It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hi Kali,

just wanted to show you this Link and wish you all the best.

cannabisdigest.ca...
edit on America/ChicagoSun, 15 Jan 2017 07:58:09 -060005812017Sun, 15 Jan 2017 07:58:09 -0600b by ErwinOrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xanxeriya

I'm so sorry I missed your previous post where you spoke of your condition. My heart goes out to you.

Kali's posts as well as your own and others are so inspiring and touching.

My thoughts, heart and prayers go out to each and every one of you, with love!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Hey Kali

Sorry to hear about your development... I was wondering if since you opened the bag yourself, you could lend some info on your own story and how it lead up to a diagnosis?

I'm asking because I've been through a weird spell of sickness the past month, going from flu, through diarrhoea, back to flu and now to something I thought was pneumonia. However, despite having tried Ventoline, expectorant tablets, prednisone and now anti-biotics my cough with mucus simply won't go away.
I've been to my GP several times... my infection numbers were normal. The x-rays I had done showed what they said could be pneumonia in the left lung but the sample they took from my throat showed no pneumonic bacteria. So currently I'm waiting to see how soon the lung department at the hospital can fit me in.

So I do the stupid thing and use the wait to consult dr. Google... endless cough with slime, shortness of breath from basic actions, pain in shoulders, tired... all leads me to your condition. And it scares the crap out of me.

So I'm here to ask.... how was your condition leading up to you finding out you had lung cancer? Did you also suffer from what they initially thought was the flu / pneumonia etc?

Best wishes for a remission case for you!

edit on 17/1/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/1/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I did go through all of that, however that does not mean Cancer. There has been a very nasty chest cold going around... everywhere. I have it right now. I can go over what was the most notably different for me when I was diagnosed and even now with new tumors, I don't feel nearly as bad as I did back then.

Fatigue is common with a cold or respiratory infection but the level of fatigue I had was so extreme that I went to the ER several times thinking I had Lupus or some other auto-immune disease and was having a flair up.

Extreme leg weakness... this can happen with a lung infection too so if you have this symptom, don't panic. I was a good walker, strong legs and for work, I was a daycare teacher and between work and the commute, I was on my feet up to 10 hours a day. Suddenly, I couldn't walk more than 20 minutes or so without feeling like my legs would give out.

It's good that you are on top of this and hopefully your appointment is coming up soon. Don't read anymore medical info online, what's available to doctors is not available to us, it's horribly outdated and honestly you barely search up a scraped knee without some website telling you that you're dying. Statistics are with you, it's far more likely that you have an infection vs cancer, but stay on top of it and thank you for your well wishes. I wish for a clean bill of health for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Know that you can have pneumonia or bacterial bronchitis without pneumococcal positive culture - lots of strains of bacteria can cause it. Know also that you can have viral pneumonia with all of those symptoms that just takes forever to recover from. There's also some really virulent stuff going around right now - including a pertussis outbreak in some places of all things (whooping cough) - that can make people extremely sick.

It's very good that you're being aggressive and proactive about it, though. You know your body better than anyone and should definitely keep at it. Sometimes I get sick and stay sick for three months at a time. Respiratory tract infections can take a long time to get over depending on general health and a lot of other factors. That's by no means NORMAL mind you, but it does happen.

This is not medical advice or a substitute for a physician's exam and treatment, and should not be taken as such. However I would ask your doctor whether they feel it's safe (for some people it's not, e.g. if you're on blood thinners, or have liver disease, among other reasons) to take something called N-Acetyl Cysteine. They can prescribe it in an inhaled form, or it can be purchased over the counter (though high doses are required for it to work orally - for me, it's body weight in lbs x 5.7 mg for a therapeutic dose) and it is a more naturalistic way of achieving a mucolytic effect. It cleaves disulphide bonds in mucuproteins by elevating your body's glutathione levels. They use it in chelation therapy, treating acetaminophen poisoning, and for people with cystic fibrosis, COPD, and other respiratory ailments.

I used to get sick for months. Now I take that when I'm sick, and get sick within weeks, every time. It makes the mucous infinitely less viscous, and works much more effectively for me than expectorants like guiafennesin. Again, this is not and does not constitute medical advice and you listen to me at your own discretion. :p Ask your doctor first. But it has helped me a tremendous deal.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi! xoxo!

Kali, how's your appetite? Are you eating? I would love to send you a big box of chocolates or something, if you would let me!

If you would, send me a little PM?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How are you doing? It's been a while since I heard anything on here and I was wondering. I hope you're okay.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Another concerned person checking in. How are you doing Hun???

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Doing okay, thanks

Halfway through my second round of chemo pills (1 week on 2 weeks off). I feel like it's working as well as gaining faith that it won't make me bald again. I've been pretty active in the political threads, which I assume means I'm feeling more secure and more like myself and I need to start going for walks again.
edit on 1/24/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Would love some but I indulge enough as is lol.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Can't wait for Spring!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Would love some but I indulge enough as is lol.

Thank you!

Good deal, then. Happy to hear you are indulging! Plus, good news about your hair. So far, so good!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Good deal. Keep getting better.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Skid Mark

Doing okay, thanks

Halfway through my second round of chemo pills (1 week on 2 weeks off). I feel like it's working as well as gaining faith that it won't make me bald again. I've been pretty active in the political threads, which I assume means I'm feeling more secure and more like myself and I need to start going for walks again.

Sending good mojo and kittens.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
So I do the stupid thing and use the wait to consult dr. Google... endless cough with slime, shortness of breath from basic actions, pain in shoulders, tired... all leads me to your condition. And it scares the crap out of me.

Sounds like you need to go through a lot of detox...the body is telling you it is time to go through a loooong recovery mode. Doesn't mean the you have the big C....but you may need to start increasing Vit C to recover.

Kali have you asked your RN's and DR's about IV Vit C push therapy? If they can provide that ask for it. Let me know.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don't read up on medical info online?

Then don't read what I am going to type next, from wikipedia:

"Several studies show mebendazole exhibits potent antitumor properties.
MBZ signifigantly inhibited cancer cell growth, migration, and metastatic formation of adrenocortical carcinoma, both in vitro, and in vivo. Treatment of lung cancer cell lines with
MBZ caused mitotic arrest, followed by apoptotic cell death with the feature of caspase activation and cytochrome c release. MBZ induced a dose-and time- dependent apoptotic response in human lung cancer cell lines, and apoptosis via Bcl-2 inactivation in chemoresistant melanoma cells."

Tell your doctor about MBZ. I am pretty sure he's heard, and forgotten, all about it.

Specifically inquire about contraindications.
Or don't. It's your party.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Can't wait for Spring!

I can't either! Sounds like you are doing well and I am very happy to hear that!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They say antioxidants are a big no no while on chemo. Antioxidants protect cell structure and we're trying to kill cells right now. I expect to be on this chemo for about a year but I can ask about IV vitamin C when I'm off it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They say antioxidants are a big no no while on chemo. Antioxidants protect cell structure and we're trying to kill cells right now. I expect to be on this chemo for about a year but I can ask about IV vitamin C when I'm off it.

Hey Kali, Hope all is well? I see your on round two of the pills and am glad that you still have your hair and are feeling ok. I know how hard the hair loss situation must be for women, With men there are so many baldies that other than the bum fluff head you would not know I was not just bald. I have to admit that after meeting so many people with no hair, I think baldness brings out a certain beauty and most the women I met during hospital stays gave me so much inspiration. You woman are defiantly the nurturers and I thank my stars for some of the females that helped me through my journey with compassion and understanding.

With regards to the quoted post I can only speak from the experience of speaking to one patient I met. IV vit C in the UK is an alternative that people rave about, I met a guy who has had cancer ten years. Several bouts of Radiation, Chemo and Ops but he is still here.....Well during one particular phase he decided to look into all these different alternative options. The IV Vit C cost him over £5000 and did nothing but put him back in the bed next to me. He was adamant it was a waste of time (this was during my doubt everything the Professors say stage of treatment) I also met someone who purged on Carrot Juice and they were actually as orange as an ompa lumper which was really weird. I know you have complete faith in the guys treating you and I can not prove that these alternatives don't work nor aid prevention of Cancer so its difficult to say 100% as even Drs I spoke with said they hoped that they would have less invasive treatment than Chemo/Radiation, but at present the famous Chemo wash through, Nasty radiation treatments and Operations are the only proven way that attempt to seriously dent Cancer. 10 years ago I would not have survived which is proof itself that things have come along way and I fear that Cancer Charites are hurt by the constant negative chat about how Chemo Killed this person and we should use the scales of the Loch ness monster and tooth of the yeti to get better. It's not Chemo that kills people its Cancer and I for one am happy to continue with my treatment just as it is, If I don't make it I wont be blaming my treatment and I know some people will be "I told him he should have used that unicorn milk" to those types I say Live the experience of being told you got two weeks without Chemo I was under 8stone from 14stone and looked 90 years old at 36 I also have 2 children that simply wanted their dad. After the Chemo started I could walk further and it really was noticeable the improvement and this was just after 4 weeks of 5 days a week on the bags. I had another 5 months of that then 3 ops and its still not gone but you know what for now I am here and honoured to be able to participate in your thread.

I love seeing all the lovely comments from people on here and it truly is an inspirational thread for me.

Thanks Kali
xxxxxxx:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Can't wait for Spring!

I can't either! Sounds like you are doing well and I am very happy to hear that!

You really are lovely Night Star!

xx

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join