It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: TheBulk

To be fair, Milo does refer to himself as a troll. He's purposefully trying to elicit reactions like this.

Of course that doesn't justify what these Antifa scum did.

Also, people should stop equating these wastes of space with liberals. They hate liberals just as much as they hate conservatives.

As I predicted last night, here is the official line.

So the left are great mmoral tolerant people, and they were just minding their business and these anti-leftists anarchists came in and ruined their peaceful protest.

What a joke.

I watched the riot. Firstly, the damage was being cheered by darn near everyone. Secondly, these anarchists never seem to attack leftist speeches or events, only ones on the right. Even at this event, were anarchists beating leftists? Oh nope, just Trump supporters.

And not to mention I watched as people on megaphones asked the "Peaceful leftists" to block streets (which they all did) while they looted buildings. All the while the whole crowd cheered the on.

Xcalibur, perhaps you are a true leftists, and I respect that. But you are horribly misled if you don't think this riot wasn't done by progressive leftists social justice warriors.

I can post you video after video of leftists getting violent to silence speech they don't agree with on campuses and elsewhere. These aren't just a couple anarchists, this is the progressive left of academia.

This is what the people in the Democratic party who want the party to move more to the left, who want more idenity politics want. This is what happens when you have people fighting to head the DNC who are arguing who can shut up white people more.

I think instead of trying to separate this as not an act of the left, you should be calling it out in the highest degree and attempting to get your party back.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
By the way, in case anyone is wondering...

1 person was arrested.

So when this happens again and again and again, we know why. These rioters know that there is no consequence to their actions. Well as long as they attack conservatives. Any riot against liberals I am sure would be denounced aas fascists and racists and be shouted down in the highest degree by the MSM and leftists officials.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

The whole point of free speech in this country is for people to be able to express opinions that may make others uncomfortable.

What a sad day.

BTW, my political views are not in line with Milo but I do believe that he has the right to express his views

Milo is an intentional antagonist.

He's to women and supporters of women - - like having the KKK Grand Dragon at a black college. Would a black college do this? Have the KKK Grand Dragon as a speaker?

He intentionally uses sensitive women issues to push buttons and get a reaction.

Go listen to a few of his videos. He flat out says this.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now THIS is awesome!!

Trump hints that federal funding could be cut after U.C. Berkeley riot

President Trump tweeted early Thursday that if schools like University of California, Berkeley, do not allow free speech, it may cost them federal funding.

It's about time!
Our publicly funded universities should not be politicizing and educating students with an emphasis on one ideology (left).
Educational facilities should not be allowed to restrict freedom of speech.
Note - freedom of speech does NOT include intimidating others from exercising their right to freedom of speech.
I hope they do this for lower level education as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

1 person was arrested.

So when this happens again and again and again, we know why. These rioters know that there is no consequence to their actions. Well as long as they attack conservatives. Any riot against liberals I am sure would be denounced aas fascists and racists and be shouted down in the highest degree by the MSM and leftists officials.

When I was a Republican (for about 40 years) - - they laughed at the Left because the Left wouldn't fight back.

When the Left started fighting back - - the Right was horrified. How can they do that? They have no right to fight back.

I, personally, am very much against destruction, especially destruction of other people's property.

But, this is what can and does happen when you push too far.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Note - freedom of speech does NOT include intimidating others from exercising their right to freedom of speech.

Does this include when the White House tells the free press in this country it needs to shut up?

He's got no talking room

edit on 2/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Trump did not tell them to shut up.

Lying is also not freedom of speech.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Telling someone to shut up, free speech. Forcing someone to shut up, violation of NAP.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Lying is also not freedom of speech.

Are you sure about that?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The whole point of free speech in this country is for people to be able to express opinions that may make others uncomfortable.

What a sad day.

BTW, my political views are not in line with Milo but I do believe that he has the right to express his views

He's to women and supporters of women - - like having the KKK Grand Dragon at a black college. Would a black college do this? Have the KKK Grand Dragon as a speaker?

He intentionally uses sensitive women issues to push buttons and get a reaction.

Firstly Milo uses humor and exaggeration to intentionally troll, that is true. However, much of what women claim trigger them is things like him saying there is not a rape culture on colleges and disputing the stats that are used to say this. Or debunking the wage gap myths (for example, did you know with women under the age of 30 women out earn men?).

But lets just agree for the sake of argument you are right.

What should white people or men think about the fact that not only are speaker after speaker allowed on just about all campuses that talk about how evil white people are, or men are, but there are actually classes and even majors that discuss exactly this?

Where is your outrage at this? Do men and white people have to take the abuse of constantly being told how eveil they are by these institutions, but you don't think women should even have to put up with a speaker on campus that pokes fun at them?

These double standards are why the Democrats and identity politics will fail.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

1 person was arrested.

When I was a Republican (for about 40 years) - - they laughed at the Left because the Left wouldn't fight back.

When the Left started fighting back - - the Right was horrified. How can they do that? They have no right to fight back.

I, personally, am very much against destruction, especially destruction of other people's property.

But, this is what can and does happen when you push too far.

Yep, having a speaker that disagree with the left is pushing too far.

Well we learned our lesson. If you disagree with the left, you have pushed too far and as a result you may get beaten or start a riot.

Sounds like the party of tolerance to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What a sad day.

Firstly Milo uses humor and exaggeration to intentionally troll, that is true.

Yes. I've watched several of his videos. Including interviews of Milo.

However, much of what women claim trigger them is things like him saying there is not a rape culture on colleges and disputing the stats that are used to say this. Or debunking the wage gap myths (for example, did you know with women under the age of 30 women out earn men?).

I am not exonerating those who respond to him.

Wage Gap - - depends on who's report you're reading - - I live in real life. I KNOW there is a gender wage gap.

Sorry, the rest is too much thinking right now. I'm headed off to minor surgery. Later

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Trump did not tell them to shut up.

Bannon did. This is coming from the top down

Time for you to be honest here. If you actually mean to defend freedom of speech - then defend it:

Steve Bannon’s War on the Press

Where Bannon lapsed into hyperbole was in claiming that the media is the “opposition party.” During any Administration, the relationship between the White House and the press corps is somewhat adversarial. All Administrations try to spin things their way, and the media, to a lesser or greater extent, depending on the circumstances, tries to push back. But there is also a symbiosis between the two sides. The news media needs content, which the Administration provides. The Administration needs distribution, which the media provides.

If they are the opposition party? Let's just pretend for a moment that this is true... So what? People have a right to free speech. The White House is now declaring war on freedom of speech, and comes very close to calling our press an enemy of the state

Milo didn't get to speak - because the university denied him that right?

No - in fact:
Berkeley did nothing to foment the disruption of Yiannopoulos’ event and in fact coordinated the provision of space and security to the Berkeley College Republicans, who invited him. In statements Wednesday evening, campus officials condemned the night’s violence.

Be careful Blue. If you cheer on your new king - and believe he has the right to deny funding to a university when they've done nothing wrong - your right to speak freely might disappear just as easily:

Campus officials said they condemn in the strongest possible terms the violence and unlawful behavior that was on display and deeply regret that those tactics now overshadow the efforts of the majority to engage in legitimate and lawful protest against the performer’s presence at Berkeley and his perspectives.

[...] Campus officials added that they regret that the threats and unlawful actions of a few have interfered with the exercise of First Amendment rights on a campus that is proud of its history and legacy as the home of the Free Speech Movement.

In an earlier message to the Berkeley campus community, Chancellor Nicholas Dirks made it clear that while Yiannopoulos’ views, tactics and rhetoric are profoundly contrary to those of the campus, UC Berkeley is bound by the Constitution, the law and the university’s values and Principles of Community, which include the enabling of free expression across the full spectrum of opinion and perspective.

Bound by the Constitution. Some of us get that - and some of us swallow anything Fox and their POTUS might say without reading, questioning or thinking things through

edit on 2/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think far-left leaders like Bernie should denounce this ASAP. I'm not blaming Bernie, but he did call for a "revolution," and it's important to make it clear to these lugheads that he wasn't advocating physical violence.
edit on 2-2-2017 by heyguysimashill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: heyguysimashill

Meh, violence follows this Milo guys around like a cloud of dust follows Pig Pen.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well the facts disagree with you about the wage gap.

But I wish you well in your surgery!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: theantediluvian

When are those of you who adhere to the Progressive doctrine going to shout out against this type of behavior? Grant you, you made this post, but don't you think it is a little too late?

This is just how volatile your party has become! Own it or speak out against it and make damn sure the MSM doesn't portray these anarchists as peaceful protestors!

It's on the you and your party! If you don't denounce and stop it, IT will be PUT DOWN!

EDIT: Is it just me or is it just a coincidence that former head of Homeland Security is the head of this college that this is happening?

I do, and I have.... I'm a progressive. I listen to milo and read conservative sites all the time to keep an open mind.

STOP playing the divisive "all liberals are x" or "all conservatives are y" game!!
edit on 2-2-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Once again, the MSM spun that to what they want it to mean... of course.

Bannon said:
“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while”

His point was - the media talk and talk without listening to what is really going on. They make up their own news and distort facts.
And he said "for a while". Not forever.

And he is right. Maybe if they actually listened, they would understand, instead of picking out sound bytes that fit their purpose and spinning things.
They might actually sound intelligent if they actually listened before speaking.
Remember your parents teaching you that as a child?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Using a KKK instead of Hitler reference. I am impressed.

People say they want public debate, here it is, he says come here, bring it.

And this is the response. A huge temper tantrum.

It's what we all knew. We knew feminist never wanted to be rational, the fact they still pull out the 77 cents on the dollar is proof of that, which has been debunked too many times to count. They are intellectually bankrupt.
People are afraid he exposes that.

The left usually gets the high ground when the police becomes brutal. The police and conservatives have stood them, give them the high ground.

Really this idiocy has backfired. Gen Z is coming, and they are much more conservative than millenials.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The "protestors" are intentional antagonists-

At least six people were injured. Some were attacked by the agitators -- who are a part of an anarchist group known as the "Black Bloc" that has been causing problems in Oakland for years, said Dan Mogulof, UC Berkeley spokesman.

CNN

Not to mention the reports of the police just kind of standing back and letting it happen.

Milo is a political comedienne and there are a multitude of them on the left that are intentional in their agitating messages.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join