It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
God bless, Kali. Stay strong and keep fighting. With any luck we'll keep disagreeing with each other around here as always!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Continuing to keep you in my prayers.

I hope you are indeed among that growing number of thriving survivors.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Good luck tomorrow!!! I hope things go well for you and you are able to get treatment started!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 12 26 2016 by Xanxeriya because: I think I hit a wrong button. I apologize. Was trying to reply with a passage from their posting.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm terminal as well, Kali. I was sick most of my life with various things..symptoms that overlapped and have been on more pills, shots, etc. and have had so much testing it's insane. I'm surprised I'm not glowing like Rudolph's nose. Eventually, they discovered in 2000/2001 that I have a rare liver disease, called NASH. Not to be confused with fatty liver. The last stage of this disease is liver cancer. In some people it is slow and in others, they become ill, get a diagnosis shortly after ( if lucky ) and pass within 6 months to a year. I have never drank alcohol nor done any drugs outside of what a Dr. had prescribed for usual illnesses. Along with NASH, almost everyone gets diabetes, which I was found to have in 2005. More pills that made me so sick I couldn't get out of bed or that made my sugars plummet to where I passed out. As of a last year, almost to the day, my liver was 4 times the size it should be. When I was diagnosed, it drained me mentally, emotionally and physically. I had two kids who were not even teens yet. I feel your worry about your own children. Grown or not, they are still your children. I was so sick from the meds that I couldn't even function at all. I decided that for me, that was no way to live. I stopped their meds. They weren't helping in the first place. Since there is no cure anyway for what I have, it was pointless to bounce from med to med. I haven't taken them since 2007. I feel so much better, physically. Sure, I get flare ups that are annoying to say the least and painful neuropathy flare ups but it's nothing compared to what I was feeling like on those meds. I eat a lot of antioxidant foods and drink a lot of various types of teas to detox my body and for me, it's working. My nails are healthy again as is my hair which both had become so brittle. I had been on Prednisone for 2 years for inflammation they didn't know what was causing it. It caused me to develop spinal degenerative disease. I have disks in my back that are completely gone and one I had to have surgery on because it was leaking spinal fluid onto my sciatic nerve. I'd rather go through labor every day of my life than re-live that pain. YIKES. I can stand up straight and run too since I had the surgery. The degeneration has moved into my jaw bone. I have to have a sense of humor though or lose my mind completely, so on the silver lining of that big, gray cloud...I can now attend Blizzcon for World of Warcraft and go as an undead character. Some of them have no lower jaw. Laughter can be the best medicine. I hope the treatments work for you and your illness goes away forever. I know we don't know each other but if you ever need to vent, scream, cry, laugh hysterically for absolutely no reason...and need an ear. I'm here. *hugs*

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I don't really know you at all but I feel a love for you and I wish you well, truly.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xanxeriya

I'm so sorry you've had to endure what you have and thank you for reaching out.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

The next meet up will have to be in Boston

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Smoking , its great isnt it ,smoking crap always happens to others but guess what , you and me both are feeling its effects .You are in a fight for your life and i could possibly lose my legs due to claudication . Keep up the fight , fall down nine times stand up ten .

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The next meet up will have to be in Boston

Perfect. I'll bring my Yankee cap.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can't star you for that!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have just given up fags and gone to pipe smoking I know I know it is still bad but It isn't going into my lungs, I attempted to go vapering but it gave me a bad chest.

Kali BM here you keep up fighting you will beat this....I still want to come over for a pint with you and August when I'm a millionaire so get better!.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I can't star you for that!

I didn't say I was going to wear it.

I was going to staple it to your head when you weren't paying attention.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh my god lets do it.

And I won't bite your butt, I promise! Unless of course you wanted me to.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
And I won't bite your butt, I promise! Unless of course you wanted me to.

A meet up would not be considered a success unless you sink your chompers into some unsuspecting participant's rear.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'll be waiting for ya

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

LOL Not mine! And... no staples I get poked enough!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ha! This could actually be easily achieved, via the consumption of lots of alcohol.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just checking in...I hope your appointment went great today!

(They can say it on cable TV so I hope it passes T&C)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You're damned right cancer can be beat. If I can, you can.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for as long as it takes to beat this bastard.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join