It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

When I see getting Christians on here getting all crazy over things like 'The Gay' I always think of the below and then have a wee giggle to myself.

Monty Python never gets old

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Akragon

Like i said previously... its just religion... it makes people stupid

I might change this to read: it's just religion... it makes people stop thinking.......

stupid is as stupid does. Ya know.

Buying into religion is what people with limited capacities for independent critical thinking often do -- less often, it is bought by people so desperate for an anchor or something to hold onto that they have no other buoy....

insofar as it keeps people from homicidal rampages or equivalently antisocial behaviors, well - it's a tool. Didn't work for me, nor does it work for lots of other people. Perhaps because we have our "lower-level" needs met - and feel secure enough to explore out-of-bounds ski runs, ya know.

Some people just never trust themselves without that "sky-warden" in their heads saying "NO!" and wagging its terrible finger at them.

Actually, it's deeper than religion, the crime is packaged in religion. Religion is not what creates crazy behavior, it's used to justify it. Even in the Old Testament, the questions should not be towards what was written but instead question the meaning of the text.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

Well the OT says Gay people deserve death... along with quite a few other people that clearly don't

Im not sure how else to interpret that

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Well the OT says Gay people deserve death... along with quite a few other people that clearly don't

I checked the whole OT and couldn't find the word "gay".

In fact, the word "gay" only appears exactly once in the whole Bible, and it's in the new testament,

And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: -- KJV, James 2:3

And the bible clearly says to "respect" the "gay", and say to him "sit thou here in a good place."

That certainly doesn't seem like "death to the gay", to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

sigh...

Pardon the new terminology...

Check Leviticus 20:13

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000
But WE have to forgive to go to heaven? God is in control of everything.

99.99% of the bible is unenlightened, hateful, ignorant crap that hateful ignorant people use to justify their hateful ignorance.
All a Xtian is supposed to do is to Love, unconditionally!
That's it!
As soon as they 'judge' someone (to 'Hell', for instance, or for being gay...), they are not Xtians, according to Jesus!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Just respond back whenever you get a chance, here's the question: The God of the Holy Bible, what must his standards be based upon? That's not a bible question, it's just a down to earth question. *note* I didn't say "should" be......"must" be based upon. Your answer will reveal to you, something interesting about yourself....that's not necessarily a negative thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If someone tells you not to walk onto a busy street lest you get hit by traffic, and you don't listen and as a result get hit, is that person responsible? God doesn't send anyone to hell, people send themselves there.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Want to show me where the Bible says that having homosexual sex is an unforgivable sin?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Want to show me where the Bible says that having homosexual sex is an unforgivable sin?
Allow me: Leviticus 20:13 13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.....So what is the problem when a man or woman does?......Romans 8:13..13.For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

If someone tells you not to walk onto a busy street lest you get hit by traffic, and you don't listen and as a result get hit, is that person responsible? God doesn't send anyone to hell, people send themselves there.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

sigh...

Pardon the new terminology...

Check Leviticus 20:13

That's homosexual activity.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I think the OP' s perception of our Heavely Father has been completely misguided by the moral
majority. That said, is it politically incorrect to add
I think homosexuality is just gross?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't believe in God and yes, religion was formed by fallible people. However, while times change and therefore, views need to adapt, there are always a set of basic, base values and rules that should never change. A line to which every person strives to reach and not fall below, but hopefully rise above. That line is what is acceptable. Falling below that line is not acceptable. For example...murder may be considered unacceptable and below that line of acceptable.

I, among others believe that abortion (and I'm pro-choice) falls below that line. It doesn't make you bad or evil, but it is not something you should be proud of or consider acceptable. The same goes with "confused genders". You don't wish your son to be gay and if they are they aren't bad...but it isn't something you strive to be. Sorry...but in this example it isn't the norm and therefore isn't acceptable...it isn't on that line...it is below that line.

That, I believe is where the arguments begin. Everyone is welcome to live their lives as they wish within the law. Some people will rape the system, be lazy, take from others, etc...they live below the line. And that line can not change. But some people (usually those living below that line) wish to drop the line so they are then on or above acceptable. That can't happen. No one must accept anyone...and surely not when there are people who decide to live below that line. Again...they are not evil or even bad...but they aren't what we want the majority to strive to be.

So...while I promote living your life as you wish, while I am pro-choice and while I would never hate someone for "what they are"...just watch as the typical crowd comes out and calls me a homophobe. And when they do...take a moment...look at them and see why the arguments exist. It is because they DEMAND YOU ACCEPT THEM. They don't wish to be below that line...but they are. And that is not something anyone is required to do. In fact, it is better to only accept what is good and satisfactory...so that that is what we all strive to be.

If you drop that line lower to include people just because they WISH to be acceptable, you open the door to continue dropping that line until anything is OK...like killing, like torture, etc. Look at the recent events in Chicago with that poor boy being tortured. In that case...the line was dropped to the level that the four black kids considered what they did acceptable. Scary...huh?

edit on 1/8/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I think the OP' s perception of our Heavely Father has been completely misguided by the moral
majority. That said, is it politically incorrect to add
I think homosexuality is just gross?

the homosexuals i have met are pretty adamant that heterosexual activities are just as gross. its all a matter of perspective, really. but "i cant do that, its against my religion" is infinitely more preferable to "you cant do that, its against my religion". one is freedom of religion, the other is oppression of civil rights.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000
But WE have to forgive to go to heaven? God is in control of everything. He creates each one of us in His image, although some of us are born gay. And if we practice a gay lifestyle we are damned to hell to burn and be tortured for eternity. Why can't he make it not so, if he loves us so that we are with him in heaven because that is what he wants. So if you are gay you are condemned to a life alone to never feel love or affection to what you know as normal. A man just doesn't wake up one day and say hey I want to wear a dress and be with a man. These children are being born this way. Not the girls that play around and think it's cute, but the for real I'm in the wrong body type. What have they done to deserve this and shouldn't God being the understanding God He is be forgiving and want us to experience life at it's fullest and to be happy here on earth? So I'm born gay and if I do what I feel is right and normal and brings me happiness in this life I will burn forever? For the record, I am not gay. I would like to hear what my ATS family feels on this matter.

If it means anything coming from a linguist and a person who speaks Greek at home, anglophones Christians (and most Christians intact since 99% of bibles out there get translated the English kjv) and quite misled in that the bible doesn't really talk about gay people in the original language (well I cant speak for Hebrew but the new testament, originally Greek as well as the first translations which were to Greek). Its incredible in fact the liberties taken and the mistakes made that have everyone up in a frenzy about guys loving guys and girls loving girls when I think the bible IS CLEAR about one thing, anywhere there is love God is present and is the source. Typical mistakes are leviticus discussing WHERE to have sex not with whom and the new testament James thinking what was called "soft men" in Greek meant homosexuals when we have surviving about 14.000 instances of this word in ancient texts and the other 13,999 times it is used it refers to a JOB that dealt with the man participant who lived at an ancient temple and saved himself strictly for sex magic rituals. It is him you are not to mingle with. It is thought James saw this and didn't cross reference and thought it must be soft like a sensitive sissy gay man. Not just wrong but insulting. I think personally though that the biggest red flag IS that it only mentions sex and it was well known back then that men and women had long lasting loving same sex relations and so you would think they'd attack the relationship the love shared AND the sexual aspect if indeed loving the same sex were evil. Add the agendas of various ppl in the 20th century and there you have how it became as it is now
edit on 1/8/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

the homosexuals i have met are pretty adamant that heterosexual activities are just as gross. its all a matter of perspective, really. but "i cant do that, its against my religion" is infinitely more preferable to "you cant do that, its against my religion". one is freedom of religion, the other is oppression of civil rights.

The Bible says that, at the end of the world, there will only be males.

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be in the ending.

Before the creation of "Adam and Eve", those who created man in their own image, were all male.

We know this, because "The Sons of God, saw the Daughters of men" that they were beautiful, and took them as wives. But, that only happens "after" heterosexual humankind had been "recreated" in the image of the ELOHIM (plural). There were no "Daughers of God", only "Sons of God." They decided to "re-introduce" the female body type for the new generation of humans. This used to be a great puzzle. What happened to all the women?

Today, we can understand how that happens. Gay men have no use for women, and lesbians have no need for men.

About the only reason to have women around today, is to bare children for the next generation.

But, science is developing rapidly, and we're now able to create new forms of life, and use technology to do the things that nature used to do for us. Already, we're doing artificial insemination; we'll be able to create babies in the lab soon.

As soon as we start doing this in the laboratory, and engineering fetal development in "vats" of liquid nutrients, the female body type becomes "obsolete."

Given that the male body type has fewer "problems" than the female body type, our future humans will decide to eliminate one of the redundant genders. That's going to be the female type, with all it's PMS and menstrural problems, and weaker muscular structure, etc..

This is how the male becomes dominant. It first starts out with the LGBT movement, which changes our idea of what "gender" is, and prepares us all for the day when we have to make that critical decision about "why do we need all these redundant genders". Especially, given all the social conflicts, with restroom battles, and workplace harassment, and military prejudices, etc...that this "confusion" causes.

So, we're going to solve the problem, Donald Trump style, and "authoritarianly decree that there shall only be one", which will be the male.

So, LGBT have a spiritual purpose, to put us on the path to eventually eliminate all but the male design.

edit on 8-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

WTF....

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

In the end it will be like the beginning as in everything was wonderful and Godly, only love. Before satan tempted Eve. That's only MY understanding. I have NO clue where your reasoning comes from, wow.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What about people born to be left-handed? No one strives for their kid to be left-handed; it is not in the norm to be left-handed. Is being left-handed below the line? Is it unacceptable to be left-handed? Should we make sure to let left-handers know that they are below that line and will never be acceptable in our society?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join