It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dr. Ben Carson Joins Donald Trump Administration as HUD Secretary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thats why an agency that large has plenty of experts at the field level. A good boss would recognize that and allow them to do their jobs while supporting their efforts in any way he / she can.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A good boss would be educated in the field that they manage. That's Common Sense 101, and the least that we should expect from our leaders.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A good boss would be educated in the field that they manage. That's Common Sense 101, and the least that we should expect from our leaders.

A good boss would support those who work for him/her to ensure they have everything needed to do their jobs. You seem to not understand how management / chain of command works.

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief. He relies on those under him who are experts in their fields / branch of service to advise. Cabinet members are the same.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
From Carson himself...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief.

That's different. The military is supposed to be led by a civilian, The President, because the military obeys and answers to the people, supposedly. Besides, Donald Trump campaigned on the fact that, even though he has no experience, he would hire and surround himself with the best and brightest in the field.

I can't believe that I have to argue with Trump supporters over the concept, business wise and politically, of appointing professional people who are familiar with and have demonstrated competence the field that they are to manage!

I can't trust Ben Carson's judgement or ability to manage, as head of the US Government's Department of Housing and Urban Development any more than I can trust Donald Trump to surround himself with the best and brightest cabinet members to advise and consult on the issues important to the people's best interests.

Trump has demonstrated that he isn't interested in putting America first, as he pledged. He's interested in rewarding his cronies for supporting him by giving them control of choice leadership positions.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Did Ben Carson say something intelligent in that interview? If so, I missed it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

We have a President who has not served one day in the military and yet he is the Commander in Chief.

I can't believe that I have to argue with Trump supporters over the concept, business wise and politically, of appointing professional people who are familiar with and have demonstrated competence the field that they are to manage!

Why? Most Trump supporters like Ben Carson and are happy to see him in some role in the Administration. Trump has never held political office and yet he was elected president so why would we make a big deal about Ben Carson running HUD? Would he be better suited for something like Surgeon General? Probably. But like I said, most people like Ben Carson and are happy to see him have a role. Now if he fails miserably we can denounce him and criticize all day but I for one am going to give him a chance to do some good. If he believes he can make a difference and works hard at it, then I'm all for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It's not about Ben Carson. He's likable enough. It's about being serious about being leader of the American people, and putting America first by hiring and appointing the best and the brightest professional men and women in the fields in question! There's no logical argument that Carson is qualified for this appointment, that's going to put my mind at ease! The insane are running the asylum!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No its not different. We have had Presidents in the past who were former military so using your criteria they would be better qualified than Obama or Trump.

There is a difference you are ignoring when it comes to criteria to hold a job.

Department of Housing and Urban Development - Secretary

As you can clearly see its an administrative position that is required, by law, to have subject matter experts overseeing the specific sections who are subordinate to the Secretary.

His job is administrator and not subject matter employee.

Finally he still has not accepted last I saw from his spokesperson.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join