It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Islam is basically plagiarized from its predecessors. Nonetheless, a religion that touts itself as the last religion, and a religion with laws that guides both private and public life, is far worse than any other.

All religions are plagiarized from their predecessors. We can actually track the evolution of religion based on this concept.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: jellyrev
I am for historical facts but it would offend many.

Muhammad, a war mongering pedo. Im sure the class talked about that lol.

I really dont think they could teach it neutrally like they can other religions, mainly bc it lacked reformations and being a critic is dangerous.

To call Mohammed (let's actually use the real name) a paedophile for taking part in a politically based marriage - the same as was used in the west among various royal and political families until at least the 18th century is just showing shocking ignorance of history....... maybe it's that lack of education that kickstarted this whole OP.

Of course you would profess to be more educated, wouldn't you?

Ok then they are pedos too.. Is that better because Mohammed was definitely one

Making judgments on 7th century culture from 21st century culture.

The concept of Pedophile didn't even come about until 1886.

There wasn't even a word for it until around 1940.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Moderate muslims are not Muslim, if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

so, then....
you would also have a problem with christianity being discussed in an historical and cultural perspectve also?? after all their divinely apponted kings (which usually had the church backing their divine appointment and right to rule) we also pedos???

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I really dont think they could teach it neutrally like they can other religions, mainly bc it lacked reformations and being a critic is dangerous.

To call Mohammed (let's actually use the real name) a paedophile for taking part in a politically based marriage - the same as was used in the west among various royal and political families until at least the 18th century is just showing shocking ignorance of history....... maybe it's that lack of education that kickstarted this whole OP.

For the sake of argument, you have proof sexual intercourse took place? There is an argument that the virgin Mary was 14 at the point of immaculate conception - so was God a Paedophile?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

ya, it's kind of like, catholics, protestants, pentecostal, mormons, baptists aren't really christians depending on who are talking to...
if they just don't fit into your perception of what one is supposed to be... then well, they just ain't one...
heck even george bush who was touted as a "compassionate conservative" is now said to not be a conservative.

it just doesn't work that way. especially when talking about religion where the only one who can really define just what the right beliefs are hasn't talked to anyone really since the burning bush...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: surnamename57

ya, it's kind of like, catholics, protestants, pentecostal, mormons, baptists aren't really christians depending on who are talking to...
if they just don't fit into your perception of what one is supposed to be... then well, they just ain't one...
heck even george bush who was touted as a "compassionate conservative" is now said to not be a conservative.

it just doesn't work that way. especially when talking about religion where the only one who can really define just what the right beliefs are hasn't talked to anyone really since the burning bush...

This is called a No True Scotsman Fallacy

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Religion is not and should never be part of public school curriculum, religion belongs in the home and the Church or whatever people go to worship.

Islam is a religion and on top of that their laws are completely against the laws of our own constitution, it doesn't belong in the schools system.

Been teaching culture as per government agenda is the same as brainwashing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So explain to me how we teach world history without talking about Islam. How do we teach the crusades? How do you talk about Middle Eastern History post Romans? How do you explain to your students about the golden age of Muslim academics when they discovered various maths such as Algebra?

PS: Teaching culture is NOT brainwashing. Just because you learn about another culture doesn't mean you suddenly are apart of it...
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Well it was still sex with children and we have a word for it now

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Incorrect. Pedophilia, sex with pre-pubescent children, was considered abnormal in ancient greek and latin cultures and was probably as rare as now.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I went to school and the crusades were about Christianity and the moors their fights and reign nowhere I learn in school about Islam and the religious implications.

And I grew up at the time in a Christian only country.

I wonder how will you feel if you child is to learn the true face of Islam, his terrorist links and on top of that how they mistreat women and treat them like second class citizens at the mercy of their male dominated culture.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If you disagree, then unfortunately you have no idea what a Muslim is.
Moderate muslims are fake Muslim.
edit on 6 10 2016 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

where do shia and sunnis fit into your scale?
or are they all just muslims to you?
in which case you have no idea what a muslim is.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well according to you, your learning was against the rules since it involved telling you about Christianity.

PS: The moors were the Muslims... Also, there was never a time in our history where this country was a Christian only country.

I wonder how will you feel if you child is to learn the true face of Islam, his terrorist links and on top of that how they mistreat women and treat them like second class citizens at the mercy of their male dominated culture.

That has nothing to do with the history and world impact of the religion. Plus it is no different than learning about how Christians have done the same things throughout history.

You clearly cannot separate learning ABOUT something versus being told to worship a religion.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

Are you joking or are you actually serious? Because this is supremely ignorant and not to mention arrogant.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

I am not talking about denominations rather than their religiosity in which case you have no idea what I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Isn't this site's motto Deny Ignorance? I wonder how some people can reconcile their belief that certain knowledge should be kept from students (promoting ignorance) while at the same time also being a member of ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Isn't this site's motto Deny Ignorance? I wonder how some people can reconcile their belief that certain knowledge should be kept from students (promoting ignorance) while at the same time also being a member of ATS.

Yeah. Believe me. This attitude is blowing my mind as well...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join