It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Nope. No applauding. I'm trying to figure out why you care so much. Less than half of the United States voted for her thus no mandate as some seem to call it. And again...the national popular vote means absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

How would they do it?

Here is a Quora entry addressing this concern. Some quality responses from people here:

How do illegal immigrants illegally vote during presidential elections?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Well, when you deduct the 3 million illegals who voted for Hillary, Trump actually won the popular vote by 2.3 million.

Do you, or any of the asshats, have any proof that 3 million illegals voted, or are you just spouting more Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh BS? Unfortunately for the far right, the truth is still a thing. If you have proof, bring it forth, and I will lead the protest to see it prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

700,000 votes is a pretty significant number. Bottom line: Hillary won the popular vote. First woman to do it. Pretty historic.

Don't worry, though. While Trump did NOT win over the people, he DID come away with about 300 of the 538 electoral votes. So... not really the winner of the people, but he'll get the prize anyway due to technicality. Pretty decent run for an old white billionaire.

I thought he was gonna win big though. I guess... kinda? Yeah? Hard to say BIG when you don't win the popular vote... I mean that's kind of a rare thing to lose when you're supposed to be the winner. Oh well.

Not the popular vote, not the true voice of the people... but ... good enough.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

How would they do it?

Here is a Quora entry addressing this concern. Some quality responses from people here:

How do illegal immigrants illegally vote during presidential elections?

How? Well this would be pure supposition on my part but I'll take a stab at it. No voter ID laws for a starter. So you gain access to the voter roles and cross reference data of who died but hasn't been removed from those roles. So for example, I could walk up and say "my name is Jane Doe". That isn't really my name but they aren't checking ID so it doesn't matter. Now this would also imply some rather nefarious coordinated efforts by an outside agitator funding a large operation ala Soros. Then you have the people that get social security numbers of people that have died and assume their identity. Even get a ID and voila! Instant voter.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

306 actually.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What about Kelly Anne Conway? First woman to run a winning presidential campaign?

What does the popular vote win exactly?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Bottom line: Hillary won the popular vote. First woman to do it. Pretty historic.

First woman to do that and still lose.

The finest hour is yet to come.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

306 actually.

Yeah... like I said... He didn't get the popular vote, which means he didn't win the people... but ... good enough.

Hillary though... I mean surely Trump supporters happy to have Trump declared winner can applaud Hillary for being the first woman in American history to win the popular vote in a general election for President of the United States. No other woman has done that. And she won the people!

There's something magical and extra special about winning the people. It means you're the winner in the hearts and minds. Pretty cool.

Don't worry... technically Trump still did... good enough.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What about Kelly Anne Conway? First woman to run a winning presidential campaign?

Yeah good for Kelly

Hillary and Kelly... Pretty awesome and historic.

edit on 14-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

Just accept the truth... Hillary won the popular vote. That means Trump does NOT represent the voice of the people.

That's all. Basic truth. No big deal. You can handle it.

I handle the reality of the situation just fine amigo.

Do you?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Lest we forget, still have those pesky absentee votes to count, they tend to lean Republican.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Khaleesi

a reply to: Ohanka

Who cares? People who value truth. Are you saying Trump supporters don't care about truth?

The US is a Republic. We elect out President through the Electoral College. Hillary and her campaign knew this when the campaign started. You can not change the rules after the game is over just because you lost. If they truly thought it was unfair they should have been working to change the rules long before this election season started.

I'm not changing any rules. I'm saying Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. That other bullsh#t thread is a lie. So you're only appropriate response is, "oh, okay."

But instead we have 7 pages on people arguing against the value of truth and why the truth doesn't matter. Seems truth matters a lot to people who live on lies.

I have no clue about the other thread. My point is, if students still took civics classes they would stop whining about popular vote. So what if Hillary got 600k more votes or even 2 million. IT DOESN'T MATTER. The electoral college is what matters. Do you really want to switch to a direct democracy? No Presidential candidate would ever campaign outside of NY and California ever again if that were the case because almost half the population lives in those 2 areas. The rest of us would NEVER have our voices heard in DC ever again.

All joking aside for a moment, it is a shame that the EC is not understood by the youth. Its the fault of the schools mostly... but the parents as well. Truth be known, from the conversations Ive been having in real life the parents cant be blamed too harshly... they dont understand it either.

It's a shame that you fail to see this thread is in no way attacking the EC. It merely serves to educate and discuss the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

And? What does that mean? It means to me the Electoral College did exactly what it was designed to. The mob mentality of a single state was prevented from overwhelming the rest of the nation.

Good job, Founders!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Invoking the truth and hillary clinton in the same talking point is hilarious.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Im not poking at Spiritualzombie ever again. Makes me feel... all woobly inside. Like the time I threw a rock and hit Timmy Dedere in the head at school cause he wanted to kiss me...

IM SORRY TIMMY!!!!! I REALLY AM!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

700,000 votes is a pretty significant number. Bottom line: Hillary won the popular vote. First woman to do it. Pretty historic.

Depends on what you compare it to. If we say that the votes came from California, then they represent 7.5% of that state's vote. That is significant.

If we compare against the nation's total votes, they represent 0.5% if the national vote. That is not significant. That is a rounding error.

Maybe you should try a different word.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

How would they do it?

It's simple, they go down to the DMV and get a driver's license, then they go get registered to vote. Sometimes they say, 'oh I can't register to vote, I'm not a US citizen.' and the response is usually 'That's ok, we can do it anyway.'

The non-citizens currently employed at my work were bummed out they couldn't vote because they were registered in a different state, and we didn't tell them about absentee ballots until the day of the election.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There's something magical and extra special about winning the people. It means you're the winner in the hearts and minds. Pretty cool.

No. It means one-sided propaganda and lies in a single state works pretty well.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Hillary didn't win the people either. She still has less than half

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems I was redirected. I'm learning the definition of insanity apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join