It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson Joins Donald Trump Administration as HUD Secretary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is funny to see the liberal elite claiming a black man who grew up poor, in an impovrished Detroit neighborhood, relying on governmnet assistance but still managed to become a top surgeon and presidential candidate, is not qualified to help others escape the cycle of poverty and serve as a role model to the millions of children living in HUD projects.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It is funny to see the liberal elite claiming a black man who grew up poor, in an impovrished Detroit neighborhood, relying on governmnet assistance but still managed to become a top surgeon and presidential candidate, is not qualified to help others escape the cycle of poverty and serve as a role model to the millions of children living in HUD projects.

Liberal elites do not like black people who escape the inner city plantations. They don't want people getting ideas that might affect their vote.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Swills

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to head HUD but it sure as hell doesN't hurt.

Erm. It's HUD, not HEAD!

HUD, aka Housing and Urban Development. It addresses infrastructure stuff, like community developments, sewers and water, hospital access, access to public schools, parks.

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business.
portal.hud.gov.../about/mission

Carson believes that the Egyptian pyramids were grain silos, for crying out loud!

Honestly, it's like Trump thinks he's playing "Monopoly", the board game, assigning playing pieces to his cronies! "Here, you be the Hat, you be the Iron, I get to be the Shoe!

Been Carson is NOT qualified to run the US Department of Housing and Urban Development! portal.hud.gov...

edit on 23-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: Swills

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to head HUD but it sure as hell doesN't hurt.

Erm. It's HUD, not HEAD!

HUD, aka Housing and Urban Development. It addresses infrastructure stuff, like community developments, sewers and water, hospital access, access to public schools, parks.

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business.
portal.hud.gov.../about/mission

Carson believes that the Egyptian pyramids were grain silos, for crying out loud!

Honestly, it's like Trump thinks he's playing "Monopoly", the board game, assigning playing pieces to his cronies! "Here, you be the Hat, you be the Iron, I get to be the Shoe!

Been Carson is NOT qualified to run the US Department of Housing and Urban Development!

Theories surrounding the Eqyptian pyramids abound, but I fail to see what the hell that has to do with anything.
As for NOT qualified, well, you don't get to make that judgement. The President elect and Congress do.

I am just glad a staunch conservative looks likely to get this role. So far all the picks are spot on.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yea because super liberal Democrats with all their experience have done such a great job over the years in the inner cities. Just look at Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, wow BEACONS OF HOPE!!!!

Time to let a successful outsider with humble beginnings who actually lived in poverty give it a go.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Theories surrounding the Eqyptian pyramids abound, but I fail to see what the hell that has to do with anything.

I fail to see how brain surgery makes a person qualified to negotiate sprawling community planning!

The Egyptians understood road ways, housing developments, shopping centers, food storage, water ways. Been Carson thinks Bible stories are real, and that God arranged for and taught a lost Hebrew slave boy pyramid architecture. That he was responsible for Egypt's metropolis, scoring the job after impressing a Pharaoh by interpreting his dream. Perhaps he thinks God will magically whisper up the experience he's going to need to run a department he has absolutely no experience or knowledge of.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I read a lot on US Politics and like Ben Carson, he will make good in that position i think. It's good your elections are over now,it was giving the entire world a headache

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Time to let a successful outsider with humble beginnings who actually lived in poverty give it a go.

Outsider? Is that what you call a brain surgeon that you hired to wire your electrical and plumb your bathroom? An outsider?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Erm. It's HUD, not HEAD!

And you still have to have a person "head" up that agency.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What are you talking about? What do you know about HUD and running it? Oh right, nothing at all. All you're doing is attacking me and spewing hyperbole. Typical, really.

And don't think I will forget you tried to lie and paint me as a racist.

And what made Obama qualified to be president again? Oh yeah, nothing, nothing at all. Try to point that out though, and you're racist!

And believe me. The reaction you are getting is a good reminder that none of us has forgotten this treatment we received at all.

I guess Trump is qualified because hes a billionaire or maybe his degrees in political science or his activism work or maybe the 20 years he did serving in the armed forces...

edit on 23-11-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I fail to see how brain surgery makes a person qualified to negotiate sprawling community planning!

The Egyptians understood road ways, housing developments, shopping centers, food storage, water ways. Been Carson thinks Bible stories are real, and that God arranged for and taught a lost Hebrew slave boy pyramid architecture. That he was responsible for Egypt's metropolis, scoring the job after impressing a Pharaoh by interpreting his dream. Perhaps he thinks God will magically whisper up the experience he's going to need to run a department he has absolutely no experience or knowledge of.

Carson is a religious man/ I think that is a plus point. It will guide him well as he undoes the morally bankrupt policies of the left.

I am sure a brain surgeon will have no difficulty at all understanding something mundane like community planning.

You failing to see his potential to do a good job was probably not on the list of considerations for offering him the job.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Outsider? Is that what you call a brain surgeon that you hired to wire your electrical and plumb your bathroom? An outsider?

LMFAO yes because Ben Carson will be going around in his new job as HUD director, wiring houses and repairing faulty plumbing.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Would it help you understand if we described Carson as a general contractor then? Organizing the resources needed for the areas that need them, including specialties. Or maybe an Doctor of emergency medicine - able to diagnose in order to get the appropriate expert involved.

As a member of law enforcement I have training in civil law, juvenile law as well as basic medical emergency responder certification. None of which are areas I deal with in the course my job as a municipal officer. it allows me to help identify the issue and to request the appropriate resources - IE people certified in those areas.

Your viewing of this is unusual and demonstrates single track thinking.
edit on 23-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

He might as well be. Brain surgery and housing/urban development, these two things are not the same.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Bet you wouldn't try to perform brain surgery tho!

Please look at the scope of his duties, should he accept this position, and then tell me he is qualified to oversee these projects.

portal.hud.gov...

(I'd cut and paste it here, but I can't cut and paste from a PDF)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Bet you wouldn't try to perform brain surgery tho!

Please look at the scope of his duties, should he accept this position, and then tell me he is qualified to oversee these projects.

portal.hud.gov...

(I'd cut and paste it here, but I can't cut and paste from a PDF)

So you think he is unqualified. Others don't. I think he is a great choice and nothing you say about experience is going to change that view because I think political experience is a negative.
So what is it you want?
You are not part of the decision making team so beyond disagreeing, what is it you are after exactly?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: F4guy

Dr. Carson may be a brilliant surgeon but there is nothing about him that demonstrates an ability to manage an organization with 9,000 employees and a budget of over 32 billion (yeah, with a B) dollars. His degrees are in
Psychology and medicine. Ideology is no substitute for education and experience. His departmental budget as head of pediatric neurosurgery is one one thousandth of the HUC budget. He is destined to fail spectacularly.

We shall see.
Experience is not required - only a good mind.
f

Brilliant people often make abominable managers. They have no experience in obtaining a goal using less brilliant people. They can have a very narrow focus. The ability to expertly excise a neuroblastoma doesn't necessarily translate into the ability to manage 9000 people.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Dr. Carson may be a brilliant surgeon but there is nothing about him that demonstrates an ability to manage an organization with 9,000 employees and a budget of over 32 billion (yeah, with a B) dollars. His degrees are in
Psychology and medicine. Ideology is no substitute for education and experience. His departmental budget as head of pediatric neurosurgery is one one thousandth of the HUC budget. He is destined to fail spectacularly.

We shall see.
Experience is not required - only a good mind.
f

Brilliant people often make abominable managers. They have no experience in obtaining a goal using less brilliant people. They can have a very narrow focus. The ability to expertly excise a neuroblastoma doesn't necessarily translate into the ability to manage 9000 people.

Yep and brilliant people often make great managers and administrators.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So what is it you want?

When Trump was campaigning, he promised to surround himself with, and fill powerful positions with the best and brightests in their prospective fields.

I want, no expect, Trump to find and hire someone to head up the US Department of Housing and Urban Development who has shown dedication, initiative and proven track record in the field in question! I want someone who knows their way around the real estate and grants, banking and loan laws, government bureaucracies, infrastructure contractors, community project developers, emergency and contingency plans, etc., that will hit the ground running on day one; not someone who has to trust people that he doesn't know to inform him on matters in which he's never involved or educated himself.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

He has at least been the top executive of a large business giving him much more leadership role experience and management experience than Obama ever had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join