if I decided I wanted to go around and shove it down others people's throat.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You want to pit me against Annie by putting hypothetical words in her mouth.

If a 9 month old fetus dies in the womb, an abortion should be performed. If a woman goes into heart failure, septic shock, kidney failure or stroke, for example, because her non-viable fetus is in, and is causing her, distress, then an abortion should be performed.

No doctor would perform an abortion at 9 months because the woman lost her job or broke up with her baby daddy!
edit on 4-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Annee do you disagree with laws that say a woman can't abort a nine months? Can you clarify this for windword and me?

Not your business.

Some of the comments I have read on ats lately have disturbed me.

Its not just that annee here is saying she and all women should have the right to abort the fetus at any time for any reason, but its that so many people are starring her post, or deflecting for her.

I am stunned.

People have beliefs. Here's mine:

I believe everything is energy, that energy consciousness (soul) is eternal, but physical is a manifestation. That you enter physical realms like it's a virtual reality game. The reason behind a decision is more important then the decision itself.

Abortion can be one of the most unselfish decisions you ever make.

Any idiot can reproduce and plenty do without any thought or plan to the care and welfare of the result.

----------------------------------------------------

I consider the health of the soul more valuable then a physical body.

But, once that body takes its first breath - - - the energy consciousness enters it and becomes part of it. Not before. If the physical is terminated - - - it has no affect on the eternal energy consciousness. That eternal consciousness simply moves on to a new host.

Now, are you going to tell me my belief is wrong?

I do not believe in a God.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Abortion is allowable in Islam.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Which interpretation of it ?

Certainly not that sect that hates gays and thinks women are property.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Even if there was much to that statement, it wouldn't mean that abortion can't be one of the most selfish decisions you could ever make. So why you keep repeating that is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You want to pit me against Annie by putting hypothetical words in her mouth.

If a 9 month old fetus dies in the womb, an abortion should be performed. If a woman goes into heart failure, septic shock, kidney failure or stroke, for example, because her non-viable fetus is in, and is causing her, distress, then an abortion should be performed.

No doctor would perform an abortion at 9 months because the woman lost her job or broke up with her baby daddy!

Exactly!

But, I still do not support anyone has the right to legislate a woman's body, reproductive system, etc.

If she waits 9 months before she wants to terminate - - - no ethical medical professional will accommodate her.

The ethic law stands with the medical professional. Not the woman.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Even if there was much to that statement, it wouldn't mean that abortion can't be one of the most selfish decisions you could ever make. So why you keep repeating that is beyond me.

Give me ONE unselfish reason to bring a child into this world.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You could probably bet that if some lawmakers daughter or wife got raped and pregnant that would be OK to have an abortion.

link   

In over 10 years I can't recall a single time I've ever clicked on one of these debates. Moral Emotional Wedge Issues are generally pointless exercises. But recently I happened to click one of these talking about some new change. And then I finally actually thought about it for the 'first time' enough to develop a curiousity about this 1-9 months thing. And here we are.

I didn't actually expect that 'choking to death' 'newborn babies' would actually become a position. But this experience will surely shape my projections for the far left liberal mindset moving forward.

I am absolutely fuming right now. If nbithing else, this has been a good excercise in reminding myself to be not engage in personal attacs no matter how heinous an argument is.

I too am with you, I never click on these threads. I understand that abortion is a very complicated isssue, and is got a lot of gray area.

And I firmly believe that most people have well intended opinions. So I never delved into it that much.

But I can't believe what I am reading.

And the fact that its not just one person!!! All the people starring that claim, agreeing with it, or doing mental gymnastic not to condemn it is just as bad.

I don't not what to say. I am honestly shaken that this can be an opinion with a good degree of support.

I guess I am thankful that hopefully these people will never get control of the legal system and make the murder of nine month term babies legal.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Which interpretation of it ?

Certainly not that sect that hates gays and thinks women are property.

No worries. Women are still under their control

The basic rule is that abortion is not permitted even at this stage, except under two conditions:

·         When there is a possibility of harm to the mother and the doctors consider the harm to be great (to the mother).
·         If the foetus is illegitimate and its presence will be a source great difficulty in the society, due to which there will be spoiling of society.

There are specified fiscal penalties (diyyat) to be paid for killing or aborting a fetus. This has to be paid even if the abortion is permitted as above, under Islamic law. The amount is as under
Diyyat for nutfa – 20 dinar   ,  Diyyat for alaqa – 40 dinar   , Diyyat for musgha – 60 dinar
Diyyat If bones of the foetus have formed – 80 dinar  Diyyat if flesh has been formed- 100 Dinar
Diyyat if soul as entered the male foetus – 1000 Dinar, female foetus – 500 Dinar
3.5g of gold = 1 dinar

www.islamic-laws.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join