It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: USA Now a Hatchling Parliamentary Monarchy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What? "Wrong"? I did not say we are a full-fledged Monarchy.

I said that we are on that road and it is a very possible outcome/destination.

And we are.

We could still change the course of history, but right now there is nothing "wrong" with what I am thinking is going to happen. Every circumstance to make it happen is present.

It's the perfect storm.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There is Only One Little Problem with your Theorizing there , the Constitution and the Bill of Rights . They would somehow have to be Disappeared First in order for this Imaginary Future America of Yours to even be Considered a Possibility .

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You think it's beyond possible that Trump will try to do that?

He's already threatening to jail and strip the citizenship of anyone who burns the flag.
He wants to start registering people according to their religion.

You don't think the Constitution is fragile? Well....it is. It is not any more 'binding' than any other ancient agreement or treaty. The Standing Rock Tribe right now is an example of how the "treaties" can be ignored. Likewise the "constitution" can be thrown out.

????

I understand you believe it (the Constitution's destruction) is beyond comprehension. You cannot even begin to conceive of the possibility that anyone could do that....you want to hang on to the notion that "the Constitution" is really inviolable, irrevocable, etched into granite, and beyond corruption or negligence. But think for a minute. It was written almost 250 years ago. It has been AMENDED numerous times (double-digits times)....some amendments have been repealed. Some have been squashed, stuck fast,devoured, drowned, vaporized, abandoned, and otherwise not survived to see the day they were able to produce viable fruit.

So. Don't be so sure of that. The Great Libraries and the World Heritage Sites and Ancient Historical Documents are all vulnerable.

Just -- think about it. For a day.

Maybe I'm just full of snip; a lily-livered, sniveling, bleeding-heart, idealistic, ninny mcmuffinhead! A poopybottomus pollyannicus snowflakey freak. Or maybe not.

Maybe I'm right.

edit on 12/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Got you, you don't like Trump, well get in line with all the Hillary sad followers.

I am sure that he will become the Anti Christ in a few more weeks.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I submit we are already a monarchy.

Our current Mr. President has expanded the prerogative of the executive branch to such a degree that he is a fitting comparison to King Henry VIII.

I submit that a functioning Supreme Court would represent a more robust check on his authority, so he notably has not made a recess appointment to fill Justice Scalia's seat. Yes, Congress is delinquent for not holding confirmation hearings. President Obama has used Executive Order maneuvers in any number of other ways... why not appoint Mr. Garland as a recess appointment? Similarly, King Henry notoriously banished any advisor that didn't support his increasingly desparate search for a Queen who could bear live sons. There was a truly astonishing level of legal and religious contortions required to keep him in living wives.

I submit that the disaster that is the ACA is analagous to King Henry's establishment of the Church of England as an arm of the State, rather than answerable to the Pope in Rome.

Good thinking, Buzzy, I can't really disagree with you, except the transition didn't start with Trump.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Your fear mongering is not healthy and maybe you need to take a break and find yourself before you stress yourself to much.

And no I'm not trying to funny just concerned.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
NO.
He is a business man and his chaotic picks aren't politically readable...maybe CHINA should start sweating...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm not a fan of Hillary's either, marg. I wish everyone would get that point. I'm not a Hillary fan.
I wanted Bernie. My next choice would have been McMullin.

I think this whole thing would have been wildly and spectacularly different if it had been Bernie vs Trump. It would have been an entirely different set of social unrest.

But we have what we have. And it might stick the landing...but there is no guarantee.

Maybe. For now. For now it seems that the Electoral College will do their masters' bidding. But see, they don't really HAVE TO. They have some free will in this.

And also, see - she actually got more votes just going on individual vote counts. And the last time that happened was in recent memory. And G W Bush got elected by the "college" but Al Gore got elected by the "voters." See - those of us who have lived here all our lives, who remember when JFK was shot --- remember seeing it on TV ---- we also remember seeing the moon landing. We remember seeing films from Vietnam. We remember.

Just like the Millennials now remember 9/11. This is not the same "America" it was during the post-war boom. The Boomers did go through some crap.....and now we are watching our own kids go through equally heavy crap.

So. Do not presume to know what I have lived through, what I know first hand, and how much I have or don't have to offer. Stop the hating.

We are where we are. Trump and Hillary both notwithstanding, we are ---- RIGHT NOW --- the U.S is IN CRISIS. ALL OF US. Even Trump and Hillary are in crisis.

So please stop the assault mode, and just think.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It's not outrageous, nor is it anything but my opinion. Please do fact-check yourself. And if you can't find the back-up that you need, then concede that it is merely your opinion that it is "ludicrous." I see no real reason to say it is ludicrous. I have every educated reason to say we are headed that way.

Except that it is just your opinion.

It can go either way at this point, Trump would have to spend a lot of time revoking past presidential executive orders and erode the massive consolidation of power the Executive branch has obtained over the years. Even if America became a parliamentary monarchy, we wouldn't know it, we wouldn't know if he chose the policy decision from all the information available, or if it was chosen for him.

I'm not sure what you are getting at really, Trump should not be in control of every aspect of society, it is too large for one person to run and I don't like dictatorships. Also, the monarchs in parliament are elected by the people, and we have more say than one day during elections, it's just not really talked about because politicians do not want people to know it.

It is entirely possible we become some form of monarchy, it has been moving that way over the past 30 years with the Bush and Clinton dynasties, and now possibly being finalized with the 10,000 year reign of the Trump dynasty. The lefts tendency towards aristocratic rule is concerning, but as with history, the blood-line doesn't last forever.

I'm not sure if Trump will be easily controlled, if it is as you say, he'll wind up like JFK. Good ol' Camelot.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Don't trouble yourself. I don't need your patronizing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Don't trouble yourself. I don't need your patronizing.

Enjoy your unwarranted paranoia.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

" You think it's beyond possible that Trump will try to do that?

He's already threatening to jail and strip the citizenship of anyone who burns the flag. "

That was his Own Personal Opinion , Wishful Thinking knowing the Constitution Protects it's Citizens Right to Protest in such a Manner , but I Still Commend him for his Disgust for such a Disrepectfull Act . Why is the Expression of American Patriotism and the Love of ones Country and Flag So Distasteful to some People in this Country ?

" He wants to start registering people according to their religion. "

Only Islam in Particular because of the Radical Terroristic Members in it's Communities who Have Killed Many American Citizens in the Past . A Prudent Way to Prevent further Acts of Terrorism by the Few Radical Believers in that Faith , and has Nothing to Do with the Religion itself .

Here is Another Example of what Some Misguided People of that Faith are Willing to do Blinded by the Perversion that Misinterprets their Prophets Teachings ...

" Female suicide bomber uses 3 children as decoy then blows herself up in new low for ISIS "

www.mirror.co.uk...

So you see , you are Blinded by you Obvious Predjuces Towards a Man you View as a Symbol of what you Think is Defined as Unjust .
edit on 3-12-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How is it, people, that Oakland, and part of Tennessee, and Boston are ALL ON FIRE? HOW IS IT that Chicago is coming unglued, and New York is exploding?

HOW is that happening? How is it happening that first-tribes native americans are being tased and tear-gassed and hit in the face with rubber bullets because they don't want their land polluted?

HOW is it okay that churches are being burned down? That people are driving their vehicles into crowds and killing dozens? The Boston bombing wasn't enough? You want to see even more of this?

And you all have the unmitigated and unabashed shamelessness to say this is all "good"? That things are going to be "better"?

WTF is "fine" about this picture, people? There is nothing FINE - or NORMAL - about this. And all the attempts in the world to "normalize" it will not succeed in normalizing it. Because THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

you haven't got a clue. there's something in your eye, btw.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Except that it is just your opinion.

Yes. I SAID IT IS MY OPINION.
I said that I have every educated reason to say we are headed that way. I have every educated reason to have that opinion.

So -- yes. There's no "except" about it. I said it was only my opinion. That it is my educated and sane opinion.

You needed to attack that --- why? My opinion is not adequate or capable of even existing?

It is my opinion.
I'm not seven, and I'm not retarded. I'm not even 22 and a Millennial and fresh out of college! I'm not black, I'm not homeless or hungry, or domestically abused. I'm not on disability or social security (yet). I have insurance, so i'm not at the mercy of those who deign to "give" when the plate comes around.

I'm not anyone except who I am, with my own perspective. And opinion. I'm just myself. I don't have to justify myself to anyone. I'm just stating my opinion, and holding it out there as my opinion.

If that's okay with you. Except.....oh wait. I don't care if it's not okay with you.
So.

Oh - I see, okay. You agree maybe kinda except that it's only my opinion and just my opinion except for it's just my opinion and you kinda can see it. As an opinion.

I have an opinion. That I made a thread about.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
its not haves and have nots. Its rural vs urban. And it'll only get worse.

A better parallel is the civil war, minus slavery.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It is what they wanted all along
We have gone back in time

The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries

David Rockefeller

Translation: Only the elite should have a say in the countries direction
We are back in time now where there are only nobles and surfs

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, the civil war is upon us -- as is the world war. There are numerous and deadly "civil wars" going on at the moment on this planet. Combined, they make a "world war". In my opinion.

A new "world war" is not going to look like the first or the second (in modern world history). It is going to be its own beast entirely.
What I see unfolding is civil war on many fronts ---- and a world war smoldering underneath it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

It is what they wanted all along
We have gone back in time

The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries

David Rockefeller

Translation: Only the elite should have a say in the countries direction
We are back in time now where there are only nobles and surfs

Only the very wealthy like Kings and Queens of old should have a say

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
How is it, people, that Oakland, and part of Tennessee, and Boston are ALL ON FIRE? HOW IS IT that Chicago is coming unglued, and New York is exploding?

HOW is that happening? How is it happening that first-tribes native americans are being tased and tear-gassed and hit in the face with rubber bullets because they don't want their land polluted?

HOW is it okay that churches are being burned down? That people are driving their vehicles into crowds and killing dozens? The Boston bombing wasn't enough? You want to see even more of this?

And you all have the unmitigated and unabashed shamelessness to say this is all "good"? That things are going to be "better"?

WTF is "fine" about this picture, people? There is nothing FINE - or NORMAL - about this. And all the attempts in the world to "normalize" it will not succeed in normalizing it. Because THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

Wtf are you even going on about? This is what I was talking about with losing it.

Reread what you posted in the quote and tell me that is not unhealthy, nobody thinks any of those things are A-ok and if anyone is to blame it's the current potus so please slow down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join