It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: RazorV66
I don't think they are getting tired of it, because there is nobody of any stature from the Left that is coming out to condemn it.

It would be neat if this guy was listened to by these fringe leftys

Not sure who it is, but the stuff he says is pretty dead on no matter what side of what fence you sit on.

Sure that speech is ok. But he fostering of identity politics helped lead to this.

I disagree..in part
I never found Obama to be pushing for identity politics much, but I did see a lot of progressives using him as a symbol to push their identity politics.
A bit like the model for that feminism poster who herself wasn't a feminist, but it was fine to use the image because it could translate. Lots used Obama simply due to skintone and being left to promote all this nonsense of white priveliege and other such stuff.

Just my view of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why does this clown get to speak for what the entire campus thinks?

How about his female student wearing a Trump hat who got punched?

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why would Berkley want this guy to speak in the first place? He sounds just about as controversial as the Far left. Maybe Berkley ought to do a little housecleaning, both of the students that did this and the one who got Milo to speak.

NO!!!!

What are you talking about!

So because this guy is hated by the left, and they then riot, he should be banned? That is asinine!

Remember how controversial the civil right leaders were, and how bigots rioted against them? Well they should have told Dr. King he was too controversial to let speak, right?

This Milo is supposedly gay and says they should stay in the closet. He calls Trump Daddy, he isn't quite all there.

Don't even dare put this guy on the same level as Dr. King. King was fighting to make it better for some people who were being unfairly treated. You can't compare king to Milo

I suppose they could try to get Manson to come give a speech.

link   
Watching those videos, I feel like beating someone.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
About 1000 people there the camera says, they are not at a busy intersection breaking windows of banks and things, while everyone cheers.

Remember though, most of these people are peaceful, they just happen to like cheering for the violence. But Berkely and the MSM will tell us how almost everyone was just a peaceful protestor.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Why would Berkley want this guy to speak in the first place? He sounds just about as controversial as the Far left. Maybe Berkley ought to do a little housecleaning, both of the students that did this and the one who got Milo to speak.

NO!!!!

What are you talking about!

So because this guy is hated by the left, and they then riot, he should be banned? That is asinine!

Remember how controversial the civil right leaders were, and how bigots rioted against them? Well they should have told Dr. King he was too controversial to let speak, right?

This Milo is supposedly gay and says they should stay in the closet. He calls Trump Daddy, he isn't quite all there.

Don't even dare put this guy on the same level as Dr. King. King was fighting to make it better for some people who were being unfairly treated. You can't compare king to Milo

I suppose they could try to get Manson to come give a speech.

Well thank goodness you are here to tell us who is worthy to be allowed to speak.

Can you give us a list so that we may beat and destroy those who you don't deem worthy?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Sounds like Chancellor Dirt has no balls. If my son went to that college, he'd be transferring out ASAP. Anything can happen in a college run by a chancellor like that.

edit on 2/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Don't the same constellation of factors that fuel youth activism, provide the soldiers for both revolutions and terrorist movements?

Indeed they do. What we ought to be looking for is who else knows this and exploits it for their purposes.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Ok so now a protestor jumped on a car and smashed out a window, and so the driver sped away apparently hurting the rioter, and the other rioters went nuts and chased the car. Because the guy in the car must be the bad guy right?

No its because he owns a car. He must be a capitalist! It's always sad how these "anarchists" never put their material goods in harm's way. 20 people converging on 1 car that wants to move away and they hurt themselves obstructing his freedom of movement.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The guy narrating this live feed says he doesn't know how many are students....the entire freaking band must be students.
Unless Soros is funding marching bands to go to the paid protests now.
These deranged punks are a disgrace to the human race.
edit on 1-2-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Millions of dollars worth of damage. No cops around.

What is the lesson that will be shown. Its ok to destroy all of this property and hurt people, the officials are too afraid to act.

This is leftists mob rule.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Where the hell are the cops?
I guess the cops in this town are totally spineless, they should be out in full riot gear mowing these dumbasses down.
Wow now they are doing the only thing I agree with....destroying Starbucks

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I guess the cops in this town are totally spineless, they should be out in full riot gear mowing these dumbasses down.

No the local democrat officials respect this peaceful protest. Berkely is their safe space, and if a conservative enters it, they have the rightb to destroy them and the town. The officials wouldn't dare stop this noble protest.

Can't you see the Trump caused the destruction of this Starbucks?

Thank god for the tolerant left!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I did add "Happening Now:" and "antifa" to the title, yes.

1. Where is the proof this was Antifa?

I've watched perhaps hundreds of hours of protests in the last year which is a story for another day but even if I didn't know from looking, an antifa group had announced it would be there. Also, Breitbart said so. Oh and I was watching it go down on Twitter but generally, you can tell by the way they dress, the signs they're holding, etc.

2. Based on the title of this thread, is it your contention that it is only anarchists protesting, or do you think that it is other people on the left also? Because the article you link has many people speaking about why they are protesting, and not one of them say because they are an anarchist.

Actually one did:

As some protesters yelled obscenities at police, others toppled a generator and light pole police had set up, spray painting “Milo” with an X through it. Then they lit it on fire. From their backpacks, the protesters hurled dozens of fireworks.

One of the black-dressed anarchists said he had been hit by nonlethal ammunition.

“The cops shot me with pepper balls,” said the 26-year-old man, who called himself Zombie. “It hurt.”

Carrying a thick black shield and wearing a milk-soaked kerchief over his face to protect against potential tear gas, Zombie said, “We’re anarchists.” Fellow protesters unfurled a banner reading, “This is war.

As to another posters comment though, are they actual dyed-in-the-wool real-deal anarchists? Eeeeeh. Like I've said, a lot of this bunch isn't really all that grounded in ideoology.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Millions of dollars worth of damage. No cops around.

What is the lesson that will be shown. Its ok to destroy all of this property and hurt people, the officials are too afraid to act.

This is leftists mob rule.

and if the cops did act the left / democrats wold accuse the cops of over reacting and police brutality.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Universities used to have their own armed R.O.T.C.

Gun control in California is particularly onerous.
Civilians are not able to defend themselves or others, and
by default the lunatics have free range because the police are overwhelmed.

Remember:
during the Rodney King Riots, the only businesses _not_ looted,
were those protected by Rooftop Koreans.

edit on 1-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

They're like the zombies on Dawn Of The Dead congregating at the local mall. Their dead brains instruct them to go back to what they know best.
edit on 2/2/2017 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Can anyone find a live feed they all seem to be cut

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

MLK spoke to fight racism.

Milo speaks to fight retardation.

Milo most definitely has the right to speak there. If a public university lets one political club have guest they have to let all because a school is federally funeded. title ix.

It was how I got the luxury of seeing Tom Woods for free at michigan state university, College libertarians filed something that made msu have to fund the speakers cost.

The fact berkely college republicans had to pay for security is super screwed up. The protesters should be paying for that.

If these assaults, vandalism, and blocking traffic continues(which it will) We will pry see large conservative counter protest about 6 months from now, who will be heavily armed.

Trump supporters have shown amazing restraint in the amount of times they have been assaulted without retaliating.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I really wish his events would stop being shut down. His new content is being slowed to a trickle. I took him seriously before the election, and I think it's doubly important to do so now.

Instead, these antifa douchebags are going to keep pushing and prodding and pouting till they get the fascist response they want.

They are shaping their own reality through stupidity. Part of me feels bad for them, then another part of me wants to go after them with a pick axe handle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join