It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: spiritualzombie

It's doesn't matter

It does matter. It matters because, it says that Trump doesn't have a mandate for, or the "peoples consent to be governed" by all of his campaign promises and proposals. In other words, he doesn't have a blank check to do whatever he wants, like the approval that he would enjoy should he acutally win the popular vote, and as of now still needs to win the trust and consent of the majority of people that didn't vote him, theoretically, through the Senate and Congress.

I'm sorry - I must have missed that in my reading of the constitution and the laws related to POTUS elections. My bad.

Can you show me where a "mandate" - whatever that is - is required to be elected and govern our country?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Why do Hillary's supporters care so much? Hillary herself obviously didn't, that is why she conceded and stepped down! Wake up out of your election stupor, your candidate is not fighting this, she went home! Time to move on and focus on something else.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Riffrafter

Enough of the popular vote has been counted to claim that Hillary got more, but people are lying about it and saying Trump got more. THIS IS MY POINT. Why are people lying?

Because alt right is taking over and changing America to fall under its ignorant umbrella of hate.
edit on 14-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, I though something was array when a thread got so many flags stating Trump won the popular vote long before the tallies are even in.

Another lie from Trump camp? Say it ain't so!?

And here's something more to add. I've reported that lying thread to mods as hoax/trash material... but it persists-- however shortly after reporting the thread, one of my posts in the thread where I call it out as a lie was removed for being off-topic. Not sure what to make of that. Doesn't feel right.

Lies are going mainstream. The alt right is here to F*** with people's heads. American integrity is under attack.

So now you're blaming the ATS mods?

Wow - who's next?

Try looking in the mirror and a little self reflection as to how you *so* missed the true mood of this country.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No no, it's not about him needing a mandate to be elected president or to govern. It's about the GOP claiming that Trump has a mandate to enact all of his campaign promises and ramming them through the houses, because he won the majority of the popular vote.

He will have opposition from the Senators and Congressmen that represent constituents that have expressed problems with various aspects of his campaign promises within their districts. Regardless if their state went with Hillary or Trump, they will need to answer to their constituents for voting against their interests, and risk losing the next election.
edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm saying it doesn't seem right that ATS mods allow a hoax thread that is a known lie and yet silence my post calling it out as such. I'm not saying ATS mods are in on anything. I just think that's F'd up.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Actually... Trump may have indeed won the popular vote among American citizens.

Report: Three Million Votes in Presidential Election Cast by Illegal Aliens

Greg Phillips, Founder of VoteStand, is building a case to take legal action.

Oh, infowars and twitter! Great sources.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Why do Hillary's supporters care so much? Hillary herself obviously didn't, that is why she conceded and stepped down! Wake up out of your election stupor, your candidate is not fighting this, she went home! Time to move on and focus on something else.

Sad that you argue against the truth. I thought you were at least decent enough to have respect for simple facts. I don't understand how there is so much support for lies.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I guess we'll find out soon enough, won't we? Your a fool if you don't think Illegals voted in the elections.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I just checked, and YES she is STILL wining the popular vote.....just google

Who won the popular vote 2016.....like I just did at 4:10 pm pacific time!!!!

You are WRONG!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote
www.politifact.com...

"Anyone asking where I got the figures, it was from twitter posts. … If I’m wrong, I won’t hesitate to change the numbers. It’s the job of the establishment media to tell the people the final numbers when it’s out there already." (The Twitter post cited by 70News was this one.)

But as of 3 p.m. on Nov. 14, 70news still had the article up.

Our ruling

Social media was abuzz with the claim that the "final election 2016 numbers" showed that Trump had won both the popular and Electoral College contests.

Trump certainly won the Electoral College vote, and as a result, he will become president. But he clearly trails in the popular vote. As of this writing, Clinton is ahead by nearly 800,000 votes, a margin that is likely to expand further as late returns trickle in from California, Oregon and Washington state, all of which are strong Clinton states. We rate the claim Pants on Fire.

So why is the other thread still up on ATS? And what is up with the alt-right addiction to denial of truth? Well clearly they don't want Americans questioning who really won. They don't want you thinking about how Hillary beat Donald by so many votes... 670,000 according to the current count on Google. They don't want you questioning Donald's legitimacy no matter what. But why all of these lies??

It's because their base is generally understood to be the uneducated. They expect you to be stupid. They expect you to slurp down anything they give you. The alt-right's entire house of cards relies on people not knowing any better, on every issue. Expect this attack on truth to be a consistent characteristic of the Trump admin.

Always with the insults eh? I imagine you think you're educated as well.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Um, not sure you meant to reply to me specifically, but yes. You and I agree, Hillary won the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm saying it doesn't seem right that ATS mods allow a hoax thread that is a known lie and yet silence my post calling it out as such. I'm not saying ATS mods are in on anything. I just think that's F'd up.

Not a known lie. Trump could have had a recount in NH but let it go. He could have actually won the popular. Who knows? Of course there are fraudulent votes. Some were snuffed out in Fla as getting retarded or invalid votes for her with nobody present which is illegal. Lots of illegals voted as well. Everything was on the line for them. Of course they voted. How many we will never know. Obama and Hillary were practically begging them to vote without actually saying it.

I know this issue is important to you but in the grand picture it's not. He won, has the house and the senate. The popular vote means nothing. He won the whole showcase showdown. He can ignore the popular and he will.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
According to the dems, not winning the popular vote makes any victory illegitimate.

Hillary won the popular vote in 2008 so apparently that makes Obama's win illegitimate.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Where are the "Obama is not my president" protest signs?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Oh but the main stream media who lied during the entire election process are telling the truth now?

Now the MSN has about as much credibility as info-wars. So we are supposed to believe that they are telling the truth now? Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Truth remains important, yes. Explaining the reason for that feels like I'm talking to a toddler who doesn't understand anything.

link   

Don't know what happened there, obviously.

But remember mods are people too just like us.

Some vitriolic threads are monitored much more closely than others - for good reason. Perhaps the mod was simply trying to keep people on topic so as to reduce the ugly posts?

That would be my guess.

BTW - it's happened to me too. Recently as a matter of fact. But after thinking about it a little, I completely understood their actions. Don't forget, mods don't know what you're *thinking* as you write your post. All they have to go on is the post itself.

Jeez....look at me defending this place. It does not need my defense. It stands on it's own 2 feet.

edit on 11/14/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: windword

There is in fact a mandate.

The majority of American voters (53%) did not vote for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Oh but the main stream media who lied during the entire election process are telling the truth now?

Now the MSN has about as much credibility as info-wars. So we are supposed to believe that they are telling the truth now? Get over yourself.

That's all based on your twisted false view of the mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join