It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: USA Now a Hatchling Parliamentary Monarchy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

EXACTLY!!

We are NOW --- FIVE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. We are now the same as we were 500 years ago.

We are 500 years ago all over again. A cycle. It's just a real shame that more people aren't able to see that. And I'm not even talking about the Roman Empire, or the British Empire, or the Ottoman Empire or Chinese Empire!!

I'm talking about the last 500 years.
We just keep doing the same stuff over and over again, but with new outfits.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

We are NOW --- FIVE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. We are now the same as we were 500 years ago.

Not even close.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

My being aware of what's going on does not make those things fiction. They are going on.

Trump is the president elect. This is all happening.

It is fact.

It is not healthy, you are correct. The situation is not healthy for any of us.
I see it for what it is. Unhealthy. So please stop trying to make it some sort of pitiable nervous liberal breakdown or delusion on my part. It is not delusion. It isn't even nail-biting.

It is really happening.

In Real Life. This is real news. It is happening.
edit on 12/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You know I been a voter since 1978, I have seen a few elections come and go, I have seen my chosen candidate lose and others win, I also have seen how people react to lost, is always the same tune, the electoral college is bad, the electoral college is good. The world is going to end, US is going to end.

But the new candidates come and go and we are in the same crap as before and even worst.

Now this time the lost to Trump has become a vicious trend that I am afraid it will not stop with the next election and will only get worst no matter what candidate wins.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It is really happening.

Of course you mean in your opinion, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Dude, you know that you and I have nothing to say to one another that is productive.
Yes. It is my opinion. My educated, clear-eyed opinion.

You don't have to like it. I can only hope you might attempt to understand it.
Beyond that: good night, farewell, and godspeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
The US has been a corporatist oligarchy for the last 30 or so years.

This ^

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Dude, you know that you and I have nothing to say to one another that is productive.
Yes. It is my opinion. My educated, clear-eyed opinion.

You don't have to like it. I can only hope you might attempt to understand it.
Beyond that: good night, farewell, and godspeed.

Sorry buzzy but there is nothing to understand in your strange opinion, we are not 500 years ago nor will we ever be unless Mother Nature decides to hit the reset button.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Too many God Emperor memes? They were always fun and apparently effective, but does the Left really think we were serious about that? It looks like some do.

I don't know what is going to happen with President Trump. I never thought he had anything but the slimmest of chances of really improving things for the people i care about. I thought Hillary had a near zero chance of improving the lives of the people i care about.

Trump will be lucky not to be impeached when he pisses off the GOP bad enough. They'll have no problem getting Democrats to join in. The Pence pick is great because Uber liberals may not join in making Arch Conservative Pence POTUS.

I'm really starting to worry about some of my liberal friends. Not just here but everywhere. They coined the term Obama Derangement Syndrome for some conservatives a few years ago. I'm no clinician, but the diagnosis seems similar. Like legionnaires disease is still called legionnaires ODS should retain the name it was given when first identified. I would suggest treating it the same way ODS sufferers on the Right did. Political activity and willingness to turn aside from establishment politicians until a new paradigm is realized.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Sorry if I offended you, but it is still just your opinion, however well-informed it may be.

We have progressed exponentially in several ways since the 1500s, the level of technology is unparalleled. Our culture does stem from the past, our system of government is based on Roman Law which was what the British based their legal system on, and eventually America's.

Evolution is a slow and steady progression, it has pitfalls and setbacks, and a few thousand years might not seem like much has changed.

The whole idea behind this election setting us in the past, is somewhat silly in my opinion. America had to evolve in order to defeat Nazi Germany, there was no police state 500 years ago, no military industrial complex, or mass media propaganda infrastructure. Some things are tried and true, bread and circus was not invented 500 years ago, the welfare state of Rome contributed to its' collapse; requiring ever expanding warfare and gobbling up everyone else's resources to feed the unsustainable progressive urban centers, much like today. In that sense, we are now 2000 years ago, or a million if you are to view things in terms of the law of the jungle where only the strongest and most cunning thrive.

You are making an assumption, that could have a chance of being right, that the Trump name will become some kind of generational figurehead, that we no longer elect 'the king' and the Congress controls everything.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

For the most part, the west is facing a surge in conservative nationalism/protectionism. Which is to be expected within Strauss-Howe.

In another 15 years or so this will lead to another era of prosperity and general progress. Then 20 years later entropy will begin to unravel it.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

We have entered The Twilight Zone
Just remember to think happy thoughts,
because It's a Good Life

As Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist 22, “One of the weak sides of republics, among their numerous advantages, is that they afford too easy an inlet to foreign corruption.”

The answer to this question was written into Article I, Section 9, Clause 8: the Emoluments Clause. It is a very broad and clear statement against the foreign corruption of U.S. government and military officials:

“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”
What Is The Emoluments Clause And How Does It Apply To Donald Trump?

No problem, the solution to keeping (as opposed to impeaching) a President who is uniquely qualified to Make America Great Again is spelled out, "Consent of Congress".
---------
Joint Congressional Making America Great Again Bill

Any President, having run upon the platform of Making America Great Again is hereby authorized by both houses of Congress to accept any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

This authorization by the Congress shall extend also to heirs, business partners, and any person or corporation designated by the President.

Addendum: No necessary qualification for cabinet positions, such as civilian control of Department of Defense, shall hamper the choosing by the President, as long as Making America Great Again is the reason stated for otherwise disqualified persons.

Happy thoughts and statements will keep the President happy. Only a happy President can Make America Great Again.
--------------

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

there is only a world war if you want one.

in no way, with the tech we have now will there be a world war.

If any leader has a son or daughter, there will NOT be a world war.

we can eliminate the end , by eliminating Nth Korea, that is the worlds only threat at this point in time, the rest is chest thumping BS.

Everyone just needs to settle down,

Imagine if America took its dirty lil fingers out of everyone elses pie..... just imagine what life would be like.

Just think about that.......

Being an American based website, with all the banshees screaming OH NO, just imagine if your miltary just frigged the right off.....

then find tension....... you white friggin war munging tragics, if you just took a year off , imagine how the word might be.

King for a day, Fool for a lifetime should be USA's mantra.... cause for the 38 yrs ive been alive, you tards have been the school yard bullies.

I am speaking for myself and, to be honest, most of the rest of the world... just F off...

Lets try it and see

I know i'm on to some thing here.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why do you think a "World War" is only considered when ordnance is destroying bodies and buildings with bombs?

We ARE in a world war, one that is moving in slo-mo, and started with 9/11, and Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld invading the Middle East. I wanted the US to not get involved to begin with.

You're yelling at the wrong person. There are other types of "wars" - biological, emotional, rhetorical, infrastructural, psychological, genocidal by torture, starvation, or exile.

The world is at war every day now - like a pressure cooker. When the valve opens up and some of the steam erupts, we see how awful things are inside. Keeping the lid on is the job of humanity right now.

Otherwise, your post was rude and uncalled for. I already have said more than once there will not be a "nuclear war." NO ONE wants that. It won't happen. But sons and daughters are being sent to fight wars every day on this planet.

The seeming interminable ugliness and havoc wreaking of humanity will eventually either outgrow its savagery, or will suicide, leaving the planet's other inhabitants to reign supreme.

In only a thousand years, all evidence of our existence will be buried or submerged, probably never to be found again.
When that is the possibility every day, when if the "grid goes down" we are all screwed, when there are no more freighters or planes.....and we have to make do with what we have right now....
people are going to start dying.

The smarter, more cooperative ones who have considered how to protect themselves (and that includes fleeing into the wilderness) will survive. The ones with skills, especially in groups of like-minded, collective-focused for the benefit of ALL WE SEE will prevail.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Why do you think a "World War" is only considered when ordnance is destroying bodies and buildings with bombs?

We ARE in a world war, one that is moving in slo-mo, and started with 9/11, and Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld invading the Middle East. I wanted the US to not get involved to begin with.

You're yelling at the wrong person. There are other types of "wars" - biological, emotional, rhetorical, infrastructural, psychological, genocidal by torture, starvation, or exile.

The world is at war every day now - like a pressure cooker. When the valve opens up and some of the steam erupts, we see how awful things are inside. Keeping the lid on is the job of humanity right now.

Otherwise, your post was rude and uncalled for. I already have said more than once there will not be a "nuclear war." NO ONE wants that. It won't happen. But sons and daughters are being sent to fight wars every day on this planet.

The seeming interminable ugliness and havoc wreaking of humanity will eventually either outgrow its savagery, or will suicide, leaving the planet's other inhabitants to reign supreme.

In only a thousand years, all evidence of our existence will be buried or submerged, probably never to be found again.
When that is the possibility every day, when if the "grid goes down" we are all screwed, when there are no more freighters or planes.....and we have to make do with what we have right now....
people are going to start dying.

The smarter, more cooperative ones who have considered how to protect themselves (and that includes fleeing into the wilderness) will survive. The ones with skills, especially in groups of like-minded, collective-focused for the benefit of ALL WE SEE will prevail.

You are starting to sound like Kanye.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

...and New York is exploding?

New York City is perfectly fine, I was just there yesterday and there was nary a protestor or anything of an explosive nature to be seen.

I have to assume they went home to apply a certain preparation to the rectal discomfort they had experienced post-election.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
????

Whatever the hell that means. I've never listened to a word he said, and I only know that he is some also-ran loser married to a Kardashian with brains in her large butt instead of between her vapid ears. Assuming they deserve each other, all is well with their world. That you know anything about how they "sound" or what they "say" is testimony to the ignorance and depravity of the sources you seek out for your daily brain function to continue.

So, your glib insult is utterly wasted on me, as are all of the things you ever type to me. I'm entitled to my opinion as a social scientist. You are entitled to yours. Now, I'm sure Kanye and Kim will be happy to have you over for dinner. I wouldn't give either of them a second glance. Stop trolling.
edit on 12/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

This will be the final time I ever respond to you. Just so you know. Ta.

edit on 12/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So, your glib insult is utterly wasted on me, as are all of the things you ever type to me. I'm entitled to my opinion as a social scientist. You are entitled to yours. Now, I'm sure Kanye and Kim will be happy to have you over for dinner. I wouldn't give either of them a second glance. Stop trolling.

I'm not trolling I'm just offering my opinion on your fear mongering and it worries me, after the election you have talked about how scared you are to drive through your state and now you are talking about how we are 500 years ago and how we are in a world war right now, like I said it's not heathy.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I don't think he'd be so awful....I used to think it was scary to imagine him with world leaders...but now I think he'd actually be serious and effective.

Remember when you said that?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

soon to be a full-fledged Kingdom

I've been saying this for years and no one listens.

One of our top Universities did a study of our government and concluded we are now an oligarchy, not a democracy.

If your last name if Trump or Bush or Cinton or Romney you can be a ruler and never have to work again, unlike the rest of us who have to work more and more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join