It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Dinnedwiththedevil

Kali I am so sorry to be pouring my feelings out like this on your thread, I have nothing but compassion for you and it comes from my heart because your one of the only ones on here that knows. I will send you all my letters via email to prove I am no troll.

Don't be silly, you've made it to the other side of Hell. Your story can be a guiding light too.

So very true!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That was a courageous thing you wrote. Thank you and wishing you the best.

And Kali, thank you as well for being you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Kali I am so sorry to be pouring my feelings out like this on your thread, I have nothing but compassion for you and it comes from my heart because your one of the only ones on here that knows. I will send you all my letters via email to prove I am no troll.

Don't be silly, you've made it to the other side of Hell. Your story can be a guiding light too.

So very true!

I still feel I jacked Kalis thread a little and I know how these things can come across on forums, I am quite mindful even if almost anon. I thibk she is one brave gal and it was easy to write from the heart on this particular thread. It really resonated with me.

Thanks so much for your kind comments

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
That was a courageous thing you wrote. Thank you and wishing you the best.

And Kali, thank you as well for being you.

Thank you for making me feel welcome and for the reassurance.

This is a painful thread to read and it brings back many memories both good and bad.

The OP deserves immense credit for baring her soul like she has. Can not of been easy on a site like this where she had gotten a good reputation amongst piers and foes alike.

It brings all the nonsense into perspective and grounds people, for that I truly thank her.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

True to my word been a week without a cig but this thing is killing my throat even worse! Arghh...
I guess I just have to get used to it, it's easy to take a giant bong like hit even on the lower settings.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm really sad to hear that.. I hope you get better asap! If you ever feel like giving up and smoking again please consider Snus tobacco! It is a much safer alternative to smoking and is actually really enjoyable! I quit smoking straight on the head with it. I also have a workmate who did the same after I introduced him to it, and another who is going through chemo for bladder cancer and he seems to be taking a shine to it and may end up quitting smoking through it!

I will be praying for you and I also wrote this thread in response to all the threads where people are sick.

If you ever want to talk, or for me to pray for you regarding something specific, feel free to drop me a PM!

God bless!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

godbless you xx

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

Congrats! Try to get off putting anything in your lungs though, I know it's ridiculously hard. Try a patch and anti-anxiety meds if you can take those and spend lots of time in places you can't smoke. Good luck! You can do it!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Though I don't know you it doesn't matter does it? Best wishes friend, my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm already on anti-anxiety meds
That is the goal though I should of just done the gum again but whatever this a heck of a lot healthier then smoking. It should also make the transition much smoother to not have anything, I've never tried the patch I'll have to look into it. Thanks best of wishes and prayers for your full recovery.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Good luck! I feel for you! Stay positive!

PS: Have you looked into medical cannabis?
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

For OP, really sad to hear - but fight is on.

Here is one thread at ATS on Mebendazole ATS on Mebendazole

There is in that thread rather inspiring reference to use for lung cancer as well Mebendazole for lung cancer (among others)

This thing may be sometimes harder to catch in US, in which case, try from UK, including on-lines.
edit on 7-1-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey Kali,

Just wondering how you are getting on?

I have to admit one thing in my fight against Chemo and that was CBD (Derived from Marijuana) I got plenty of oils due to my close circle being big advocates of the Plant of renown! I must say I found it incredibly helpful when I was at my most nauseous and it really helped with me eating which is massively important. I know the steroids obviously help with eating also but I found after a day of chemo a healthy dose of the above grounded me and made me snack more than on days when it was unavailable to me.

The only draw back was cost. In the UK its around £100 for a small flush of it (I purchased it in syringes to apply on food etc not mainline) I could do two per day. I did explain to the hospital that this was the only other medication I was taking besides everything they were giving me. They never said stop and there is a real sense that the UK may start to delve deeper into Medical Marijuana for cancer patients. It bankrupted me but was well worth it

I must add on a side note that it was not an alternative medicine and it was never going to take away my Tumours! they had Chemo and top Surgeons for that part. I do however believe it helped me and would certainly advocate anyone in crippling chemo pains unable to eat to give it a try. I know in the US it would have been easy for me to obtain as I would have got a Card
still I cant have it all and what I have gotten has been worth more to me than any money.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hey there.

I didn't ever really have issues with nausea the first round which was the heavy duty platinum based chemo that took may hair after the 1st infusion, they give heavy duty steroids and anti-nausea meds with that. So far this go around, just finished my first 7 day course of oral chemo last week, no nausea at all, didn't have to take anything either... and no hair loss.

Cannabis won't knock me off the trial like I feared but at this point my docs and nurses would rather I didn't. They want a true measurement of how I physically handle the strain being placed on my body. The level of love and trust I have developed with my team is beyond description, I'm going to stay away from Pot for now. I'm naturally like that anyway, I don't even like to take tylenol unless I can't stand whatever pain it is that I'm having.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyK22

True to my word been a week without a cig but this thing is killing my throat even worse! Arghh...
I guess I just have to get used to it, it's easy to take a giant bong like hit even on the lower settings.

Careful with that - whilst it allegedly cuts out the carcinogenics prevalent in tabacco smoking, they do often lead to ingesting far more nicotine than through smoking.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Cannabis won't knock me off the trial like I feared but at this point my docs and nurses would rather I didn't.

I am so glad to read this. I have to admit, I was kind of outraged when I read that someone might withhold treatment because you wanted to try cannabis, too.

That said, I completely respect that your treatment plan is totally on your terms.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My God Kali, read page one and this the final page, am just stunned and floored by your path right now. I fear the big C as I have smoked for 40 years plus. Cant seem to stop shaking my head for you. Wow. This is alot to take in, I have always loved you in spirit.

Huge hug for you

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

I have cut down immensely with my vape pen. I started at 18mg of nicotine and now I'm down to 3. Eventually I'm going to step down to nothing and see if that helps while my body cleans itself out.

I smoked cigarettes for 22 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hey there.

I didn't ever really have issues with nausea the first round which was the heavy duty platinum based chemo that took may hair after the 1st infusion, they give heavy duty steroids and anti-nausea meds with that. So far this go around, just finished my first 7 day course of oral chemo last week, no nausea at all, didn't have to take anything either... and no hair loss.

Cannabis won't knock me off the trial like I feared but at this point my docs and nurses would rather I didn't. They want a true measurement of how I physically handle the strain being placed on my body. The level of love and trust I have developed with my team is beyond description, I'm going to stay away from Pot for now. I'm naturally like that anyway, I don't even like to take tylenol unless I can't stand whatever pain it is that I'm having.

You seem in awesome spirits which is nice to hear.

I have not had the luxury of the Oral Chemo pills and due to how sick I was on the Platinum I was/am naturally cautious about that as a future treatment, however now knowing someone that is having that option as I speak, well it does heaps for my confidence. I feel that way about all my Oncys at the Royal Marsden its kind of like Your life in their hands which is an awesome but scary Roller-coaster and it rocks that you clearly support them however you can. I wont send you any hash cakes then

You are proof that the experts are the best people to Deal with the illness you have. I know there are a few people on here sending lots of love and prayers.

Thanks for the update and for getting back to me. Keep up the good fight. xx

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The level of love and trust I have developed with my team is beyond description.

It was the same for me when I was going through treatments. They cared not only for the physical aspects, but the emotional aspect as well. I was in good hands.

You seem to be doing quite well and still have a great attitude which is important. You've got this! Hugs!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join