It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: CHONGO

I disagree with that statement, because at the beginning of these religions, all of them, at the beginning they all seen to be about teaching the ignorant masses how to live moral, descent, and clean and healthy lives. Then somewhere along the way those that were in the church realized what they had and began to use it to their will, and eventually evolved into the monster that it is now.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Which God?

There are several thousand which have been created by Man over the past couple of million years.

They ALL have he exact same "powers" and/or "abilities" (none).
None of them is more real or powerful than the next.

Anyone who claims their god is more powerful than someone else's is delusional.

I could say Apollo create the universe 13 billion years ago, and it would be just as true as claiming Donald Trump did.

Anyone who says you will go to hell because you are who you are must prove it.

Provide proof that Hell even exists.

They cannot.

Such statements about "YEW WILL GO TO HELL AND BURN FOREVER IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE COMMANDMENTS OF ALMIGHTY GAWD" are just statements that mean "I AM AN IGNORANT HATE-FILLED ASSHOLE!".

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

But WE have to forgive to go to heaven? God is in control of everything. He creates each one of us in His image, although some of us are born gay. And if we practice a gay lifestyle we are damned to hell to burn and be tortured for eternity. Why can't he make it not so, if he loves us so that we are with him in heaven because that is what he wants.

Everyone is in the same boat [so to speak]. Not just gays but everyone. We must forgive those who sin against us in order to purify our souls but that is not to say that we can forgive others for their sins against the Creator or anyone else for that matter. If that were true then we would circumvent Jesus' right of judgment. So what we do when forgiving others their sin against us is only that we purify our own souls and that applies to everyone and not simply gays.

If anyone practices a gay lifestyle that one has the choice to repent and through repenting be forgiven of that sin. The blame game is not a valid excuse to continue any sin that one is aware of. Most all people in this world sin against the Creator at some point in their lives and once aware of a sin against the Creator does have the choice to repent.

God did not create you. Your mother and father procreated you and God had nothing to do with that choice. That was your mother and father's choice. The blame game is not valid and you as a victim do have the choice to correct whatever it is that is wrong in your life. Being gay is not the only sin against God by any means. Hatred without a justified cause is one sin that most all of us have or had. Backbiting is just as sinful as being gay. Adultery is probably one of the top sins of most people and is also just as bad as being gay. Walking around horny is not a valid excuse to commit fornication or adultery or rape or any other such sexual sin against the Creator. So it's not just a gay thing. It's a thing that everyone of us has or is doing today and none of us can play the blame game and be honest about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Walking around horny is not a valid excuse to commit fornication...

So what is a valid excuse to commit fornication?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

...you come on here making a thread about gays going to hell...your asked where you came up with that idea and you give me Leviticus 20 which speaks about a lot more than homosexual acts. When I call you out on that I get a smiley face. Your whole thread is based on nothing more than you reading something into Leviticus 20

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We are actually procreated via our parents, which means we are conceived in sin. Sin nature being in use gives us the free will to sin Homosexuals have the same chance as any man to be saved from Hell and that is belief through faith on Jesus Christ substitutionary death in our place an a resurrected life that guarantees we too will have everlasting life

Now homosexyaity today is allowed by God s a result of not retaining God in their hearts, inds and knowledge. Read Romans Chapter 1: 18-32

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
But know this every man no matter the severity of his sin if he will believe on Jesus Christ substitutionary death on the cross they can be saved from hell. No need to even forgive others, just faith through the grace of God on Jesus is al ne needs to be saved.

Of course afterwards the Holy Ghost will work though your to clean you up and keep you in the word of God.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The worst thing is Leviticus 20 does not even apply today to any one including a Jew, who is not living in the Kingdom of Israel. Not even Jews in Israel today believe it because there is no temple or a kingdom to make atonement and the judgment of it in its gates.

The New Testament is for all men Homosexuals and straight alike are all save by grace of God through our faith on Jesus Christ.

edit on 9-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The worst thing is Leviticus 20 does not even apply today to any one including a Jew, who is not living in the Kingdom of Israel. Not even Jews in Israel today believe it because there is no temple or a kingdom to make atonement and the judgment of it in its gates.

The New Testament is for all men Homosexuals and straight alike are all save by grace of God through our faith on Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So what is a valid excuse to commit fornication?

Depends upon which set of rules you live by and who set the rules. In this conversation the OP is talking about a God and leads me to assume he means the God of the Christ Jesus who set the rules as is written in most bibles. There is no valid excuse for any sin. Sin is sin and yes that includes me.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Depends upon which set of rules you live by and who set the rules. In this conversation the OP is talking about a God and leads me to assume he means the God of the Christ Jesus who set the rules as is written in most bibles. There is no valid excuse for any sin. Sin is sin and yes that includes me.

Where did Jesus say that lay down dancing is bad?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I seriously doubt that, anyone can be born gay

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

knowing you
just a wink would be enough

i'l get my Negligee

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What about people born to be left-handed? No one strives for their kid to be left-handed; it is not in the norm to be left-handed. Is being left-handed below the line? Is it unacceptable to be left-handed? Should we make sure to let left-handers know that they are below that line and will never be acceptable in our society?

We do! Look at all the products NOT available left-handed. But you are right. While it is such a small difference, I'm sure if you had a parent list all the things they want a child to be...right handed would likely be in there logically. You managed to pick what is probably the smallest of the smallest "deformity" possible.

Since I kinda know your position, I know where you are going. But the fact is that there is a level of what is and is not acceptable. A "satisfactory" rating kind of thing. You don't fail with a 'D' but you don't strive to get one.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

I seriously doubt that, anyone can be born gay

I don't think anyone is born gay or straight.

I think everyone is born with certain physical urges, and they "learn" to direct them to various objects.

Some societies promote heterosexuality, and so the urges are directed to the opposite sex.

Some groups promote homosexuality, and so the urges are directed to the same sex.

But, by its nature, those urges are more exciting to some when doing the "forbidden" things.

This has been true throughout the ages. Like Romeo and Juliet, some people tend to find "more" interest in each other when the social group they live in disapproves, for one reason or the other. Doing the forbidden is itself arousing, makes the heart beat faster, adds to the "forbidden pleasure."

We see this everywhere, under different situations.

That's why some people have carnal relations with animals. Bestiality is not approved behavior.

Some direct their urges to little children. Pedophilia is not "yet" approved behavior. Until psychologists prove that it's good for little children, to get early exposure to the nature of life, society will continue to disapprove of the pedophiles.

The pedophiles, of course, believe that the society is just full of bigots, and ignorant people. They point to the fact that the marrying of little children to grown adults has been tradition for millennia in other cultures, and so must be normal practice. But, today, even homosexuals will disapprove of pedophilia. The homosexuals are no less "bigoted" than the heterosexuals, when it comes to "bestiality" and "pedophilia."

Everyone promotes their own thing, to satisfy their personal urges, and their "GOD" is their urge to do so. That's what they worship.

Today, nobody wants anyone to tell them what is right and what is wrong. Whatever they personally believe to be right, everybody else must agree with.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You obviously either have no idea what you're talking about, or just think Westboro signs equate to Christianity. The preimise is that we're all sinners (yes, homosexuality is considered a sin... along with pretty much everything else). We can't help but sin. It's our nature. Why we were created with the nature to sin in a world that constantly provides temptation is a little weird. Nevermind that the only way to salvation is by accepting the person who set the whole system up as your redeemer. It's kinda like if I were to throw a sack of kittens in a lake, and only save them if they accepted me as their momma. That's whatever though. The point is that you're not going to hell for being gay, or any of the things that come with that. We're all going to hell unless we accept Christ. If you don't believe homosexuality is a sin, that's cool. Christianity probably isn't for you. None of this suggests that you or anyone else should be judged by anyone other than God. For example, do I believe homosexuality is sin? Yes. Have I also sinned yes? Therefore I attribute that behavior to your value as a hum in no way whatsoever. If you have a problem with any of that, no one cares. Get over it. You probably should care what I think either.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
Why we were created with the nature to sin in a world that constantly provides temptation is a little weird.

Sin promotes the development of intelligence.

That's why God created the ability to sin.

This is revealed in the story of Adam and Eve, when the Serpent told them that by eating the "forbidden fruit" their eyes would open and they would become "wise."

But the Serpent was devious. What he didn't tell them, is that they would "suffer" to get that knowledge and wisdom.

Knowledge and wisdom comes at a tremendous "cost".

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. -- KJV, Ecclesiastes 1:18

So, the LORD's instructions were simple. You want to be happy, follow MY laws. If you don't, you'll be miserable, but you will learn lots of things during your time of misery.

Now, you choose.

edit on 9-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

...you come on here making a thread about gays going to hell...your asked where you came up with that idea and you give me Leviticus 20 which speaks about a lot more than homosexual acts. When I call you out on that I get a smiley face. Your whole thread is based on nothing more than you reading something into Leviticus 20
correction, you asked do I want you to show me by scripture where this act is not forgiven and I replied allow me.....and here we are at this point of me and your dialogs between each other.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

the intention is continuing to be fulfilled as the responses serves as evidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

everyone is born with the propensity to desire sex. How you get it is up to you and that is where one says he likes it always he can get it, and anther ony one way. But God says it is between 1 husband (a man) and 1 wife (a woman)

edit on 9-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is no creator looking over your shoulder all day long. Unless this is a giant game of Sims it cant happen. so your god, makes sure the earth rotates properly, the moon stays in orbit, the suns rays are just right.. no asteroids hit us, the lions win a game, sally passes a test, tom the serial killer never gets caught, johnny the 4 year old sweetheart dies a horrific death. You need to realize that religion was invented a in a time when no one could explain anything. SO a big boogie man in the sky did it.

You are who you are. If a man likes other men.. Not you business
If a women likes another women NOT YOUR business. Abortion. NOT YOUR BUSINESS.

Sorry.. just a rant.. my brother in law is a religions freak and it drives me RIGHT up the wall. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join