It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Its something of bewilderment to watch a rabid left supporter trying to discredit a right rabid supporter from their glass house and vice versa. Its like watching a comedian on stage failing miserably, its hard to watch but you can't look away.

It's like the Amtrak Schadenfreude Express just hit a dump truck at 120 MPH.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Reldra, the only person living in an alternate reality is you and racheal, I saw her reaction during the elections and trust me, her tears were delicious.

Yes, yes...I have seen the alt right people say they 'drink liberal tears'. How very edgy of you.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Rachel Maddow knows all about being in an alternate state of reality! Lel!

Bet she is still soaking those tears.

And that has what to do with the thread? How does that prove she is in an alternate state of reality?

More loling over tears. Fantastic debating!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Anti-Trump groups to protest Electoral College, urging it to change the vote
Electors Against Trump Are Faithful Not Faithless
Electors Call for Intelligence Briefing on Russian Hacking Allegations

The problem with this, is that it is looking at one small subset of Trump supporters and painting them all with the same brush. But they leave out the part about the left willing to risk civil war just to get their way, tantrum much?
It also leaves out all of the Trump supporters who do not fit into that category....the majority of Trump supporters.

But go ahead and sit on your high horse....just don't be surprised if the fall hurts.

The percentages were pretty high. Depends on what you call a 'sub set'.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: introvert

We have reached a point of no value with our discussion.

Your bias is strong to think only the right plays dirty politics.

I would agree that both sides plays dirty politics, but that is not the topic at hand and not what you claimed. I'm open to being shown that the Left also uses fake news to spread disinfo to it's viewers/readers, but I've yet to see anything of substance.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I must admit I haven't read all 26 pages of the thread but have read alot of responses. I think an argument could be made that both sides are living in a false reality about their candidate. As the wikileaks emails came out and the corruption was laid out in words, and in video with project veritas, hillary supporters either denied what they contained or downplayed the content as not of real importance. Arguments were made that trump did these underhanded tactics too even though no proof existed that he did. Some refused to address it at all. Some said they didn't read it. At no point did the campaign deny the emails or video, but simply placed blame on the russians or project veritas even going so far as to say the emails shouldn't be considered because of the source that was revealing them. This is living in denial. this is living in a false reality where the bad things being revealed about your candidate being brushed aside, not addressed or worse yet ignored completely. So yes both sides live in a false reality about their candidate and we don't need a poll to know that hillary supporters are guilty of this as well, all we have to do is jog our memory to remember that. And a perfect example of the hypocrisy of hillary and her supporters is not that long ago there was a huge discussion of whether if donald trump lost would he accept the results of the election or would he protest and threaten our democracy as hillary most elegantly worded it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, then just LISTEN to it, or READ what she said. I provided a link to a transcript earlier.

And if you expect us to stomach Trump's face and tremendous words and fantastic words and stupid hair, then you can suck it up and listen to the other side. I can't stand Trump, or Cruz, or Ryan, and I know what you mean about it makes you cringe and throw up a little bit. But I did it anyway. Because it's important to hear both sides.

I can't do anything more than point you to links that back up her statements as FACTUAL.

Whoa.....drop me from your little false dichotomy. Politics isn't zero sum, and most of us actually didn't like either candidate. So don't try to trick me into defending Donald Trump's stupid hair.

I don't expect you to watch anyone. Especially the list of fools you just rattled off.

Ill look through the transcripts later. But put your sword away. Or, at the very least don't keep throwing petty political accusations around as if they were true.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's funny coming from the #1 wack job on tv! What would she know about reality? The liberal mentality is we want everything free, no rules and who cares about paying for all this stuff. Borders? We don't need no stickin borders. Her and many other liberals way of thinking is like riding in a barrel heading for Niagara falls and certain disaster. We finally have a chance to break the hold of the "good ole boys club". At least here on main st. things look much brighter.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would agree that both sides plays dirty politics

So the butt hurt is not about using dirty politics its that the Right played it better and won?

I'm open to being shown that the Left also uses fake news to spread disinfo to it's viewers/readers, but I've yet to see anything of substance.

Is it really shocking for you to acknowledge dirty politics and fake biased exaggerated news exist on both sides of the fence? Here is a another shocker for you as well, Bill clinton meeting on the Tarmac in secret with the Attorney general was probably not to talk about grandkids or golf , while Hillary was under criminal investigation by the FBI.

A 3 second youtube search reveals a gazillion videos of the left spreading disinfo or playing dirty politics like the right and having to apologize for it after getting caught.

Do you go to your safe place now and only think that the Right does it on purpose, while the left only makes mistakes?

One of my favourite which was so blantant and obvious that they had to immediately expose it as BS while live.

edit on 391231America/ChicagoWed, 14 Dec 2016 11:39:00 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You are forgetting the Wasserman Schultz as well.

So Rachel thinks that the stock market is real wealth. Rachel thinks that the changing of the way statistical employment was changed during the Obama admin to make it seem like everything was dandy is ok. Rachel thinks that when the government is concerned about inflation it seems to not consider high food prices as inflationary.

I guess the problem is that Rachel is a shill. She is a paid shill. She probably does pretty well for herself.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Alt-right people?? Your still doing that? LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: pavil

The left is in a Mandela effect where they still think they won the election. I'm surprised she didn't trot out the "All Trump voters are white supremecists" arguement as well. Soon they will start walking through all the stages of loss.

You do realize that he lost the popular vote, right? You know that? By nearly 3 million votes?

You do acknowledge that the Electoral College is right to ask for an inquiry and checking into the Russian hacking thing, right? Because if they kowtow to your ignorant pressure to just brush this all under the rug as though it didn't happen and then we are no longer even a sovereign nation, but an annex of Russia ----

after all of these thugs dismantle our government and put an end to elections altogether, we will be in a fascist state?

You know that, right?

Thanks for making my point for me. You do realize the Electoral Count is what matters in Presidential elections, Right?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I assume this is the facts you referred to? If so, my comments below:

* Unemployment: Under President Obama, job growth has been quite strong, and the unemployment rate has improved dramatically. PPP, however, found that 67% of Trump voters believe the unemployment rate went up under Obama – which is the exact opposite of reality.

I think the issue here is perception vs reality. People feel less well off than they did 8 years ago. The biggest factor is the nosedive our dollar has done in response to the doubling of our national debt, and the cash printing frenzy that resulted in. To be fair, the recession was caused through a bipartisan effort going back to NAFTA.

But the end result: corporate profits increased 166% while labor wages increased only 3.4%. [1]. This caused an increase of 3.5% of people living below the poverty line, and a 2.3% decrease in real median household income. [2]

The rich have gotten richer, the poor have stayed poor, and the middle class was pinched a little tighter. Meanwhile, the participation rate is dropping as fast as the value of our dollar.

* Stock Market: Since the president was elected, the stock market has soared, nearly tripling since the height of the Great Recession. PPP found that 39% of Trump voters believe the market has gone down under Obama – which is also the exact opposite of reality.

This is true. That said:

Americans who own homes: down 5.6 percent.
National debt — $10.63 trillion then vs. $19.19 trillion last Wednesday: up 80.5 percent.

[2]

Its easy to have a strong stock market when the government uses our tax dollars to pay for their royal screw ups. Again, to be fair Bush started this stupidity. Obama simply continued it.

* Popular Vote: As of this morning, Hillary Clinton received roughly 2.7 million more votes than Donald Trump, but PPP nevertheless found that 40% of Trump voters believe he won the popular vote – which is, once again, the exact opposite of reality.

Fake news circulating on FB got some folks. Not everyone is a genius, it seems. This is an irrelevant point, though.

* Voter Fraud: Even Trump’s lawyers concede there was no voter fraud in the presidential election, but PPP found that 60% of Trump voters apparently believe “millions” of illegal ballots were cast for Clinton in 2016 – which isn’t even close to resembling reality.

?

Again, an irrelevant point. People on ATS believe aliens come here to dissect cows without any proof. So what?

* Soros Conspiracy Theory: A whopping 73% of Trump voters believe George Soros is paying anti-Trump protesters – though in reality, George Soros is not paying anti-Trump protesters.

Again, relevance? So people believe in a conspiracy. You are on a conspiracy site. Are you really going to ridicule conspiracy theorists for having a conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamgar
94 million working age adults whom can't find a job and You say We are the ones living in a fake reality? I think You need to either grow up or wake up and deny the ignorance.

Your news sources let you down
The labor force participation rate has 94 million out of work, but the labor participation rate also counts retired people, disabled people, and people in school.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: eluryh22

Ok reldra. So the election was essentially split down the middle (with Clinton having a few percentage points higher in the popular vote). This means half the nation voted Trump so half the nation is raving lunatics? Seriously?

Tell me, what do you think of the half that voted for Hillary? Judging by the words of Trump supporters on these boards and my Facebook feed, they don't think very highly of them.

Why the double standard?

I think that, as with many Trump voters, many Hillary voters voted for her thinking she was the lesser of two evils.

Of course, both sides have a fair share of maniacs who think THEIR candidate is pure as the driven snow.

Anyway, no double standard on my part.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
WOW!

I really don't understand the vitriol against Rachel Maddow.

IMO she has a unique voice, does her research, and usually throws some humor in.

Few commentators know their stuff as well as she does.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Well that explains a lot of your post....

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

When she talks, she looks like she is sucking on a lemon. She delivers whatever she is saying (which tends to be insulting to someone not in her audience) with a sneer. In my life i've interacted with people that she reminds me very, very, very much of. The facial expressions, the mannerisms....spitting image. And I loathe those people.

She may very well be the nicest lady in the world, and just the victim of having this face that looks like that. It happens. But based on my experiences with others, its impossible for me to imagine how I could be in the same room with her without having to leave.

I don't know if she can help it, but reminding me of this dude (the image, not the person who uses it as an avatar) isnt helping:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Frankly, I have been in awe of his supporters for a while now. Within my own family. I have described it as feeling like they are in a trance or have been hypnotized into some strange beliefs. I asked many of christian persuasion how could they get past Trump's behavior, they all said basically 'don't worry, it's the end of times, and we are helping usher it in', of course they didn't all use those exact words, but this sums it up. When questioned of how they feel about their grandchildren or children being a part of these times, they would become defensive and defend that it is God's will. Then there are the 'rednecks', they don't like blacks or muslims or really anyone that is not white, so they eat up whatever Trump says. It doesn't matter to them if there is proof of anything, or what he says or does. But since the election year they have amped up what they will say or do in public, again, like something has changed and they don't keep their thoughts behind closed doors anymore. On the internet? INSANITY. I know it has been said and said, but you cannot discuss Trump with a Trump supporter, it is met every single time with either Hillary, Obama, a bevy of fake news they believe, never any real sense or reality pertaining to Trump himself. No facts, just support, again, it feels like they are under a spell or hypnotized, something along those lines. It is pretty damn weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I live in the reality where Trump won the election...with a total of 306 electoral college votes..

In my reality the affordable care act will be gone in a few months, taxes will decrease for my wife and I (who are both corps from 35% to %15), a wall will be built to block the hoardes of uneducated aliens from flooding into my great country, and we will begin opening refineries to deal with the oil from America's MASSIVE oil fields heretonow off limits from a soon to be dismantled EPA...

What did I miss? Oh yeah, Obama and his leftist policies will be completed obliterated from the history books and he will be reduced to a parentheses in American history...

Betcha my reality is more realistic than Maddows...I'd actually bet but I don't gamble... This is a perfect example of the alternate reality, the denial.

-Chris

edit on 14-12-2016 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2016 by MayRenee because: This is a perfect example of the alternate reality, the denial and refusal to accept the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join