It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

As evidence for....?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: TzarChasm

Jesus was the revolutionary. And A turning point in the Good human relationship.

He was the one whom said things like turn the other cheek and bless your enemies.

2017 odd years later many of his followers still don't get his ideology of love, tolerance and dedication to God without judging one another.

probably because the same book where jesus talks about love and tolerance prophecies an unloving, unhelpful, engineered series of brutal misfortunes that would potentially wipe out a third of the global population before god orchestrates the ultimate world war. its hard to look at that chapter and not get a little upset. but not as hard as it is getting a hold of the author who wrote it so you can demand some real answers. revolutionary is the word people use for someone who started out as an incorrigible troublemaker but ended up being useful anyway. especially if they die tragically, because thats usually when they start being useful.
edit on 9-1-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

As evidence for....?
That fundamental topics brings fundamental beliefs...my intention is not to argue what belief a person has arrived to but, why do they believe it? It seems that the way that I respond or ask questions give a bad impression and I have to get better at how I respond to get out what i'm trying to say.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Again you are speaking of your personal gnoses as if they are eídein. I rebut you with my own gnoses. My Gods are many, and they expect me to own my own #. They don't care about my sexual preferences.

Perhaps you do not understand, most of the modern Christian attitude to homosexuality, is from the late Roman pagan period. Not from the Jews, of which your Messiah was. Indeed Jesus fried his adherents from the laws of the old testament, and replaced them with simpler rules. None were "don't sleep with the same gender".

Thus, you have no proof your little Jehovah gives a rats rear, about who you have sex with.
"The correct reply: you believe that you have rebutted gnosis with gnosis, a spiritual thing is only a mystery to those whom it is "unknown" to, but I understand where you were going with that.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000

Again you are speaking of your personal gnoses as if they are eídein. I rebut you with my own gnoses. My Gods are many, and they expect me to own my own #. They don't care about my sexual preferences.

Perhaps you do not understand, most of the modern Christian attitude to homosexuality, is from the late Roman pagan period. Not from the Jews, of which your Messiah was. Indeed Jesus fried his adherents from the laws of the old testament, and replaced them with simpler rules. None were "don't sleep with the same gender".

Thus, you have no proof your little Jehovah gives a rats rear, about who you have sex with.
"The correct reply: you believe that you have rebutted gnosis with gnosis, a spiritual thing is only a mystery to those whom it is "unknown" to, but I understand where you were going with that.

by that logic, schizophrenics are actually prodigal mystics.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

by that logic, schizophrenics are actually prodigal mystics.
Lol!!!....I love that, it's humor is found if we perceive that statement in a figurative sense but unfortunately it's a diagnosed disorder that involves behaving and perceiving reality outside of what can be objectively referenced.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

There is no "correct" reply. You began a specious argument of it being a "fact" that your little deity will punish all those "perverts" with eternal damnation. You said this as if it were fact. Not a gnosis. If you can't provide facts to support this, Hitchen's Razor will be applied to the throat of the argument.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There is no "correct" reply. You began a specious argument of it being a "fact" that your little deity will punish all those "perverts" with eternal damnation. You said this as if it were fact. Not a gnosis. If you can't provide facts to support this, Hitchen's Razor will be applied to the throat of the argument.

everyone and everything dies. even gods and perverts.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I understand where you're coming from....

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I understand where you're coming from....
you have to excuse me, I'm working on communicating better with people, a lot of what I say gets taken the wrong way.....I think you should hold to your belief.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I've not taken it the wrong way. However I'm applying a hard line of debate

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Okay well, I think my point is very clear, and maybe people get upset because you don't actually address what they are saying. My position is that the idea that the Bible teaches that homosexual sex is unforgivable is misreading of the text. I asked where you pulled your information from first so as to make sure I didn't miss something. Am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Okay well, I think my point is very clear, and maybe people get upset because you don't actually address what they are saying. My position is that the idea that the Bible teaches that homosexual sex is unforgivable is misreading of the text. I asked where you pulled your information from first so as to make sure I didn't miss something. Am I wrong?

yeah, it sucks when the ultimate guide to spirituality and moral behavior is written so weirdly that the simplest of concepts become distorted and confusing and leads to 400,000 different ideas about what the book actually says. it gets even weirder when you think about how allegedly a substantial portion of the information was imparted by a supernatural entity who has never bothered to come back and clarify its contents for us hundreds of years later.

TMW the divine government makes the american government look competent.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Why is it the assumption of the OP that a God makes each and every one of us? He's like constantly at work churning out spirits and bodies?

Or did it merely set the ball in motion? Could God (it) not have a preference of outcomes?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

If you only knew the lengths I went to make the gay go away you might rethink that most ignorant of responses. Quite simply, you just can't pray the gay away.

Lots of people find it hard to quit smoking. That doesn't mean that God intended man to smoke.

Lots of people find it hard to give up heroin or crack coc aine. Again, that doesn't mean God designed man to do drugs.

Sex is just a drug.

If God didn't take it away, he must be okay with it.

Nope. God doesn't remove all temptations. The temptations are there so that you can remove them, yourself.

Yes you can.

And don't go down the whole you must be chaste avenue. You try and live a life without sex and then I might be prepared to listen.

We all have our own challenges. But, they are not the same challenges.

Many people live without sex.

There's a whole island called "Mount Athos" in Greece where only men are allowed, and the entire population of the island is celibate. Every single one. All. They come from all over the world. Women are fighting for the right to visit the island to see for themselves. But, women are not allowed to step foot on the land.

So, yeah, if they can do it, so can you.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Nope, don't believe a word you say.

How about YOU? Do YOU live without sex?

Everything else in your reply is hearsay and hyperbolic trash.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Nope, don't believe a word you say.

How about YOU? Do YOU live without sex?

Everything else in your reply is hearsay and hyperbolic trash.

What difference would my answer make?

I just pointed out something you could verify yourself, an entire island. Look it up.

An anonymous person making a claim on a forum post is no proof of anything.

I gave you good references you can actually check.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Which God, last I looked there were 6-7 major faith's, not all of them subscribe to Hell.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

i am willing to bet that mount athos is one of the top ten boring cities/countries on earth for anyone who is not a dedicated monk. and your suggestion that a person be a boring reclusive hermit rather than gay is laughable, especially when you yourself have never visited the place and never would if given a choice.
edit on 10-1-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CHONGO

The gods that control this planet are not Humanity's friend. They date back to the beginning of civilization. Dark indeed.

Gods Of Eden:

www.whale.to...
edit on 10-1-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join