It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
OP

When you say the stock market has gone up, do you mean the DOW or some other basket of stocks?

Those baskets of of stocks are weighted and get replaced when a company's stock gets too low or doesn't perform.

Further the ownership of stocks is around 50% of the population. Among those who own stocks the vast majority of stocks are owned by the upper class.

Fifty-five percent of Americans are invested in stock market

The top 1% now owns half the world's wealth

Credit Suisse says wealth inequality was actually falling before the financial crisis but has increased every year since 2008. The U.S. created 903 new millionaires between the 2014 and 2015 report, while median wealth has stagnated.

The argument about stocks is total bunk because the vast majority of stock holders are in the top 25% of earners nationally which does not even remotely reflect the reality.

Here is another from an NYU economics professor:
The market is at an all time high, but stock ownership is wildly unequal

According to economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University, the wealthiest 1% of all Americans owned 35% of all the stock owned by U.S. households in 2010, a percentage that, due to recent market developments, is likely to have increased to as much as 38% today.

. . .

The wealthiest 10% of all Americans own 81% of all shares of stock owned by U.S. households (as of 2010). This underscores just how concentrated financial wealth is in the United States.

Her argument about the stock market is pointless to the average American and is merely reinforcing the Trump narrative about ignorant establishment elites being disconnected from reality.

What a joke.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Must be because theyre goonies. Bet they even have booty traps.
edit on 14-12-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I can just imagine how this poll was done. They called people and anyone who didn't answer they just assumed they would fit the narrative. It's how they got the 100% participation rate.
Regardless, thanks for the laugh. You always find ways to entertain me with your desperate post.. To prove what? idk.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Excellent post

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So the left get's it's collective asses handed to them COMPLETELY and YOU think our reality is the one that's wrong?

edit on 14-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why do so many of the Trump supporters on ATS talk like goons?

The Russians, actually.

Tell us how we should talk. lol.

Don't try and drag me OT, either, I'm onto you peoples and underhanded tactics.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's a lot of sweeping generalizations.

You say that I don't do my research, but if you did yours, you wouldn't have even made this thread.

Personally, I'm very well-educated and well-informed and politically literate. I was on the Trump train from day one. What can I say, I was sick of politics and wanted to see what a businessman could do to help out our dire economic situation. So far, he's doing even better than I'd expected.

I think it's everyone who thinks that Obama is a 'talented speaker' who lives in this alternate reality. He reads a teleprompter and has awful articulation. He is demeaning and classless and makes America look pathetic. He apologizes for us, instead of standing up for us. He doesn't do anything other than say how regretful he is that bad things are happening. He fans the flames of social and racial tensions. In short, history books will remember him as the first black President, but I will bet the farm that they don't say much, because history will prove that Obama was nothing short of ineffective. In fact, he made everything much worse and caused so many of our soldiers to die, needlessly.

I think that anyone who thinks that politics isn't a divisive farce is in la-la land. It's literally a game. I like how Trump plays his own game. I think he's exactly what our safe-space safety-pin wearing country of sissy nincompoops needs right now. Because, guess what, California, New York, and Illinois aren't allowed to decide every election. Boo hoo hoo.

Get over it now please and stop being sore losers. Just shut up the man hasn't even been sworn in yet. Give him a chance. Unless this isn't really about caring about America--you just care about your stupid ideologies.

Keep acting like demeaning people who voted for Trump by generalizing them is a good idea when it isn't. Haven't you considered that you're wrong? That you're actually the stupid ones? Stupid people never think that they could possibly be stupid. I often wonder if I'm an idiot, and yet, that's what makes me anything but.

I'm getting really sick of people lambasting people over who they chose to vote for. That's just inane to the max. All it is is you trying to feel better about losing. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that this is hyped-up B.S. and damned lies. The statistics are skewed because they're not actually significant data lol

ANYWAY, instead of reacting based off of your stupid feelings, can you use logic, please? Can you look at what actually caused him to win? It was building for eight years--didn't you notice?

Me and my genius IQ say your statistics are damned lies. So do the very high IQ's of all of my friends who also voted for Trump. The liberal universities can't indoctrinate people who already know how to use their brains. Your study was

edit on 14-12-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Maybe you're just biased. Ever consider that one?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh look, some more polls that are full of nonsense.

Remember all of the polls and media outlets talking about the amazing SLAM DUNK win for Hillary?

Who exactly is living in an alternate reality?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

THIS

Precisely. It's literally transferrence on their part, in every way. They've been doing it this whole time. Even with Obama, telling (whining at) Trump to stop whining. They're just a bunch of hypocrites who only care about themselves. That's why they are the ones in the alternate reality. Their only world is their make-believe world that revolves around them and what they want. Newsflash--reality doesn't work like that.

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself when Katy Perry was saying how Wednesday would be the best day ever, on Monday the day before the election. I knew those were some famous last words right there.

Alternate reality denizens = the crazed people who wear blinders throughout life (ie. the left). That's because they think with their hearts and not their brains. Seems logical to me. At least I don't harbor delusions of equalizing the social playing field because I know world history.
edit on 14-12-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Textbook deflection is how you are deflecting about what is on topic.

Are you really going to use the "I know you are but what am I" approach?

Hillary is on topic because the OP is indicating that the reason she lost is because of fake news

Did you read the OP? That has nothing to do with it.

But what I said was BOTH the Right and the LEFT have fake news.

And I asked for a link to that proof.

CNN and msnbc

Lazy. Absolutely lazy. Give me proof of your claim.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This is one of the many wrong "facts" in this discussion. See graphic.

www.politifact.com...

He was actually the 13th smallest victory in our history.
Facts mater. Use them.
edit on 14-12-2016 by plaindoughnut because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut
a reply to: Gothmog

This is one of the many wrong "facts" in this discussion. See graphic.

www.politifact.com...

He was actually the 13th smallest victory in our history.
Facts mater. Use them.

And how many elections have there been .
Math matters
Also a little exposure to statistics wouldnt hurt
Use it if you can....
edit on 12/14/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

OK, I clicked both links. The first one was broken, and honestly, did you read the entire OP of the second? You screwed the pooch on this one - the OP you linked actually takes a huge dump on the point you were trying to make - "liberals are smarter than conservatives".
edit on 14-12-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Edit to add

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

How is that first amendment working out for you USA? If you don't start regulating and punishing lies you will never be anything but stupid.

Enlightening comment from the OP's video.

Polls promoted by the mainstream media. Totally reliable.

Oh wait, who won the election again?

hysterical.
edit on -060003am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i think the right and the left are both living in alternate realities. it seems every fact can be spun left or right depending on the agenda when in reality the truth is somewhere in the middle. take the unemployment rate for example, the left will say its lower the right will say its higher, in reality when all things are taken into consideration its probably somewhere in between.

they say life imitates art well sometimes i feel like were living in 1984.
edit on 14-12-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: UKTruth
Who cares what Maddow thinks?
The reality is that Trump is taking office on the 20th January and Maddow can deal with it or keep crying every day on air. Someone should tell her she should probably do the former.

This is not about what she thinks.

She interprets a set of poll numbers and spews out her thoughts on air (classic example of fake news)

She thinks that believing California voting included illegals is somehow detached form reality.

She thinks that because Trump fans have a lower favourability for Obama that they are detached from reality.

At the same time she decides to exclude the vast variance of non-Trump voters vs. Trump voters in terms of favourability for Trump - all she has done is show an obvious divide, not a detachment of reality.

She showcases how 39% of Trump supporters think the stock market has gone down but does not compare it to all voters. many people do not follow the stock market. I would suggest it is her who is detached from reality. In the real world many people just don't know, including Democrats.

Her 'very clear' picture of the unemployment rate is not clear at all. The rate pushed as propaganda is very different to the real health of the workforce.

Apparently she thinks it's not reality that Soros pays for protests.

Because Trump supporters don't think Trump needs to release his tax returns, they are detached from reality? I'd suggest, that given it's completely irrelevant, they are very much in reality and moving forward. Maddow thinks the 'beltway common wisdom' is reality. She actually says this... worth repeating that her 'reality' is the 'beltway common wisdom'. Enough said. That is exactly why the Democrats lost but they still don't seem to be learning.

The poll does not show what she 'thinks' at all.

Let me just add this here. It is Rachel Maddow's historical contribution to the moment history was made by a non politician or ex serviceman winning the presidency for the first time against all the odds. This is her reality and it is the moment also where she lost credibility for the rest of her life - where an MSM outlet can be so hopelessly biased and lack any self awareness (MSNBC prime time ratings dropped a massive 38% since the election as people switch of fake news)

She is welcome to this reality of hers and anyone who wants to join that reality is welcome to it too.

Too bad reldra couldn't respond to your comment considering that he/she responded to most... thought it was a good post though!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So this is the women who I saw ranting and taking political side while doing the news? "This is america..." some might remember. I was disgusted when I saw this, as a news anchor she´s not supposed to spout her political beliefs and ridicule one side of a political party, REGARDLESS what side.

I still remember her smug face insulting voters.

If someone is affected like her with the results, it gives the impression she did not use any rational thought but emotional to pick her side. Regardless, it´s still disgusting what she did there.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
On the subject of how polls work I can help explain that, and why they are useless.

I can conduct an honest poll right now and get whatever result you want for Dem vs. Rep. 'Honest' is defined as asking the same questions regardless of whom I am calling, and, I will not call anyone I know, only random numbers.

The trick is not the area code, or the last four digits of the number. It is the exchange. I know the area codes for Chicago and the surrounding suburbs for example. What matters are the exchange numbers. Those three give you an accurate geographic location, except in the case of cell phones now which can get a number from anywhere. The method is simple. If I want a pro republican result I call the exchanges based in republican dominated areas and randomize the last four digits. And, I will call in the evening. If I want a pro democrat response I will call the appropriate exchanges and call during the day. Like it or not, the chances of finding someone on the government dole during the day is pretty good. The chances of finding an employed middle class person in the evening in those exchanges is also pretty good. It might not be a landslide in terms of numbers, but I WILL get the desired result. The fact that I randomize the last four digits allows me to say they were random calls to people I am not associated with.

You can look at this and say the poll is rigged. And you would be correct. But I give myself room to say it isn't. And the methods used in many polls are far worse. They will ask questions like, "Do you want to have a better economy under HIllary or suffer financially under Trump?" Some are less obvious and use tone and inflection to hint at the desired result. The questions might be, "Who do you think will do better for the economy?" When the options are offered hillary will be said with the light tone and trailing upward at the end expecting a response. Trump will be low and flat in a gruff tone signaling a hard stop. Its subtle if done correctly but amazingly effective.

Or, there is this neat little trick. If polling in person clip board style, and I want a pro hillary response. I will ask the question and put the pen on the clipboard and slant it downward toward the person I am talking to. As the pen slides off the clipboard most people make a grab for it to catch it. When asked, my take on the poll will be, "When I asked about hillary people were literally lunging at the pen - they couldn't grab it fast enough..." It is true, but terribly disingenuous. Think about how many times you have heard news stations talk about polls in terms of emotion or intensity rather than hard numbers. This is what is happening.

With any poll you have to remember that rarely do you see the whole picture. Its all in the way it is presented. A simple 'good morning' can either sound like a pleasant greeting or a death threat depending on how you say it. Same words, different interpretation based entirely on the phrasing of the person saying it - something you don't get to hear when reading about poll results.

Does every single poll taken work like this? NO. But which are which?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join