It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have seen some MSM coverage of this today. And its as I thought.

All of them, even Fox News, starts off like this.

"It started off as a peaceful protest of 1500 people, and then violent people showed up". This is garbage. It makes it seem like the students are innocent.

They are not. Many of them not only engaged in violence, but they definitely helped block streets so that looting could happen, and cheered it on.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

His point was - the media talk and talk without listening to what is really going on. They make up their own news and distort facts. And he said "for a while". Not forever.

We all know what his point was Kellyanne - no need to repackage it for public consumption

He said the press needs to shut up - and listen? That's not the purpose of a free press Blue. Not even close

President Trump on Friday lambasted the news media as the “opposition party,” echoing the words of his chief counselor Stephen Bannon.

This is your President - and his closest advisor speaking

Also - do you regularly call someone a liar when you don't feel like you can just be polite and have an intelligent back and forth? It says a lot about you

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Grambler
By the way, in case anyone is wondering...

1 person was arrested.

So when this happens again and again and again, we know why. These rioters know that there is no consequence to their actions. Well as long as they attack conservatives. Any riot against liberals I am sure would be denounced aas fascists and racists and be shouted down in the highest degree by the MSM and leftists officials.

When I was a Republican (for about 40 years) - - they laughed at the Left because the Left wouldn't fight back.

When the Left started fighting back - - the Right was horrified. How can they do that? They have no right to fight back.

I, personally, am very much against destruction, especially destruction of other people's property.

But, this is what can and does happen when you push too far.

What an ignorant and totally invalid comment. "this is what can and does happen when you push too far". This is what criminals do when they aren't happy with a legal and constitutional right is being exorcised.

Each and every one of them should be arrested, some should have been shot and the college should be defunded for promoting the intolerant views that caused this riot.
edit on 2/2/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I thought a world without government was supposed to be a kumbaya utopia where everyone would love each other and no police or military were needed?

This confuses me too. I would think true anarchists would be considered the very extreme right, yet somehow they are bottom-rung leftists. How does that work? Ante?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The press is biased and lies to further their agenda.
There is no way to deny that.
The media looks foolish because they are finally being called out for it.

Bannon was trying to tell them to wake up and bring back professional journalism.

If the media would pay attention to what Bannon, Trump and others are saying, instead of picking a few words and forcing some other meaning, the result would be more realistic.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: rickymouse

MLK spoke to fight racism.

Milo speaks to fight retardation.

Milo most definitely has the right to speak there. If a public university lets one political club have guest they have to let all because a school is federally funeded. title ix.

It was how I got the luxury of seeing Tom Woods for free at michigan state university, College libertarians filed something that made msu have to fund the speakers cost.

The fact berkely college republicans had to pay for security is super screwed up. The protesters should be paying for that.

If these assaults, vandalism, and blocking traffic continues(which it will) We will pry see large conservative counter protest about 6 months from now, who will be heavily armed.

Trump supporters have shown amazing restraint in the amount of times they have been assaulted without retaliating.

Trump actually backed Milo's right to freedom of speech in this issue, threatening to cut federal funding if they don't do something about the protestors. But then again, I read this on social media from a MSM source so it has to be true.

I don't personally agree that this speaker was a good choice but that is my opinion. I do not agree with the protestors at all especially when they started to throw things, they should be arrested and sentenced to treatment. There is no reason to start violence because of this, these protestors were breaking our laws and also were terrorizing some of the people there. That should mean jail time, They let them get away with it somewhere else and people think their cause also qualifies for violence. No protest should contain violence.
edit on 2-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

When are those of you who adhere to the Progressive doctrine going to shout out against this type of behavior? Grant you, you made this post, but don't you think it is a little too late? 

So...you call for people to speak out against the rioters in a thread that was created for that very purpose. Then you tell OP, the person stepping up and doing precisely what you're calling for, that it's too late.

Why complain about something needing to be done, yet in the same breath dismiss the effort being made by OP? Can you not see how this contributes to perpetuating the cycle?

It's like holding something out for someone to take and then slapping their hand when they reach for it. Do it enough, and they'll simply stop reaching for fear of being slapped yet again for their trouble. Damned if you do, damned if you don't is the message you're sending with statements like these.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The press is biased and lies to further their agenda.
There is no way to deny that.
The media looks foolish because they are finally being called out for it.

Bannon was trying to tell them to wake up and bring back professional journalism.

If the media would pay attention to what Bannon, Trump and others are saying, instead of picking a few words and forcing some other meaning, the result would be more realistic.

Not to minimalize your well-crafted post...but even if this man had been there to preach the benefits of the holocaust, the need to re-enslave African-Americans and take away a women's right to vote...the level of violence, hate and anger...the depth of destruction, damage and injury...and the contempt, corruption (paid groups) and anarchy deserves a different and separate response. THIS IS TERRORISM! This is terrorism against free speech...these are terror tactics to destroy and harm Americans and American infrastructure and this is RADICAL LIBERAL TERRORISM!

Those are my words...RADICAL LIBERAL TERRORISM!

rad·i·cal
ˈradək(ə)l/
noun
1. a person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform; a member of a political party or part of a party pursuing such aims.
synonyms: revolutionary, progressive, reformer, revisionist; More

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/Submit
adjective
1. open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm
noun
1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

These traitors to America deserve the to be arrested, tried and a bullet to the head! These are the American equivalent of ISIS in the Middle East. A violent group willing to destroy and do harm to citizens with the goal of changing the political environment at the detriment of 1/2 of the American people. These individuals should be CLASSIFIED AS A TERRORIST GROUP (read the definition above) and treated as harshly as ISIS.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You know what? Sure those people are there, but we don't legitimize them and hold them up or praise their bad actions.

If anyone has tried to legitimize the white supremacists, it has been the mational press who has been double time tryiing to make them a national movement widely embraced by Trump and everyone who supports him to make them a bigger phenomena than they really are.

I didn't even know who Spencer was until he was brought up and they tried to link him to people and groups I do know and respect. Hard to believe it when you know the others involved and still have never heard of the one.

But these people ... they are splashed all over the press and called simply peaceful protestors oveer and over again an one calls them out for who and what they really are and since they get legitimate billing at left wing protests, they start to act out and no one calls them on it. Now you are starting to own it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sorry Blue. You think everyone is lying

It's not rational, and as far as you and I here at ATS go? There's no need for me to try and have a conversation with you

Again - you feel the need to parse his words for us? We get it. Breitbart is honest and professional - everyone else is lying

Sell your BS to someone else

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have seen some MSM coverage of this today. And its as I thought.

All of them, even Fox News, starts off like this.

"It started off as a peaceful protest of 1500 people, and then violent people showed up". This is garbage. It makes it seem like the students are innocent.

They are not. Many of them not only engaged in violence, but they definitely helped block streets so that looting could happen, and cheered it on.

It is by design. A few days ago, everyone's chonés were in a twist because a handful of journalists were arrested along with a horde of rioters...and they had a legit reason to be there; they were doing their jobs. Yet no one seems to question a bunch of students who were there right alongside these particular violent protestors. They weren't lumped all together and why? Because this drama serves a different purpose than the other one.

They are simply playing more reindeer games. Keeping the pot stirred.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is the second time you have accused me of calling people liars.
I called the media liars.
I never called you a liar.

Please calm down

You are getting a little upset just because others do not agree with you.

edit on 2/2/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Please calm down

Please be honest - your own self

Trump did not tell them to shut up. Lying is also not freedom of speech.

You are getting a little upset just because others do not agree with you.

I live for people to disagree with me. I am only here for the discussion. But - it needs to not be cowardly, condescending or dishonest. Rough and disagreeable doesn't bother me

But, I get that some folks can't do that. You let me know when you can

edit on 2/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Just out of surgery. Skin Cancer.

Yes! Heard on my car radio this is an organized group that has shown up at other protests.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

These traitors to America deserve the to be arrested, tried and a bullet to the head!

They deserve to be tried and if found guilty of crimes - punished for those crimes

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Some of them should have been shot? The school should be defunded? And you said HER comment was "ignorant and totally invalid."

Is there anyone in the hospital today as a result of last night's campus riot? No? Then why should somebody have been shot? And understand that when cops shoot, they don't shoot to wound. What you're actually saying is that some of the people should have been executed in the street.

As wrong as their behavior might have been, what you suggest is even worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Those are my words...RADICAL LIBERAL TERRORISM!

These traitors to America deserve the to be arrested, tried and a bullet to the head!

Yep, you've gone completely off the deep end.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Also, people should stop equating these wastes of space with liberals. They hate liberals just as much as they hate conservatives.

Um NO!
Sorry but guilt by association applies on this one.
These "wastes of space" are products of a leftist liberal ideology.
Your ideology...
You choosing to jump in the same pool with these turds now you want out?
Haha funny!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They're not anarchists and I would certainly not associate myself with them or their behaviour.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just out of surgery. Skin Cancer.

Yes! Heard on my car radio this is an organized group that has shown up at other protests.

Innocent students would have stopped the infiltration and would not have aided and abetted. Instead, they stood back and let it all happen and cheered because it helped them achieve their end of shutting down the speaker they didn't want to let anyone else hear.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join