It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Happy New Year all! Here's to a happy and healthy 2017.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's exactly the right attitude!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

To your health, Kali

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I hope you kick cancer's ass this year Kali!
edit on 1/1/2017 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check...I hate my phone!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Happy New Year Kali! May your year be filled with healing, peace and love!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

We have certainly been foes, in discussions, but I am truly sorry to hear your news. I hope and pray that you can find relief, and healing. Lung cancer can be very tough; lost my dad to that some years back. As for treatments, have you looked into the work that's been done using a patient's own stem cells? Some of it is promising. No idea if that's an option for you, but it could be worth checking.

Just in case, enjoy the time with family that you have, and cherish every moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thanks!

I'm sorry you lost your dad to this bastard.

Stem Cells aren't an option for my type, clinical trials haven't yielded good results. I don't think they even do stem cell trials for Small Cell anymore. Right now the focus is to knock these new tumors out and we're trying it with a trial chemo combo that I can take orally and for as long as my body will tolerate it which doc estimates to be a year and hope for the best that the cancer doesn't come back.

If it does I will be put on a immunotherapy drug like Opdivo or one that should be out of trial by then called Roto-T. By that time (1-3) years there could be whole new treatment avenues open to me and millions of others who suffer with various cancers. I think gene editing (CRISPR) combined with targeted therapies (chemo, immuno, radiation) are going to be standard cancer treatment pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Its good and important to hear you expressing hope. It will help you as much as the drugs!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Man you been here for an age 75600 new threads since i last felt the urge to do more than lurk. Firstly November 2015 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer which had blown cancer ridden shrapnel all over my body 😷 my lymphatic system and lungs bore the brunt but also had in abdomen. For this privilege I received the most gruelling chemo only someone like you can imagine [C-BOP and BEP combo which is a white blood cell killer for lukemia. The Vincristine still got me itching now] I had four operations after weeks of hospitalised chemo including removal of my lymph glands in neck and abdomen and an RPLND which was nasty as you like. I was given palatine care last Christmas meaning to shrink my tumours to stop them closing my airways and basically extend my life. I got two kids and am 37 now. I was ready to go and kick my makers arse as my life has not always been easy but then something happened. My tumour markers were over 1million on my first blood test [I was misdiagnosed for months and the cancer ate me up good and proper] they are now at about 6 but like yourself have the same form of lung cancer and a repeat is highly likely. You got through what you have already ironman and don't forget that please? I can tell from your posts that you are tough as boots mentally and that's the game. Cancer hates a doer. I know at times I could only walk 10 paces but I still did and eventually I learnt to walk again and even run although I do get out of breath easily.
Secondly I commend you for letting the medical team do what they have to do. I was on GlP all through my experience and had this guy called booger cancer calling me out as I was explaining to another sufferer (who passed away due to leaving hospital on this guys say so) that I was on chemo and felt that although I knew the treatment to be invasive I was too far gone for chillies. Never give up and your post has inspired me greatly many thanks.

Peace bro!

And apologies if you feel I have jacked your thread I just want you to know someone here if you want a PM or a rant lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to send you good luck and well wishes!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21660357]Kali74[/poListen. Cancer cells are cells that don't self destruct due to an internal "error" and that spreads to other cells. Aspertane (which is found in cyan peppers) tells those cells to self destruct and build new cells. I know you said no miracle cures but it works. Maybe try medicinal THC delivery substance, it is proven to kill cancer cells. I'm just saying this because I want to help. If you don't that's fine. Sorry and best wishes.
I'm sorry this happened to you and just want to offer what I've heard works. I dont know if it's true but if it helps great! If not I'm sorry. I do reccomend NOT doing chemmo though. It is radiation directed towards your body, and it kills more cells than just cancer ones. Best wishes, hope you get well!
Sincerest regards______Blue

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue2K4
a reply to: [post=21660357]Kali74[/poListen. Cancer cells are cells that don't self destruct due to an internal "error" and that spreads to other cells. Aspertane (which is found in cyan peppers) tells those cells to self destruct and build new cells. I know you said no miracle cures but it works. Maybe try medicinal THC delivery substance, it is proven to kill cancer cells. I'm just saying this because I want to help. If you don't that's fine. Sorry and best wishes.
I'm sorry this happened to you and just want to offer what I've heard works. I dont know if it's true but if it helps great! If not I'm sorry. I do reccomend NOT doing chemmo though. It is radiation directed towards your body, and it kills more cells than just cancer ones. Best wishes, hope you get well!
Sincerest regards______Blue

She is aware of all that and its condescending of you to think that one who spends so much time on alterative news would not have thought about it. Chillies? Are you a troll? There are two hundred types of cancer and yes there is every chance that spice (not just chillies amateur) alleviates pressure on tumours but the point you miss is this. some cancer is just to far gone and the results without chemo would be death certainly within three weeks of my hospital admittance. I am not a great promoter of Chemo but from a relatively low to zero chance of survival perspective it does what it says on the tin.

The DNA is split from one type of Chemo allowing other forms of Poison (Yes we are not thick) to get in and attack the cancerous ridden cells. I must also add that the whole chillies debate has not been tested on Leukaemia and various other types of poor prognosis cancers? I have studied this more than most in the last 13 months from a CANCER HOSPITAL. If I took your advice I would be dead so nice one for that........

Also one other point about Chemo. It is highly toxic poison and yes it makes people poorly but it honestly is not the Chemo that kills people its the Cancer and they would not be offering chemo as a treatment if stages were not to far gone. I appreciate some people find it hard to deal in facts and I understand many people who have watched their loved ones die (again I have seen it with my own eyes) a painful death which really is not aided much on the outside by chemo. Hair loss etc also anyone having chemo also has a choice and has to sign disclaimers that state how bad the stuff is for you.

Id tell chemo is sh t to the kids parents on various cancer wards around the world where it was more of a choice than Booger cancers theory on Chillies. The guy is no medic he is a conspirator like us all and read to many fairy tales while high on weed.

I was the most anti chemo human on the planet and had to seriously experience it all for myself. You should try it, it is very illuminating.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dinnedwiththedevil

Your post is inspirational, I'm glad you shared your story. Cancer is really hard to talk about even in anonymity, especially if your life is on the line. For a long time, I felt if no one knew, it wouldn't get me. Only my closest family and friends knew.

The vulnerability factor is almost unbearable, if you're lucky though that little voice kicks in and tells you to start fighting, to live and to make the most of everything that you can... that you're going to survive but just in case you don't you're gonna go out with as big of a bang as you can muster. Sounds like you found it!

The science is right on the cusp. Hang on!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That's cute, thank you

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just saw this video on the book of face.A primer on CRISPR:

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

So I would appreciate any prayers and positive thinking.

Positive thinking and a prayer from an agnostic on its way.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Your post is inspirational, I'm glad you shared your story. Cancer is really hard to talk about even in anonymity, especially if your life is on the line. For a long time, I felt if no one knew, it wouldn't get me. Only my closest family and friends knew.

The vulnerability factor is almost unbearable, if you're lucky though that little voice kicks in and tells you to start fighting, to live and to make the most of everything that you can... that you're going to survive but just in case you don't you're gonna go out with as big of a bang as you can muster. Sounds like you found it!

The science is right on the cusp. Hang on!

I didn't tell anyone, I didn't want attention. fuss. sympathy so I just kept going getting sicker and hiding what was an enormous tumour under my shirt and tie. My family is very loving but I am the first born son so have difficulty not being the strong one in any circumstance so I palmed everyone off it was a lonely time. My partner of 6 years had also recently got with with an old acquaintance meaning my 4 year old son had a stepdad that I knew very well or at least I loved a few members of his family. It cut so deep because I longed for her to be there at the hospital with me holding my hand (not that I needed anyone in the end) whilst being told your being rushed from ESHT down south of England BTW to the Royal Marsden super hospital in London ( I was so blessed) where Chemo was starting instantly. It was such a whirlwind and anyway at that point I had to kind of start telling more than the maybe 5 people that knew as I ran a business and thought I was quite a popular member of society. Again another life lesson learned. Humans by default are all about number one its very animalistic but safe to say the arse end fell out my world and that old saying goes where if you can count on one hand your true friends your a lucky guy. From experience its true!!!

I am dreading my next scan (had them monthly for 13 months and got the news that my tumour was still only 3cms in my lung and that due to the Chemo wash of doom it was possible it was mostly dead tissue as was found in all me removed bits and bobs. Monthly bloods and a scan in April. I am already nervous and as you know there is nothing like a Cancer hospital. I met more inspirational people in one year than I had in 36. They realigned me in everyway and gave me back my life. I am nice to nice people and spare no time or energy on anyone else. I was a people pleaser I know now that life is a game once you see it for what it is you live without fear.

I changed my name to dinned with the devil on ATS because of something profound. I begged God before my last operation that if I had no purpose on this earth then take me during this operation. My body had enough with Drugs, operations, poison I was in a bad way to be honest. I said goodbye to my kids and begged him. Well that day I had lunch with the Devil I knew who he was and yet I have never seen God. I only realised God existed whilst drinking tea with the biggest wimp of them all. You see the Devil is everyone's inner fears and once you live without fear everything is clear. I actually feel blessed to have this outlook as I could have easily died in a car crash and never really understood what I do now. We are way stronger than we know and there is so much more at play.

My kids as yours must be were majorly effected by this. I was advised due to the severity to explain exactly where I was so I had a 14 year old daughter and a 5 year old son who both idolise me ruined. That hurt more and gave me more strength than God himself could have. I found my inner God.

Kali I am so sorry to be pouring my feelings out like this on your thread, I have nothing but compassion for you and it comes from my heart because your one of the only ones on here that knows. I will send you all my letters via email to prove I am no troll.

Thanks to ATS for such a civilised forum. You should be very proud of this community as it has many wonderful lights in here. Other sights are somewhat darker.

Pe

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Happy New Year all! Here's to a happy and healthy 2017.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Kali I am so sorry to be pouring my feelings out like this on your thread, I have nothing but compassion for you and it comes from my heart because your one of the only ones on here that knows. I will send you all my letters via email to prove I am no troll.

Don't be silly, you've made it to the other side of Hell. Your story can be a guiding light too.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Don't be silly, you've made it to the other side of Hell. Your story can be a guiding light too.

Thank you xxxx

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join