It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson Joins Donald Trump Administration as HUD Secretary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ben Carson is in...great news.
He will head up Housing and Urban development.

His facebook statement

Winning the presidential election was only the first step for those who love traditional America and do not wish to fundamentally change it. Now the hard work begins of restoring the values that made us great. We must bring back the compassion and the unity that empowers us and banish the divisiveness that weakens us. After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone. We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid. An announcement is forthcoming about my role in helping to make America great again.

www.breitbart.com...

Trump's team is shaping up very nicely with some much needed diversity added to the group in the last 3 appointments.
edit on 23/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Didn't Carson say he didn't want to be apart of the administration because he's not qualified? Which is funny because he ran for president! That said, I agree with him, he's not qualified.

Why not find someone who has experience and will know how to lead this department instead of relying on cronyism?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What a racist.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You think Carson is not qualified because he is black?

That is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What? I never said that, you just do did though.

You should read my post again, slowly this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

You think Carson is not qualified because he is black?

That is disgusting.

The hell are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Didn't Carson say he didn't want to be apart of the administration because he's not qualified? Which is funny because he ran for president! That said, I agree with him, he's not qualified.

Why not find someone who has experience and will know how to lead this department instead of relying on cronyism?

Carson said he would only consider a role where he felt he could contribute. That's pretty honest, so I can only assume he feels he has a lot to offer here.

I think it's a great pick. He'll also not pander to any hate group like BLM as he looks to work to rebuild inner cities.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to head HUD but it sure as hell doesN't hurt.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well yeah, he was being honest when he said he doesn't have the background to run a department of the gov't. All the sudden he changes his mind and thinks he can do it, housing no less? What does he know about housing? He's only getting the position because of cronyism and unless you love giving friends who zero qualifications management positions I don't know why he's a great pick.
edit on 23-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What are you talking about? What do you know about HUD and running it? Oh right, nothing at all. All you're doing is attacking me and spewing hyperbole. Typical, really.

And don't think I will forget you tried to lie and paint me as a racist.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dr. Carson may be a brilliant surgeon but there is nothing about him that demonstrates an ability to manage an organization with 9,000 employees and a budget of over 32 billion (yeah, with a B) dollars. His degrees are in
Psychology and medicine. Ideology is no substitute for education and experience. His departmental budget as head of pediatric neurosurgery is one one thousandth of the HUD budget. He is destined to fail spectacularly.
edit on 23-11-2016 by F4guy because: lack of proofreadinf skills

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well yeah, he was being honest when he said he doesn't have the background to run a department of the gov't. All the sudden he changes his mind and thinks he can do it, housing no less? What does he know about housing? He's only getting the position because of cronyism and unless you love giving friends who zero qualifications management positions I don't know why he's a great pick.

He just said he is able to contribute effectively in this role. Experience in politics is vastly over rated IMO. I'd much rather an intelligent person with with fresh ideas than a corrupt career politician. I mean, if someone had been doing the job effectively - ever - then there would not be as much of a mess. New blood is good. I actually think any politician with experience is someone you want to be careful of.
Perhaps you should wait to see what kind of job he does?

link   

What made current secretary more qualified than Carson?
edit on 23-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

link   

What? I never said that, you just do did though.

You should read my post again, slowly this time.

Nope you just don't like him because he's black.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Perhaps that's all part of the plan..........?

link   

What are you talking about? What do you know about HUD and running it? Oh right, nothing at all. All you're doing is attacking me and spewing hyperbole. Typical, really.

And don't think I will forget you tried to lie and paint me as a racist.

And what made Obama qualified to be president again? Oh yeah, nothing, nothing at all. Try to point that out though, and you're racist!

And believe me. The reaction you are getting is a good reminder that none of us has forgotten this treatment we received at all.

edit on 23-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Dr. Carson may be a brilliant surgeon but there is nothing about him that demonstrates an ability to manage an organization with 9,000 employees and a budget of over 32 billion (yeah, with a B) dollars. His degrees are in
Psychology and medicine. Ideology is no substitute for education and experience. His departmental budget as head of pediatric neurosurgery is one one thousandth of the HUC budget. He is destined to fail spectacularly.

We shall see.
Experience is not required - only a good mind.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Update: Ben Carson's spokesman says WSJ misquoted him, no decision made regarding HUD secretary post - The Hill

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

What made current secretary more qualified than Carson?

Interestingly, Julian Castro did have some experience. He made a pigs ear of the job as HUD, failing spectacularly all over the country.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Update: Ben Carson's spokesman says WSJ misquoted him, no decision made regarding HUD secretary post - The Hill

Damn WSJ = fake news again. They are as bad as the NYT and CNN.

The announcement above is on his facebook page, however:

www.facebook.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join