It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At charity roast, Donald Trump delivered what might as well be a campaign eulogy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
...or they just think Hillary is so bad that they would rather pick Trump.

... or they understand that Hillary represents the 1%, except in public.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Aazadan

I actually think she's worse. Trump would try and work relations with the crap storm we've made in the middle east. Hillary is going to be a war hawk. Johnson wants us out.

Only one of our two major candidates has proposed wars, and he's proposed three of them, with a large military build up so we're capable of a fourth. Trump wants to go back into Iraq and take their oil. Trump wants to start using force to contain the Chinese. Trump wants boots on the ground to steal land ISIS has taken. These are all wars.

On the non traditional front he has proposed using nuclear weapons if he doesn't get his way. He wants to bring back the days where we kidnapped people off the streets of Iraq based on evidence as flimsy as the type of watch they were wearing, and throw them in GITMO, torturing them for information (something we accused Saddam of doing as justification for going in). He wants to target the families of terrorists for assassination.

Make no mistake about it. Trump wants war, he just doesn't want war with Russia.

To flip this around to Hillary, she doesn't want war with Russia either, but she's pushing back against them. We can't just give Russia everything they want, just because Putin is aggressive in asking for concessions. As long as Putin is in power, tensions with Russia are going to remain high. That's just what happens when you put aggressive, type a, deeply nationalistic people in power. The best way to manage the Russian issue is economic pressure. Oddly enough, this is something the US has been preparing for years with fracking.

The US is currently in the position where we can supply heating oil to most of Europe during the winter. If we were to do so, it would be a major blow to Russian influence in the region.

We probably won't do it, because we want a stable Russia, but simply having the ability to do so, gives us a powerful card in negotiations when trying to contain Russia elsewhere and protect our allies.

Ah praise God that there are still smart, rational people among us. Thanks for existing! I mean it. You're a rarity,

So this proposed no fly zone over Syria which HRC proposed isn't going to lead to a declaration of war? Got it.

Right, and Hillary has already proven her actions or lack thereof has gotten people killed. Imagine if we trust her to protect the rest of us!?
edit on 23-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Have you forgotten 911 happened on Bush's watch? Have you forgotten that he started a war based on bald-faced lies? Have you forgotten that the biggest financial crisis since the great depression happened on Bush's watch? You want to point fingers, loser. Trump is going down big time. He represents archaic dirty losers.

I actually think she's worse. Trump would try and work relations with the crap storm we've made in the middle east. Hillary is going to be a war hawk. Johnson wants us out.

Only one of our two major candidates has proposed wars, and he's proposed three of them, with a large military build up so we're capable of a fourth. Trump wants to go back into Iraq and take their oil. Trump wants to start using force to contain the Chinese. Trump wants boots on the ground to steal land ISIS has taken. These are all wars.

On the non traditional front he has proposed using nuclear weapons if he doesn't get his way. He wants to bring back the days where we kidnapped people off the streets of Iraq based on evidence as flimsy as the type of watch they were wearing, and throw them in GITMO, torturing them for information (something we accused Saddam of doing as justification for going in). He wants to target the families of terrorists for assassination.

Make no mistake about it. Trump wants war, he just doesn't want war with Russia.

To flip this around to Hillary, she doesn't want war with Russia either, but she's pushing back against them. We can't just give Russia everything they want, just because Putin is aggressive in asking for concessions. As long as Putin is in power, tensions with Russia are going to remain high. That's just what happens when you put aggressive, type a, deeply nationalistic people in power. The best way to manage the Russian issue is economic pressure. Oddly enough, this is something the US has been preparing for years with fracking.

The US is currently in the position where we can supply heating oil to most of Europe during the winter. If we were to do so, it would be a major blow to Russian influence in the region.

We probably won't do it, because we want a stable Russia, but simply having the ability to do so, gives us a powerful card in negotiations when trying to contain Russia elsewhere and protect our allies.

Ah praise God that there are still smart, rational people among us. Thanks for existing! I mean it. You're a rarity,

So this proposed no fly zone over Syria which HRC proposed isn't going to lead to a declaration of war? Got it.

Right, and Hillary has already proven her actions or lack thereof has gotten people killed. Imagine if we trust her to protect the rest of us!?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kazanoom

Have you forgotten 911 happened on Bush's watch? Have you forgotten that he started a war based on bald-faced lies? Have you forgotten that the biggest financial crisis since the great depression happened on Bush's watch?

*raises hand*

I did forget. I thought everything was Obama's fault.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: kazanoom

Have you forgotten 911 happened on Bush's watch? Have you forgotten that he started a war based on bald-faced lies? Have you forgotten that the biggest financial crisis since the great depression happened on Bush's watch?

*raises hand*

I did forget. I thought everything was Obama's fault.

Just blame Obama for your lapsed memory, and it all works out.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazanoom
Have you forgotten 911 happened on Bush's watch? Have you forgotten that he started a war based on bald-faced lies? Have you forgotten that the biggest financial crisis since the great depression happened on Bush's watch? You want to point fingers, loser. Trump is going down big time. He represents archaic dirty losers.

Hillary is cut from the same cloth as the Bush's. In fact they are close associates. So you made my point. Why would we want a Neocon like Hillary, who is exactly like Bush Jr. you did see the Bush's endorsed Hillary, right!?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Har live your delusional dream that Trump is the great anti-establishment candidate.

originally posted by: kazanoom

Hillary is cut from the same cloth as the Bush's. In fact they are close associates. So you made my point. Why would we want a Neocon like Hillary, who is exactly like Bush Jr. you did see the Bush's endorsed Hillary, right!?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It's not. The US is never going to directly enforce it. At the most, we'll use it as a pretext to give the groups we back anti aircraft missiles, then those groups will fire on the Russians.

The Russians won't like it, but it won't lead to a direct US/Russian confrontation either.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's an interesting take. Sort of like MH17?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That would be my guess. The Russians might respond by bombing those groups until they stop shooting back, but I seriously doubt the US is going to directly fire on Russian forces. No one wants two nuclear powers shooting at each other.

Aren't proxy wars wonderful?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I see it more as an extension of the current status of saying "We're going to be hitting here, so be careful." For all practical purposes a "no fly zone" isn't really workable and so will not go anywhere as such. That was how I saw it as an AA tactic, but the SA tactic is far more involved. How to get Assad to allow it?

edit on 10/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think Assad has to allow it, he doesn't control the parts of the country that the no fly zone is intended for.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Really? Who does control it? On paper? Which, unless the US is just going to move in, is what matters.

edit on 10/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Yesterday seems to have been a bad day for Trump, topped off by an audience that did not find his attempted humor to be clever or funny. He's not winning over any more people and may be losing ground among those with lukewarm support and seems both bewildered and down over the whole thing.

Earlier in the day he spoke briefly at a rally of only 1500 people - down from the crowds he'd come to expect. And he walked away from two interviews when reporters asked him questions he didn't like. There was no fight or defense; only a retreat.

But he couldn't retreat at the Alfred E. Smith dinner - a white-tie dinner and fundraiser for Catholic charities in New York City. This wasn't Trump's usual crowd, and he started it off with what sounded like a snark against the people there.

“A special hello to all of you in this room who have known and loved me for many, many years. It's true,” Trump said as he took command of the dais at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner on Thursday evening, wearing a white tie and a black tuxedo coat that he kept tugging at.

“The politicians,” he continued. “They've had me to their homes, they've introduced me to their children, I've become their best friends in many instances. They've asked for my endorsement, and they always wanted my money. And even called me really a dear, dear friend. But then suddenly, decided when I ran for president as a Republican, that I've always been a no-good, rotten, disgusting scoundrel. And they totally forgot about me.”

I don't know who crafted or approved that line, but that's one of the worst openings I've ever read. The audience didn't like it, either. It sounded bitter and accusatory in the same breath.

And then he dug himself in deeper. This is a crowd that reads a lot and keeps up with many news sources.

“Hillary is so corrupt, she got kicked off the Watergate Commission,” Trump said, citing a false Internet rumor as the crowd turned on him and started to boo, something that simply doesn't happen at lavish charity dinners at the Waldorf Astoria hotel.

And he couldn't stop digging the hole deeper. Remember that he's speaking with Catholics...

Trump would go on to accuse Clinton of “pretending not to hate Catholics” and mock the Clinton Foundation's work in Haiti. At one point, he wondered aloud if the crowd was booing him or Clinton, to which someone in the crowd answered: “You!”

I don't know who wrote the speech (perhaps Donald himself) but they certainly hadn't done any homework on the Alfred Smith charities. The Clinton Foundation (unlike the Trump Foundation) worked with the Smith charity and funded some of their Haiti efforts. So in essence, it was a slam against the people who had invited him.

After that performance, Clinton's remarks were probably taken a LOT better than they would have been if she spoke first (the article has transcribed some of the REAL zingers she made)

One interesting exchange was this:

And she gave a shout-out to Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, saying: “She's working day and night for Donald and because she's a contractor, he's probably not even going to pay her.” Conway, who has become subtly critical of her boss, quoted Clinton in a tweet and wrote: “A shout out from @HillaryClinton at #AlSmithDinner.”

The past two weeks have seen people leaving his staff and campaign.

It may be an eulogy (unintended. I think Trump will still go around swinging, reciting the same lines from BeforeItsNews and so forth (sites that are banned on ATS because they're full of hoaxed information)

But the word picture of Trump at the Columbus airport, provided by the reporter, I think shows that he's realizing that he's come to the end of the ride.

Soon after, he was back at the Columbus airport, slowly climbing the steps to his personal jet. He was alone, holding a black umbrella as a light rain fell. There was a heaviness to his ascent.

The article about the dinner and Trump's Thursday at the Washington Post

trumps done, more women coming forward each day saying he sexually assaulted them.

he's turning off the evangelical vote.

former red state gimmies, of utah, arizona, georgia and texas , he is losing in them or in jeopardy of losing them.

he is trailing in battleground states also of florida and pennsylvania.

you know if trump cant win utah which has been republican for over 50 years, hillary is gonna win by a landslide.

polls showing hillary with double digit lead now and expanding.

republicans worried not about trump, they know he gonna lose. but worried about losing congress and the senate as well. thats where republican party is shifting the money to, to hold on to senate seats.

trump knows he is gonna lose also, he hasnt spent a dime of his own money after the 2nd debate. he shifted his new focus to trump tv his new tv startup, hoping the 30 percent core will spend money and subscribe to his new cable channel

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

That would be my guess. The Russians might respond by bombing those groups until they stop shooting back, but I seriously doubt the US is going to directly fire on Russian forces. No one wants two nuclear powers shooting at each other.

americans are not going to go into syria, they just sealing off iraqs borders so it doesnt disrupt oil flow.

syria is a civil war, no sane general sends their army into a civil war. its like the first doctrine of war by clausewitz.

syria is a civil war which will turn into a guerilla war where the russians will be bogged down for decades. All the arab allies will fund that guerilla war and it will just turn into an endless war the russians stuck in.

assad and russians only control aleppo, rest of the country is hostile territory. unless russians send in 50 thousand ground troops thats not gonna change.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

victory pudding yeah that;s a good one i can tell you if she wins what you will taste may resemble pudding in appearance but will taste exactly like the crap that comes from her lying lips! give it a year i want to come back and see what those like you who worship this woman think then!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

victory pudding yeah that;s a good one i can tell you if she wins what you will taste may resemble pudding in appearance but will taste exactly like the crap that comes from her lying lips! give it a year i want to come back and see what those like you who worship this woman think then!

never said i liked hillary, but the reality is trumps done, he did it to himself thats the irony.

trump losing in utah arizona texas georgia, traditional red states. if he cant take those he got not chance.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

its gonna be like afghanistan for russians. they rolled in and took the cities. then arab states funded the rebels and armed them with missile launchers and it turned into a guerilla war. after years of body bags the russians finally pulled out.

americans wont go into syria. rule number one of military is never send your army into a civil war, clauswitz doctrine.

so they let the russians deal with it and be bogged down in syria for decades as money filters in from arab states to keep the guerilla war going.

americans will stay in iraq to make sure russians dont move anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluerabbit7788

never said i liked hillary, but the reality is trumps done, he did it to himself thats the irony.

trump losing in utah arizona texas georgia, traditional red states. if he cant take those he got not chance.

I agree it's done and dusted, but you're wrong that Trump did it to himself. It was done by the media. They ran 24/7 with completely unsubstantiated stories and hit pieces and soft balled Hillary. America fell for dirty politics - again.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: bluerabbit7788

I agree it's done and dusted, but you're wrong that Trump did it to himself. It was done by the media. They ran 24/7 with completely unsubstantiated stories

The stock joke for multiple comedians on this side of the pond is that Trump accuses the media of being unfair for actually reporting everything he says.

And "completely unsubstantiated"?!

Is your claim that (for example) the media fabricated the video of Trump talking about grabbing the genitals of strangers? Did they manufacture videos of him attacking the parents of a dead veteran? Or spending another week complaining about how fat a beauty queen was? Or another week talking about the ethnic heritage of the judge presiding over his fraud case? Does televising debates he obviously had not prepared for qualify as "hit pieces?"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join