It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

a reply to: Ohanka

Who cares? People who value truth. Are you saying Trump supporters don't care about truth?

The US is a Republic. We elect out President through the Electoral College. Hillary and her campaign knew this when the campaign started. You can not change the rules after the game is over just because you lost. If they truly thought it was unfair they should have been working to change the rules long before this election season started.

I'm not changing any rules. I'm saying Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. That other bullsh#t thread is a lie. So you're only appropriate response is, "oh, okay."

But instead we have 7 pages on people arguing against the value of truth and why the truth doesn't matter. Seems truth matters a lot to people who live on lies.

I have no clue about the other thread. My point is, if students still took civics classes they would stop whining about popular vote. So what if Hillary got 600k more votes or even 2 million. IT DOESN'T MATTER. The electoral college is what matters. Do you really want to switch to a direct democracy? No Presidential candidate would ever campaign outside of NY and California ever again if that were the case because almost half the population lives in those 2 areas. The rest of us would NEVER have our voices heard in DC ever again.

All joking aside for a moment, it is a shame that the EC is not understood by the youth. Its the fault of the schools mostly... but the parents as well. Truth be known, from the conversations Ive been having in real life the parents cant be blamed too harshly... they dont understand it either.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Just accept the truth... Hillary won the popular vote. That means Trump does NOT represent the voice of the people.

That's all. Basic truth. No big deal. You can handle it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He's just going to keep repeating his nonsense until we let his thread die.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Khaleesi

All I have to say is it is possible that illegals voted but who really knows in what numbers?

That's a much more honest position then what other members are clearly doing though. It's one thing to posit such as possibility and another to give an exact number and push it as though it were fact.

California would be the biggest bloc of possible illegals voting.

Is this concerning Bill 1461?

Snopes addressed this: While California did pass a law to increase voter turnout, the state has not made it legal for undocumented people to vote.

While it's true that undocumented people in California can obtain a driver's license, the state has not passed any laws which also gives them the right to vote. The New Motor Voter Act was passed in an effort to improve voter turnout, and while this law does automatically register citizens to vote when obtaining or renewing a driver's license, this only applies to citizens who are already eligible to vote.

No, I wasn't referring to that Bill. I guess I should qualify that by saying IMO California would be the biggest bloc of illegal voting based on population. But that is pure supposition on my part. Where do most illegals live? I'm assuming in border states but frankly I may be making an ignorant assumption. LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Who cares? People who value truth. Are you saying Trump supporters don't care about truth?

The US is a Republic. We elect out President through the Electoral College. Hillary and her campaign knew this when the campaign started. You can not change the rules after the game is over just because you lost. If they truly thought it was unfair they should have been working to change the rules long before this election season started.

I'm not changing any rules. I'm saying Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. That other bullsh#t thread is a lie. So you're only appropriate response is, "oh, okay."

But instead we have 7 pages on people arguing against the value of truth and why the truth doesn't matter. Seems truth matters a lot to people who live on lies.

I have no clue about the other thread. My point is, if students still took civics classes they would stop whining about popular vote. So what if Hillary got 600k more votes or even 2 million. IT DOESN'T MATTER. The electoral college is what matters. Do you really want to switch to a direct democracy? No Presidential candidate would ever campaign outside of NY and California ever again if that were the case because almost half the population lives in those 2 areas. The rest of us would NEVER have our voices heard in DC ever again.

All joking aside for a moment, it is a shame that the EC is not understood by the youth. Its the fault of the schools mostly... but the parents as well. Truth be known, from the conversations Ive been having in real life the parents cant be blamed too harshly... they dont understand it either.

It's a shame that you fail to see this thread is in no way attacking the EC. It merely serves to educate and discuss the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
He's just going to keep repeating his nonsense until we let his thread die.

Exactly. I will keep repeating the truth until people stop fighting it.
edit on 14-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: windword

I think you completely misunderstand your own words. You said "Trump doesn't have a mandate for, or the peoples consent to be governed"

Like I said, the American people live under American law. He won the elecation under American law THUS he has the consent to govern.

This whole thread and the one the OP is so mad about are both irrelevant! It matters not, it changes nothing!

Look I understand why you all are grasping for anything to show that the Democratic party didn't get totally trounced. But reality is they did. Get over it and pick a better fight to have. This one will get you no where.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
While she did get more popular votes than Trump, she did not win a majority of the votes.

Maybe if Johnson and Stein hadn't run she could have - although I doubt it.

So, while it may be true that more people voted for her than Trump, it is NOT true that she won the majority of votes cast. Less than 1/2 the voters chose her.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The truth is nobody cares because California and New York do not get to decide the President.

Trump won the majority vote in the majority of states, thus has the majority of the electoral college. Maybe Hillary did win the popular vote overall, but that doesn't make any difference to anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Not arguing the election results. I'm arguing against a misinformation campaign trying to say Trump won the popular vote when we all know that's false.

So the only point of this thread is to reiterate the truth that Hillary won the popular vote. As such, Trump failed at winning over the people.

edit on 14-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You are 100% correct in that trump won the election, so why are some pushing that Trump won the Popular vote when he in fact has not?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

lay of the cracking pipe dude ..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just a troll thread at this point.

He is literally just saying the same thing over and over.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I just looked it up.

immigration.procon.org...

25% live in California. So yes that would be the biggest bloc if you consider that out of 50 states, 25% live in one state. The next largest being TX. 16% of illegals live in TX.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

It's a shame that you fail to see this thread is in no way attacking the EC. It merely serves to educate and discuss the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

Its a shame you answered a post that wasnt directed at you and flipped. I was replying to the poster who DID mention the EC. This thread could be about horse feathers for all the damns I give... and pretty much is.

.... neener neener.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Just a troll thread at this point.

He is literally just saying the same thing over and over.

It's actually more of a defense against trolls.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

You are 100% correct in that trump won the election, so why are some pushing that Trump won the Popular vote when he in fact has not?

Personally, I don't think we really know since we have no idea how many illegals voted. Did enough illegals vote to give her the popular vote? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. If we could come up with a reasonable answer to that question then we would know which of them won the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Actually, good news. You can look up the popular vote results very easily. As it so happens, Hillary won the popular vote by a significant margin.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I guess this makes Hillary Clinton the first woman to win the popular vote for President of the United States. Pretty cool.

I think that's a worthy accomplishment even Trump supporters can applaud.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Actually, good news. You can look up the popular vote results very easily. As it so happens, Hillary won the popular vote by a significant margin.

OY! Were you able to subtract all the illegal and dead voters from those totals and still come to that conclusion? And quite frankly, less than 1% is not 'a significant margin'.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join