It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's the reality, folks. We have reached a cusp of discontent. People have grown so suspicious, so discontent with the current state of affairs, I personally don't think it matters who holds office or what is done, there are going to be those who aren't going to be satisfied.
There are several factors that play into this.
A) Decades of political lies, deceit, corruption and abuse.
B) The lack of action before situations become untenable.
C) Information age.
The last factor is arguably the most important.Twenty or thirty years ago, elected officials could do any and everything they pleased and no one was any the wiser. There wasn't any Independent oversight to speak of. This, with the information age, is no longer the case.
I don't see any end to this sort of event in the near future.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Here's the reality, folks. We have reached a cusp of discontent. People have grown so suspicious, so discontent with the current state of affairs, I personally don't think it matters who holds office or what is done, there are going to be those who aren't going to be satisfied.
There are several factors that play into this.
A) Decades of political lies, deceit, corruption and abuse.
B) The lack of action before situations become untenable.
C) Information age.
The last factor is arguably the most important.Twenty or thirty years ago, elected officials could do any and everything they pleased and no one was any the wiser. There wasn't any Independent oversight to speak of. This, with the information age, is no longer the case.
I don't see any end to this sort of event in the near future.

Good analysis...Thoughtful.
But, the BEST way to end these events is to have Soros stop paying these mercenary thugs.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: khnum

originally posted by: khnum

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: diggindirt

Then maybe the left / liberals should come out and condemn their actions instead of using it to go after Trump.

Ahhh but you see CNN just explained it all you see the Berkely protestors are actually Right wingers PRETENDING to be liberals....betcha didn't know that.

Did they?

Got linky?

here you go

CNN is not saying that.

They are interviewing ROBERT B. REICH, Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley and Senior Fellow at the Blum Center for Developing Economies

Robert Reich is the one saying that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Further more, no one knows for sure who was part of the "blac bloc".

For all we know Milo could have arranged it himself. Not something I'd put past him.

It’s called “black bloc,” and it’s a tactic — sometimes mistaken for an organization or a movement — that protesters have long used to give themselves anonymity at demonstrations, to achieve both violent and nonviolent ends. “By putting on our masks we reveal our unity; and by raising our voices in the street together, we speak our anger at the facelessness of power,” reads a popular anarchist credo that was printed on the inside of masks distributed at a violent anti-capitalist protest in London in 1999. www.washingtonpost.com... ey/?utm_term=.146901b735b3

So even worse. A berkely official blames people censoring a conservative speaker on right wingers. Absolutely insane.

And now you say that maybe Milo did this? Do you really believe that? Your better than that Annee!

Perhaps you also believe Dylan Roof was a plant by the black people at the church to garner sympathy for them. Can you imagine if someone would have went on CNN and said that? Yet when its conservatives being attacked and censored, its alright to victim blame them.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We aren't allowed to slut shame, but we sure can conservative blame! Because as we all know, those conservatives are dirty evil people, likely subhuman, too

And I have a story to tell you about all those tricks they used to play on us to make it seem like they were being victimized and kept from speaking ...

And it wasn't long after that when we rose up and enacted the Final Solution. Good riddance though. The world is much better off without those dirty, subhuman conservatives. I heard they eat liberal babies under the full moon and stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And now you say that maybe Milo did this? Do you really believe that?

That is not what I said.

I did say it wouldn't surprise me if he did set it up. (for all we know Milo could have arranged it himself)

Are you seriously going to tell me in Milo's mindset - - he wouldn't if he felt like doing it? Does he have any boundaries?

edit on 3-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

I did say it wouldn't surprise me if he did set it up. (for all we know Milo could have arranged it himself)

Are you seriously going to tell me in Milo's mindset - - he wouldn't if he felt like doing it? Does he have any boundaries?

Yes he has boundaries! How can you assume he doesn't?

For example, I have never once seen him endorse any sort of violence or censorship. Can you show me an example of where he did this?
edit on 3-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: JAY1980

These people exhibiting the bad behavior are as far from liberals as one can get.
These are criminals who love to make trouble for everyone. Most likely a goodly percentage of the troublemakers are being paid to do so.

So you are saying that they would have done the same thing if perhaps Nancy Pelosi was scheduled to speak as long as they were being paid? Ask yourself, were they paid to advance anarchy or to silence a conservative?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. The provocateurs are just that---there to cause dissension and destruction. If someone paid them to break windows and set fires at a Pelosi speech they'd have been glad to do it. The difference being that the right wing usually spends their money buying politicians rather than people to cause destruction to people and property.
If you've ever been involved with any sort of major protests, you'd know the truth of the matter. There are a number of people out there who make their living from appearing at and "organizing" protests. I know this because I've had to run some of them off because they were looking to incite violence.
BTW: After one of these guys had been asked to leave and not come back to protest organizing meeting, we found out he was actually an FBI infiltrator. One clue to watch for: Normal people are not eager to give up days and days of their lives for any cause. They might be driven to such measures but they're not eager.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

and in either situation Nancy Pelosi would not condemn them for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

For example, I have never once seen him endorse any sort of violence or censorship. Can you show me an example of where he did this?

I find that dishonest.

Milo is a button pusher. Milo intentionally pushes to insight emotional backlash.

Then claims his innocence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

I find that dishonest.

Milo is a button pusher. Milo intentionally pushes to insight emotional backlash.

So to translate you...

You can't find any examples of him advocating violence or censorship.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Dont forget the left is the protector of freedom of speech... unless that speech is something they disagree with at which point you are a button pusher.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

I find that dishonest.

So to translate you...

Still dishonest.

You poke a bear with a stick - - then blame the bear? I don't think so.

And NO, I am not Left.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
although I love free speech and would never protest one of his speeches...he's a clueless jerk. LOL I'm not sure why anyone would go to see him anyways? It's like eating a couple of Twinkies when they're steak and Lobster that you could choose.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

I find that dishonest.

So to translate you...

Still dishonest.

You poke a bear with a stick - - then blame the bear? I don't think so.

And NO, I am not Left.

Again this is absolute garbage. You have no grounds to assume a person that has never called for violence or censorship (and in fact spends all of his time arguing against that) elaborately convinced thousands of students and anarchists groups to stage a fake protest of him, including property destruction and the beating of his own supporters, to gin up support of him.

So provocative people like say Micheal Moore or Bill Maher or Lena Duhnam or Michael Dyson or any other number of leftists provocateurs, you are saying we must assume they would stage violence of the beating of their own supporters just to gin up support for themselves? They poke the bear, so you assume the worst about them, right?

Did Gavin McCinnes last night stage the violent protests against him too? How about Ben Shapiro? How about when Condeleeza Rice had to back out of speaking because of protestors?

And again, you keep discussing how Milo is poking the bear by outraging women or other leftists,

but you ignore the fact that there are not only tons of speakers that call men and white people worthless and evil, but there are also classes and majors to that effect.

Why do you not criticize all of these anti whiteness or anti men classes and lecturers as poking the bear? And how come that even those these groups are poked far more often in far more institutionalized ways on campus, you can't show me one incident of men or white people marching to censor a speaker against them, let alone rioting?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The anarchists in black who intentionally destroy property (Bannon BTW fancies himself an anarchist of govt) need to be held accountable. What I find disturbing for America was Trump's impulsive tweet right after, "If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?" This is so Nixonian, wanting to use govt power to take away from citizens not involved. No investigation, just threat of action. An American Reichstag would be easy with a Trump.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

For once I will agree with you. . I am glad you recognize this, it is one step closer to understanding one another points of views.

The Left is getting out of hand and this is not who we are as Americans, no matter right or left. This is the main reason i remained centered because both sides have their problems.

But when will you realize we are all being played by a very few corrupt elites? They are the root of the problem and trust me, even Trump is simply a puppet for the puppet masters, but the right will find that out the hard way.

YOU have the power to speak out against violence. YOU can make a difference and put a stop to this. If it is love you wish to bring to the world then preach love and lead by example. Actions, not words goes a long way.

Edit:
The Video below expands more on this topic.

edit on rd2017000000Fridayrd000000Fri, 03 Feb 2017 16:21:08 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 16:21:08 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

The school canceled the speech because they wouldnt not stand up to the ctrl-left anarchists. Why should they keep their federal funds if they cant respect freedom of speech?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is her problem. Nothing to be done about that. Teaching old dogs ya know? People of character will always defend free speech and condemn violence. That's what the OP was doing.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
The anarchists in black who intentionally destroy property (Bannon BTW fancies himself an anarchist of govt) need to be held accountable. What I find disturbing for America was Trump's impulsive tweet right after, "If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?" This is so Nixonian, wanting to use govt power to take away from citizens not involved. No investigation, just threat of action. An American Reichstag would be easy with a Trump.

Berkeley has Republican/conservative students.

There have been Republican/conservative speakers at Berkeley with no issues.

Milo has an agenda. He is an antagonist. He's like the guy who yells fire in a crowded theater just to get a reaction.

Is it really free speech? Or is his intent to push buttons and cause a backlash?

I have ZERO sympathy for Milo.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

As many of these jackholes would identify as Democrats I can safely say, without hope of contradiction, they in no way, shape, fashion, or form, speak for me. I'm speaking as a registered Democrat, one with decidedly centrist and right swinging tendencies. Here, I'll say it again so you can't miss it.

These useless idiots speak for no one but themselves...and that, poorly.

That what you're looking for? ...and if you can't find other condemning it...?

Then you've not been looking hard enough. People like myself, and others, have been condemning this sort of stupidity for years, decades in my case.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join