It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson Joins Donald Trump Administration as HUD Secretary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thats why an agency that large has plenty of experts at the field level. A good boss would recognize that and allow them to do their jobs while supporting their efforts in any way he / she can.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A good boss would be educated in the field that they manage. That's Common Sense 101, and the least that we should expect from our leaders.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A good boss would be educated in the field that they manage. That's Common Sense 101, and the least that we should expect from our leaders.

A good boss would support those who work for him/her to ensure they have everything needed to do their jobs. You seem to not understand how management / chain of command works.

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief. He relies on those under him who are experts in their fields / branch of service to advise. Cabinet members are the same.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
From Carson himself...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief.

That's different. The military is supposed to be led by a civilian, The President, because the military obeys and answers to the people, supposedly. Besides, Donald Trump campaigned on the fact that, even though he has no experience, he would hire and surround himself with the best and brightest in the field.

I can't believe that I have to argue with Trump supporters over the concept, business wise and politically, of appointing professional people who are familiar with and have demonstrated competence the field that they are to manage!

I can't trust Ben Carson's judgement or ability to manage, as head of the US Government's Department of Housing and Urban Development any more than I can trust Donald Trump to surround himself with the best and brightest cabinet members to advise and consult on the issues important to the people's best interests.

Trump has demonstrated that he isn't interested in putting America first, as he pledged. He's interested in rewarding his cronies for supporting him by giving them control of choice leadership positions.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Did Ben Carson say something intelligent in that interview? If so, I missed it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief.

I can't believe that I have to argue with Trump supporters over the concept, business wise and politically, of appointing professional people who are familiar with and have demonstrated competence the field that they are to manage!

Why? Most Trump supporters like Ben Carson and are happy to see him in some role in the Administration. Trump has never held political office and yet he was elected president so why would we make a big deal about Ben Carson running HUD? Would he be better suited for something like Surgeon General? Probably. But like I said, most people like Ben Carson and are happy to see him have a role. Now if he fails miserably we can denounce him and criticize all day but I for one am going to give him a chance to do some good. If he believes he can make a difference and works hard at it, then I'm all for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It's not about Ben Carson. He's likable enough. It's about being serious about being leader of the American people, and putting America first by hiring and appointing the best and the brightest professional men and women in the fields in question! There's no logical argument that Carson is qualified for this appointment, that's going to put my mind at ease! The insane are running the asylum!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No its not different. We have had Presidents in the past who were former military so using your criteria they would be better qualified than Obama or Trump.

There is a difference you are ignoring when it comes to criteria to hold a job.

Department of Housing and Urban Development - Secretary

As you can clearly see its an administrative position that is required, by law, to have subject matter experts overseeing the specific sections who are subordinate to the Secretary.

His job is administrator and not subject matter employee.

Finally he still has not accepted last I saw from his spokesperson.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ben Carson has been confirmed today by the Trump transition team.
Great appointment.

nypost.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

A good boss would support those who work for him/her to ensure they have everything needed to do their jobs.

How would they know?

You seem to not understand how management / chain of command works.

What kind of experience does your Chief of Police have, I wonder?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Why did the good doctor Carson turn down the appointment as Secretary of Health and Human Services, a position that he is qualified for?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why did the good doctor Carson turn down the appointment as Secretary of Health and Human Services, a position that he is qualified for?

Who cares. He has a job to do now and it's as HUD secretary.
edit on 5/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yep, a job he is uniquely unqualified for!

So much for America First! It's Trump and his cronies first!

edit on 5-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Ben Carson is in...great news.
He will head up Housing and Urban development.

His facebook statement

Winning the presidential election was only the first step for those who love traditional America and do not wish to fundamentally change it. Now the hard work begins of restoring the values that made us great. We must bring back the compassion and the unity that empowers us and banish the divisiveness that weakens us. After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone. We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid. An announcement is forthcoming about my role in helping to make America great again.

www.breitbart.com...

Trump's team is shaping up very nicely with some much needed diversity added to the group in the last 3 appointments.
Not good. He has ZERO qualifications for this. More political cronyism.

A lot of people don't realize that the political appointment of none qualified political cronies is one of the major issues with our political system. Every day I have to deal with political appointees who don't have any expertise for their current job.

This thread hits home hard, because my office also works on housing and section 8.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Amen.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No its not different. We have had Presidents in the past who were former military so using your criteria they would be better qualified than Obama or Trump.

There is a difference you are ignoring when it comes to criteria to hold a job.

Department of Housing and Urban Development - Secretary

As you can clearly see its an administrative position that is required, by law, to have subject matter experts overseeing the specific sections who are subordinate to the Secretary.

His job is administrator and not subject matter employee.

Finally he still has not accepted last I saw from his spokesperson.
No, to be a good administrator for an agency that works on the very complicated world of housing and poverty, requires actual knowledge. Program design, program evaluation, who to hire under you, how to evaluate their work. All of this requires content area knowledge. Just like, I'm sure Carson would not be happy with a person with zero health care experience being in charge of big medical systems...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

And of all our HUD secretaries how many did grunt level work as Secretary?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

How is it shaping up nicely???

WTF does Carson know about "Housing and Development"???

He turned down the position of "Health and Human Services Dept." saying he didn't want that he wasn't qualified and takes the "Housing Dept." instead. But he's a damn Doctor meaning if anything he should have taken the other position which he's more qualified for which was the Health Dept.

This is your opinion of coming along nicely???

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

And of all our HUD secretaries how many did grunt level work as Secretary?
Can't lead something you don't know sh$t about. Sorry. This affects millions of people.if you cared about them, you'd respect them enough to want a qualified leader.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join