It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Source

Rachel Maddow dissected a PPP poll exclusively pre-released to MSNBC showing the Trump voter as severely detached from reality. Rachel started the segment by pointing out that President Obama’s overall approval rating is at 50%. However, while his favorability with Republicans is 9%, it is only 5% of Trump voters.

Rachel then pivoted to issue after issue where a large percentage of Trump voters were severely misinformed. They live in a virtually fact-free or made-up-fact environment.

The stock market has gone up. Unemployment has gone down (even taking into account those who stopoed looking for work) see Bureau of Labor Statistics as to how this is calculated. It is quite complicated.

Trump voters also believe he won the popular vote and that Califoria should NOT be included in the popular vote.[/b].

Who is PPP?
PPP is Public Policy Polling In 2012 they accurately predicted the winner in every state in the presidential election. In 2014 they were the most accurate in Governor's races poling nationally. In Nov. 2016, ther last poll showed that Clinton was unpopular, Trump was more unpopular but most respondents would want 4 more years of Obama than either candidate. That sounds fairly accurate. Just to comment of this polling organizations record, which is good, from looking at their website.

+134 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
By alternate, they mean they are aware much more of "true" reality than the left is.
edit on 13-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+81 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Republicans don't believe in polls anymore. Them being all wrong had a lot to do with it.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh boy, this ought to be good. LOL.

Bring on the popcorn

+122 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, Rachel, we are in an alternate reality where you don't matter and America comes first. Rachel's reality is that if anger, division and a weak America. She can keep it...I want no part of anything Rachel Maddow.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Republicans don't believe in polls anymore. Them being all wrong had a lot to do with it.

That is why I looked at this polling company closely as well.

(post by DAVID64 removed for political trolling and baiting)
+118 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ok reldra. So the election was essentially split down the middle (with Clinton having a few percentage points higher in the popular vote). This means half the nation voted Trump so half the nation is raving lunatics? Seriously?

In a way you are doing what Hillary did. Rather than go after whatever issues you have with Trump policies.... you are attacking your fellow citizens (many of which may be your friends in real life or on the interwebz).

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
By alternate, they mean they are aware much more of "true" reality than the left is.

No, that is not what they mean.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Ok reldra. So the election was essentially split down the middle (with Clinton having a few percentage points higher in the popular vote). This means half the nation voted Trump so half the nation is raving lunatics? Seriously?

In a way you are doing what Hillary did. Rather than go after whatever issues you have with Trump policies.... you are attacking your fellow citizens (many of which may be your friends in real life or on the interwebz).

That is not exactly what this says. I think I got responses faster than the video takes to play or the article takes to be read.

link   

That is not exactly what this says. I think I got responses faster than the video takes to play or the article takes to be read.

+89 more 
link   
I live in the reality where Trump won the election...with a total of 306 electoral college votes..

In my reality the affordable care act will be gone in a few months, taxes will decrease for my wife and I (who are both corps from 35% to %15), a wall will be built to block the hoardes of uneducated aliens from flooding into my great country, and we will begin opening refineries to deal with the oil from America's MASSIVE oil fields heretonow off limits from a soon to be dismantled EPA...

What did I miss? Oh yeah, Obama and his leftist policies will be completed obliterated from the history books and he will be reduced to a parentheses in American history...

Betcha my reality is more realistic than Maddows...I'd actually bet but I don't gamble...

-Chris

+11 more 
link   

Good luck with this thread. Though I see you used a few Trump supporter triggers (MSNBC source, Rachel Maddow, it's a poll, telling them their news is fake, etc) so I hope you brought your flame proof suit as there will be quite a few who will just see these things I listed and immediately get triggered about the whole thread.

+4 more 
link   
*Snip*

If you don't like her nor plan to look at the article, which wasn't written by her, why even join a discussion of this issue?
edit on 12/13/2016 by maria_stardust because: Removed trollish quote.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I live in the reality where Trump won the election...with a total of 306 electoral college votes..

In my reality the affordable care act will be gone in a few months, taxes will decrease for my wife and I (who are both corps from 35% to %15), a wall will be built to block the hoardes of uneducated aliens from flooding into my great country, and we will begin opening refineries to deal with the oil from America's MASSIVE oil fields heretonow off limits from a soon to be dismantled EPA...

-Chris

None of those issues are in the article or video.

+59 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good luck with this thread. Though I see you used a few Trump supporter triggers (MSNBC source, Rachel Maddow, it's a poll, telling them their news is fake, etc) so I hope you brought your flame proof suit as there will be quite a few who will just see these things I listed and immediately get triggered about the whole thread.

You are confused...

Soft minded leftists are the ones who get triggered and require safe spaces with coloring books and therapy dogs…

Conservatives live in the real world where winners and losers exist…

In the case of the most recent election we are the winners and you are the losers…

-Chris

+25 more 
link   
The reality that matters is that their votes won Trump the election.

It serves no good purpose to question the accuracy of their world view.

More divisive sneering at the winner and his electorate is unhelpful.

+52 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I did not watch the video. I did read your post though.

This isn't the first time though that you have made blanket statements about essentially everyone that didn't vote the way you did.

Edit to add: If your post didn't accurately reflect what the video asserts.... that's really something that you may want to consider working on.
edit on 13-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes, Rachel, we are in an alternate reality where you don't matter and America comes first. Rachel's reality is that if anger, division and a weak America. She can keep it...I want no part of anything Rachel Maddow.

This is not Rachel's reality. She is reporting on a poll by a poll company that has actually been accurate.

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

There isn't much to discuss on the topic simply because we all know what the OP in the article has a past history of bias information. You essentially brought yourself to the slaughterhouse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join