It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

This isn't the first time though that you have made blanket statements about essentially everyone that didn't vote the way you did.

Edit to add: If your post didn't accurately reflect what the video asserts.... that's really something that you may want to consider working on.

Nope! If you WATCH IT, you'll see that Rachel shows actual graphs of the percentages of people who voted for Trump who ALSO believe lies.

A full 40% don't even believe that he LOST the popular vote (false), and if they admit he DID LOSE, they think that "illegals" voting cost him the popular vote (false).
And, nearly EVERYONE who didn't vote for him thinks he should release his tax statements. But 59% of his voters say he shouldn't.
Also they believe that unemployment went UP with Obama (false).
Likewise, they think the stock market tanked under Obama (false - it's higher now than it's ever been).

* Unemployment: Under President Obama, job growth has been quite strong, and the unemployment rate has improved dramatically. PPP, however, found that 67% of Trump voters believe the unemployment rate went up under Obama – which is the exact opposite of reality.

* Stock Market: Since the president was elected, the stock market has soared, nearly tripling since the height of the Great Recession. PPP found that 39% of Trump voters believe the market has gone down under Obama – which is also the exact opposite of reality.

* Popular Vote: As of this morning, Hillary Clinton received roughly 2.7 million more votes than Donald Trump, but PPP nevertheless found that 40% of Trump voters believe he won the popular vote – which is, once again, the exact opposite of reality.

* Voter Fraud: Even Trump’s lawyers concede there was no voter fraud in the presidential election, but PPP found that 60% of Trump voters apparently believe “millions” of illegal ballots were cast for Clinton in 2016 – which isn’t even close to resembling reality.

* Soros Conspiracy Theory: A whopping 73% of Trump voters believe George Soros is paying anti-Trump protesters – though in reality, George Soros is not paying anti-Trump protesters.

We are, in other words, looking at a political landscape in which much of the president-elect’s core base appears to be living in an alternate reality.

Trump voters' misperceptions

Own it.

edit on 12/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This topic just filled with folks who live in mentioned virtual reality...

Kind of sad that ATS is filled with people who like to be misinformed, and are against site motto - deny ignorance...

Not to forget some posts that are laughable...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Anti-Trump groups to protest Electoral College, urging it to change the vote
Electors Against Trump Are Faithful Not Faithless
Electors Call for Intelligence Briefing on Russian Hacking Allegations

The problem with this, is that it is looking at one small subset of Trump supporters and painting them all with the same brush. But they leave out the part about the left willing to risk civil war just to get their way, tantrum much?
It also leaves out all of the Trump supporters who do not fit into that category....the majority of Trump supporters.

But go ahead and sit on your high horse....just don't be surprised if the fall hurts.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

My job is statistics and accounting. I've done this type of work for upwards of 20 years. One thing I can tell you: figures don't lie. But liars can figure.

The ways to use data and graphs to create an illusion of effect when there is none are wide and varied.

I can't be bothered to look at the actual presentation, mostly because I seriously just cannot stand looking at or hearing her. However, if my point here is contested, Ill do so. And will point out at least a few sleight of hands used by people who are uneducated in statistics.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Ok reldra. So the election was essentially split down the middle (with Clinton having a few percentage points higher in the popular vote). This means half the nation voted Trump so half the nation is raving lunatics? Seriously?

Tell me, what do you think of the half that voted for Hillary? Judging by the words of Trump supporters on these boards and my Facebook feed, they don't think very highly of them.

Why the double standard?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reldra, the only person living in an alternate reality is you and racheal, I saw her reaction during the elections and trust me, her tears were delicious.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The left is in a Mandela effect where they still think they won the election. I'm surprised she didn't trot out the "All Trump voters are white supremecists" arguement as well. Soon they will start walking through all the stages of loss.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Reldra, the only person living in an alternate reality is you and racheal, I saw her reaction during the elections and trust me, her tears were delicious.

I'm ok with living in an alternate reality from someone who thinks that a good candidate for POTUS is one who is under criminal investigations by the FBI and has her hubby meet with the attorney general to bail her out in secret.

I'm ok with living in an alternate reality from someone who thinks that’s its good to bully people who they disagree with when it comes to politics, by publicly shamming them and labelling them as as racist,sexist, deplorable human beings.

I'm ok with living in an alternate reality from someone who thinks only the Other side plays dirty politics or is responsible for everything and doing all the fake news.

It sounds like to me they are not even living in alternate reality , but rather and alternate fairy tale.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

what are you talking about? These statistics were compiled by the Public Policy Poll or something like that.
What the hell do your links about Electors have to do with anything?

They can still decide not to vote for him. RUSSIA DID INFLUENCE THE ELECTION. You can pretend they didn't all you like, but you'll still be wrong every time you say it. ALL of the intelligence agencies have said it. Try stepping outside of this warped echo chamber of fiction and exposing your grey matter to TRUTH.

You all are terrified that the E.C. could still deny him the post. And if Russia DID (which they did) HACK both the RNC and DNC, but ONLY RELEASED WITH THEY GOT ON THE DNC, that is enough to call it a mis-election. A do over.

IT IS FACT. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN. The hackers were CAUGHT red-handed. It's real. It isn't pretend. What's pretend is Trump's ability to be a world leader with any respect from anyone....and his voters' beliefs. It's pretend.

edit on 12/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Whole topic idea is that for trump's supporters data and facts really does not mean anything, thank you for proving both Rachel and reldra.

Well done!

edit on 14-12-2016 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh. I see. Well, mr texan guy who can't be bothered....
you just "saying" you know that statistics can be rigged to look however a person wants is not news. I know that, too, having an education in research and statistics. I know all about skewing results to show one's preferred stats.

Not even going to check it out? That's lame. PROVE it's a lie. Convince me.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The left is in a Mandela effect where they still think they won the election. I'm surprised she didn't trot out the "All Trump voters are white supremecists" arguement as well. Soon they will start walking through all the stages of loss.

You do realize that he lost the popular vote, right? You know that? By nearly 3 million votes?

You do acknowledge that the Electoral College is right to ask for an inquiry and checking into the Russian hacking thing, right? Because if they kowtow to your ignorant pressure to just brush this all under the rug as though it didn't happen and then we are no longer even a sovereign nation, but an annex of Russia ----

after all of these thugs dismantle our government and put an end to elections altogether, we will be in a fascist state?

You know that, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
How unusual a short haired deranged feminist spouting drivel.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Again deflecting about what is the Topic. Are you thinking that if you say that enough times it may come true? Your deflection about the topic is what is off topic.

Again, this had nothing to do with Hillary.

The Topic is a Biased hit piece that thinks only Fake news exists on the right or that the right fake news is somehow worse and only Hillary got dealt a raw deal.

I've asked for proof of fake news from the Left and no one has obliged. Show me a site where Leftist news is simply made out of thin air, with the intent of swaying Leftist voters.

The left has done just as many hit pieces on Trump and labelled him as some Kitty Kat Grabbing KKK member whos best buddies with Putin.

Grabbing kitty kats came from Trump's own mouth, ties to Russia at this point are a possibility and I've not seen anyone say he was a KKK member. That's just hyperbole from you.

Well I gave your three links: wikileaks which exposed Hillary campaign directly working with the MSM and CNN and MSNBC who are as biased as foxnews and has generated numerous fake news.

What fake news is that? Do you have a link to that fake news?

It is not my problem that your hypocrisy when it comes to laziness prevents you from searching or even acknowledge what has been demonstrated time and time again and that only someone in living Mars would think its shocking that MSNBC or CNN is the equivalent of Fox news for the left.

What hypocrisy? I've only stated that there is a difference between bias, lies and outright fabrication. I've yet to see any Left fake news, but I'm open to someone proving that.

Again the Fake news is and was irrelevant of anything because both sides did the same thing.

So far that appears to be incorrect. Your handy google search gives a nice long list of Right Wing sites that would be part of that fake news fiasco. No Leftist fake news sites on the list.

The funny thing is that I don't trust trump nor voted for trump, but every interaction with a Hillary supporters does the impossible for me and makes me appreciate him winning. LOL

I'm not a Hillary supporter. You assume too much.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As someone who did not have a horse in this race (my candidate lost by about 65,000,000 votes, but who's counting?) I can say that the abject partisan nuttiness is kind of comical.

It is neither the end of the world or the beginning of a new one. The status quo will remain mostly unchanged and life in America will go on. Try the decaf.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Oh. I see. Well, mr texan guy who can't be bothered....
you just "saying" you know that statistics can be rigged to look however a person wants is not news. I know that, too, having an education in research and statistics. I know all about skewing results to show one's preferred stats.

Not even going to check it out? That's lame. PROVE it's a lie. Convince me.

It would be much easier if Ms. Maddow didn't actually anger me just watching her talk. She quite literally reminds me of that scientist guy in bobaganoosh's avatar.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As someone who did not have a horse in this race (my candidate lost by about 65,000,000 votes, but who's counting?) I can say that the abject partisan nuttiness is kind of comical.

It is neither the end of the world or the beginning of a new one. The status quo will remain mostly unchanged and life in America will go on. Try the decaf.

Second that, LOL.

Its something of bewilderment to watch a rabid left supporter trying to discredit a right rabid supporter from their glass house and vice versa. Its like watching a comedian on stage failing miserably, its hard to watch but you can't look away.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Okay, then just LISTEN to it, or READ what she said. I provided a link to a transcript earlier.

And if you expect us to stomach Trump's face and tremendous words and fantastic words and stupid hair, then you can suck it up and listen to the other side. I can't stand Trump, or Cruz, or Ryan, and I know what you mean about it makes you cringe and throw up a little bit. But I did it anyway. Because it's important to hear both sides.

I can't do anything more than point you to links that back up her statements as FACTUAL.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We have reached a point of no value with our discussion.

Your bias is strong to think only the right plays dirty politics.
edit on 031231America/ChicagoWed, 14 Dec 2016 09:03:04 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

what are you talking about? These statistics were compiled by the Public Policy Poll or something like that.

From OPs source

Rachel started the segment by pointing out that President Obama’s overall approval rating is at 50%. However, while his favorability with Republicans is 9%, it is only 5% of Trump voters

Ummmmm, wasn't this already obvious? We voted agaist the status quo. BUT this simply shows that the base that voted for Trump (about 50%) are feed up. Duh! We've been saying this!!!! If he only has a 50% approval rating and about 50% voted for Trump.....you do understand math, right?

The stock market under President Obama soared. The Dow Jones Industrial average went from 7,949.09 to 19,614.91, again, up 11,665.72. In other words, it more than doubled. 39% of Trump voters think the stock market went down under Obama.

Are you denying that the stock market is at it's highest point in history? Or do those facts not matter?

Unemployment dropped from 7.8% to 4.6% during the Obama administration. Clinton, Johnson, Stein and other voters are well aware of that fact.

Do you understand how they come up with unemployment rates? If not you need to do some research. These numbers are badly skewed. Unemployment rate is 9.5%

Rachel continued.
•40% of Trump voters believe that Donald Trump won the popular vote.
•60% of Trump voters believe that millions voted illegally for Clinton.
•73% of Trump voters believe that George Soros paid Trump protesters.
•29% of Trump voters believe California vote should not be included in the popular vote

1. I know what the numbers are the popular vote are....I just don't care because they are irrelevant to the election
2. Without requiring voter ID, how can you prove that illegals didn't vote in our election?
3. It has been proven time and time again just on ATS that Soros DID pay protesters...are you really denying this?
4. No one says that the CA vote should not be counted.....it should just not be allowed to be the only one making a decision...which is why we have an electoral college.

Now, as to the links in my last post....it was to show just how far the left is willing to take this.

Maybe you are the one who needs to Own It!

Deny Ignorance or continue to look like a fool!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join