It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Has Passed the Most Extreme Surveillance Law Ever Passed in a Democracy'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Nope.
when you cast your vote it was for a constituency MP, nothing else...no matter how much you may dream otherwise lol

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Mate, you are always welcome down under......and being called a pommie isn't that bad. The sunburn is though.....and funny as feck....you bloody lobster!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin
On topic?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not going to vote my local Tory MP am I, if it means they go on to gain a seat in parliment, thus increasing their number in the house which in turn leads to them gaining the most seats and winning the election.

Or do you know something I don't, last I checked GE is won on the number of MPs voted locally...the political party with the most seats wins the keys to number 10, so if I want a labour government I am not going to vote locally for a Tory MP and increase their chances of gaining a seat to further their party's ambition.

I'm sure you're still going to disagree, yet I'm going to leave it here and declare myself a tactical voter, whether you think that is right or not I could care less.

Still don't love the Snoopers Charter.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Although the new law is horrendous by any standard of judgement, the law simply states publicly what the government have been doing behind everyone's backs since end of the war with the Axis Powers.

With each new generation and technical development, the nefarious behaviour of the State and the anti-human machinations of the Deep State have deepened and extended with ever more intrusive intelligence gathering tentacles now too many to number.

The only answer I have found is to move as far from the centre of civilisation as possible and to live "off grid" to the greatest degree possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Oooooo..the topic nazis are out in force on this thread....sorry for a little off-topic, light-hearted banter.

Where's the exit? Oh, found it. Ciao.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
Although the new law is horrendous by any standard of judgement, the law simply states publicly what the government have been doing behind everyone's backs since end of the war with the Axis Powers.

With each new generation and technical development, the nefarious behaviour of the State and the anti-human machinations of the Deep State have deepened and extended with ever more intrusive intelligence gathering tentacles now too many to number.

The only answer I have found is to move as far from the centre of civilisation as possible and to live "off grid" to the greatest degree possible.

Yup SIS installed black boxes at all major phone junctions prior to the internet - here's a government document on how the snoopers charter will be used to hack entire cities (as long as they're overseas , allegedly)

Example: Protecting Against a Terrorist Attack A group of terrorists are at a training camp in a remote location overseas. The security and intelligence agencies have successfully deployed targeted EI against the devices the group are using and know that they are planning an attack on Western tourists in a major town in the same country , but not when the attack is planned for. One day, all of the existing devices suddenly stop being used. This is probably an indication that the group has acquired new devices and gone to the town to prepare for the attack. It is not known what devices the terrorists are now using. The security and intelligence agencies would use bulk EI techniques to acquire data from devices located in the town in order to try to identify the new devices that are being used by the group. If it is possible to identify those devices quickly enough, it may be possible to disrupt the attack. Without bulk EI powers, it is very unlikely that this would be achievable.

www.gov.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Heh. Well, you have me there. We are not supposed to vote for individual leaders, you are dead right. However, you cannot tell me in fairness that this country has been selecting its leaders based on their merits for the last thirty or forty years, can you?

No, it's been media driven hogwash about one individual or another, driving the opinions in given directions depending on the media. It's never been just about party and structure of same, otherwise it would become clear that most political parties in the county are rife with privately educated cloud dwellers, with all the common sense of a packet of Doritos containing nothing but an unfertilised quails egg and an air of stately entitlement. People would realise that all they get to choose is the colour of the tie the party and its leaders tend to wear.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The law forces UK internet providers to store browsing histories -- including domains visited -- for one year, in case of police investigations.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for every single Brit that has an internet connection to start surfing Bombs'R'Us.com and BurnParliamentBurn.org at least 5 times a day.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So you agree we don't vote for the PM then...good, that would be correct.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can anyone comment on the methods used to intercept and record this data in real time?

If the internet providers are the ones being forced to record and share all that data then it will be up to them to figure out a way to implement it.

I'm wondering if something like this can simply be averted through the use of TOR or other anonymity resources.

Just what would it take for me to be my own ISP? We should create an internet v2.0 just for us cool people that don't want to be oppressed. Or maybe that is already the deep web?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
See people want to see Snowden tried for treason or even droned. If it wasn't for his reveling the public and more would be less aware to be able to make a decision this.

But the government has downplayed much of the controversy surrounding the bill. The government has consistently argued that the bill isn't drastically new, but instead reworks the old and outdated Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA). This was brought into law in 2000, to "legitimize" new powers that were conducted or ruled on in secret, like collecting data in bulk and hacking into networks, which was revealed during the Edward Snowden affair.

Funny how these regulations come back worse each time?

The law will be ratified by royal assent in the coming weeks.
From the Op Source
The time for contacting your lawmakers is now.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Can anyone comment on the methods used to intercept and record this data in real time?

If the internet providers are the ones being forced to record and share all that data then it will be up to them to figure out a way to implement it.

I'm wondering if something like this can simply be averted through the use of TOR or other anonymity resources.

Just what would it take for me to be my own ISP? We should create an internet v2.0 just for us cool people that don't want to be oppressed. Or maybe that is already the deep web?

Deep Web and TOR especially and possibly other encryption will likely put you on top of the list for being investigated. As VPNs help at the very least but it's better than nothing.

I agree with an internet v 2.0.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

If the internet providers are the ones being forced to record and share all that data then iThis, plus TOR t will be up to them to figure out a way to implement it.

Deep Web and TOR especially and possibly other encryption will likely put you on top of the list for being investigated. As VPNs help at the very least but it's better than nothing.

I agree with an internet v 2.0.

This plus TOR doesn't work - all data is captured and stored and has been for decades, put throug word filters then some guy in an office sifts trough putting it into 'boring' 'pretty boring but may be interesting' 'intersting but may be boring' and 'holy # get armourgroup on the phone now' catagories as far as the job selection rocess goes (was run by GS18) - Link to forms here, site is dead don't click on it. Do not ask what gs is. You'll get in a lot of trouble.

Just an example of poor the security really is ,backdoor to SIS on an old web page - www.ctp.org.uk...

Secret Intelligence Service www.sis.gov.uk gs18.globalsuccessor.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: Misterlondon

I'll stick with the cold, too many arachnids and and other stuff that will kill you down there, i mean, who wants to check their slippers in the middle of the night when all you want is too pee! jeeze, you even have to check the seat and bowl before you release LOL

LOL.......the majority of people down here in OZ will only see those spiders, snakes or crocs on tv or at the zoo!!!!! People really do have some weird ideas of how Australia actually is.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Is Britain trying to live this movie??

Really interesting, and interesting timing...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Sounds like its time to vote with your feet in Britain. I'm highly recommending New Hampshire as voted to be among the most free US states AND among the best economies (coincidence?). I already said that today but I guess that will be a new theme of mine.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They basically just came out and made public what they've been doing ... for like, ever.

Anyone worth their salt in the conspiracy community knew about projects Carnivore and Eschelon long, LONG before Snowden and the NSA leaks. As well as RF surveillance ala "Tempest". Hell NATO has shielding standards in place for their sensitive computers to avoid it.

Yes, they can intercept the RF emissions from your monitor and reconstruct them in near-real time. If they want to, and have been able to do this for a long, long time.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Does this mean we are going back to old ways? Should I start a shelter way?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I hate to tell you, but MI5 and GCHQ have already been doing this.

For the last five years or so, you guys have been under more domestic surveillance than ever NSA does.

They're combing every domestic bit of communication in the UK. At least the NSA is sort of hogtied to only look at the info if one foot is dirty, unless there's a PDD that instructs otherwise.

Not that we pay more than lip service to it if we need or want to find out more. However, your guys don't even bother bringing us in in the UK anymore. At least Australia and Canada still use the Five Eyes agreement to violate your privacy. For whatever that's worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join