It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

Again you are speaking of your personal gnoses as if they are eídein. I rebut you with my own gnoses. My Gods are many, and they expect me to own my own #. They don't care about my sexual preferences.

Perhaps you do not understand, most of the modern Christian attitude to homosexuality, is from the late Roman pagan period. Not from the Jews, of which your Messiah was. Indeed Jesus fried his adherents from the laws of the old testament, and replaced them with simpler rules. None were "don't sleep with the same gender".

Thus, you have no proof your little Jehovah gives a rats rear, about who you have sex with.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Again you are speaking of your personal gnoses as if they are eídein. I rebut you with my own gnoses. My Gods are many, and they expect me to own my own #. They don't care about my sexual preferences.

Perhaps you do not understand, most of the modern Christian attitude to homosexuality, is from the late Roman pagan period. Not from the Jews, of which your Messiah was. Indeed Jesus fried his adherents from the laws of the old testament, and replaced them with simpler rules. None were "don't sleep with the same gender".

Thus, you have no proof your little Jehovah gives a rats rear, about who you have sex with.

he didnt come to abolish the old laws, but to make them more tasteful because business was slowing down and needed a PR blast. the covenant was repackaged and rebranded, but...you know, not really? it was a superficial retcon and a really crappy one at that.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
But God says it is between 1 husband (a man) and 1 wife (a woman)

That's absolutely true. But, there's a problem that exists today, because nobody knows what is meant by man, and what is meant by woman.

Today, there's "gender confusion", and these terms no longer have a definite meaning.

Just because someone looks like a man, doesn't mean they are really male "inside" their minds.

Since we have accepted that as truth, the interpretation of the Bible is no longer clear.

Two male bodies having sex, could just as well be man and woman "inside" their minds. Just in the wrong body type.

See?

The devil has confused us all, about the meaning of the good book.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah, the bible doesn't have anything to do with being gay.

You can go ahead and just cherry pick the parts you like, that's what most people do anyway, as no sane person could look at the words in that book and submit to them 100%, and still expect to go to heaven.

At least not without being either miserable, or a terrible person in their own right.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Yeah, the bible doesn't have anything to do with being gay.

You can go ahead and just cherry pick the parts you like, that's what most people do anyway, as no sane person could look at the words in that book and submit to them 100%, and still expect to go to heaven.

At least not without being either miserable, or a terrible person in their own right.

~Tenth

the bible doesnt have anything to do with anything except why this one particular sect of society thinks you should not be a jerkface. and if you are a jerk to people over whose reasons for not being a jerkface are better, you might be a jerkface. just remember that jerks typically attract jerks...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
Religion was created to control people. Ever notice, bloody royals, church higher up all have one thing in common, they all wear funning big hats!

You know what was really created to control people? The government. I know right, what a shock?

But then, for all their talk about opposing people who try to control their lives, you won't see the majority of belligerent atheists railing against big daddy gubment. Cowards, or just idiots? Only God knows the answer to that question I suppose.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Study your bible. Parents love their kids, but have rules. God didn't make people gay, sin did.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drftr1955
Study your bible. Parents love their kids, but have rules. God didn't make people gay, sin did.

as a matter of scholarly curiosity, is this the same sin that is responsible for god creating the ultimate personification of evil and letting it run amok?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Oh I am aware
I don't beleive JC was even a real person, but ok....

The point remains, the attitude towards homosexuality is an interpretation of man, not something that can proven to be Jehovah's will.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drftr1955

In the Socratic tradition, "sin" and vice equate to ignorance and general mental deficiency. The mentally deficient sin because they're hopelessly ignorant, and vice, in turn, fosters more retardation. How about that?

Repent. All of you should repent before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yes,he does but if we don't believe we will be cast into a realm of flame and fire for eternity! Always remember though that he loves us but he needs money!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
God does not hate anyone.

Only his followers do.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Ahh a true Christian
I salute your dedication.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Right. That's why he sent his only son, Jesus. To tell man, not to have sex. Abstain. Repent. And be redeemed.

Stop eating the "forbidden fruit" in the middle of your garden.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Only his followers do.

That is all.

Leviticus says hey.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Right. That's why he sent his only son, Jesus. To tell man, not to have sex. Abstain. Repent. And be redeemed.

Stop eating the "forbidden fruit" in the middle of your garden.

hmmm... sounds like paul to me

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Only his followers do.

That is all.

Leviticus says hey.

it seems that leviticus was sort of brushed under the rug as part of the rebranding compaign i mentioned in another thread. a lot of passages and edicts were making the whole christianity thing look bad, so they used jesus like whiteout and tried to inject some political correctness without compromising their business as purveyors of salvation and whatnot. its strange how interpretation corresponds to sociopolitical trends.

edit on 9-1-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Jesus was the revolutionary. And A turning point in the Good human relationship.

He was the one whom said things like turn the other cheek and bless your enemies.

2017 odd years later many of his followers still don't get his ideology of love, tolerance and dedication to God without judging one another.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What god?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Bahahaha

If you only knew the lengths I went to make the gay go away you might rethink that most ignorant of responses. Quite simply, you just can't pray the gay away.

If God didn't take it away, he must be okay with it.

And don't go down the whole you must be chaste avenue. You try and live a life without sex and then I might be prepared to listen.

edit on 9-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join