It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes I have watched the program that unveiled a lot of evidence about this, but the evidence about the Chinese came as a prove of an ancient map of the coast of the US from back before Columbus, still a mystery but very real. Is call the map of Fu Sang.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder what form of Islam they were being teached the "Islam the religion of Peace" or "Here are what Muslims believe as written in the Koran"

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes Columbus was a slave trader, but he was not the first one that introduce the slave trade in the new world, the Portuguese did it first, followed by the Spaniards and then the rest of Europe, because it prove to be profitable.

But In Europe slavery was brought to the new world in the name of indenture servants first.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
I wonder what form of Islam they were being teached the "Islam the religion of Peace" or "Here are what Muslims believe as written in the Koran"

They were taught to fast and bow to mecca.

And be charitable good people.

What's the problem?
edit on 6-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Annee

And NO, the government is not God.

That's a matter of opinion, and others do vary.

God was definitely government in the old days.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was in highschool when Sep 11 happened.

We leant world religions and had Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist kids come to our school to teach us about their beliefs. Very interesting. The school refused to teach us about Islam. I guess back then they researched the koran and were like oh "The prophet gazed into Hellfire and lo it was full of women" hmm probably not appropes in an all girls school.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Women do not have a very nice place when it comes to the male to female ranking in Islamic nations. Is no such thing as gender equality.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Kalixi

Women do not have a very nice place when it comes to the male to female ranking in Islamic nations. Is no such thing as gender equality.

I wonder if they are teaching about gays getting thrown off roof tops, and they don't believe in ABORTION and it's other misogynistic practices.

Prolly not.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I was in highschool when Sep 11 happened.

We leant world religions and had Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist kids come to our school to teach us about their beliefs. Very interesting. The school refused to teach us about Islam. I guess back then they researched the koran and were like oh "The prophet gazed into Hellfire and lo it was full of women" hmm probably not appropes in an all girls school.

You understand 'cliff notes' does Islam too? You don't have to read the Koran.

I would actually be offended if my school had made me read from a Bible, it should be contextually apprehended.

Your school didn't teach Islam because of quotes in the Koran being offensive? Have you read the Bible? lol.
I doubt this is really this case and they just took an ignorant stance. Buddhist eh? So you read from the Tripitaka? You probably read the basic Siddhartha cover by this man and that was the extent to your propagated 'diverse education'.
edit on 6-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Or that they stone the women to death when they think the women is guilty of anything and that a husband or father can commit honor killings with not judgment or punishment.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Id imagine that a teacher would be wise enough to not go into specific beliefs as that is very complicated.

In any case, im sure it will be the friendly version of history and not what really happend. Although there are teachers who will teach the reality and not the myths.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Christianity used to be just as bad. Witches being burned alive or stoned. Christianity also has greatly opressed homosexuals.

I wonder how many more athiests or agnostics there would be if every teachers showed their students the horrors of ALL religions.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

Or that they stone the women to death when they think the women is guilty of anything and that a husband or father can commit honor killings with not judgment or punishment.

Well her Ma can teach her that part. Right?
In case she didn't already do so, that is.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Exactly, you know I grew up reading about the most beautiful stories of Aladdin all the Arabian nights, the mystery of the pyramids and as a child I always wondered about if the magic carpets really could flight, what a terrible reality I got myself when I learned that is was all fantasy, that the middle east myths were just that.

At least I knew about the realities of Christianity and the horrible dark ages of it even as a child.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You thought Aladdin was real?

You think Jesus was real?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

When you are a child you believe in fantasies, in magic and the incredible, Jesus for some reason I could never get the big deal about it, but I had to believe because my parents told me so, as I got older I kept questioning the whole story of Jesus birth, but then I realized that it was a faith base believe, me been so curious I wanted prof because I could not get into the believe along.

So that is why I decided as an adult no to support organize religious or religious believe, faith alone wasn't good enough for me, plus I always have been big on historical facts and they do not add either.

edit on 6-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The difference is we can talk crap about old christians because they had reformations and millions died. See Luther, see the reformation, see the thirty years war, see the enlightenment, see liberalism(classical meaning).
The repercussions for talking ill of islam are still high. Not so for other religions.

I love this thread. I stirring the pot is good fun.

Honestly I could care less, but I think a parent also has the right to pull a child and have a right to know what is being taught.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Aazadan

Thats because Christians following their own belief system correctly do not even commune in purpose built buildings, do not hold signs at the gates of funerary locations, which bear slogans against soldiers and homosexuals, and they sure as hell do not spend their time hating members of other religious infrastructures. Their main interest is peace, and that means quiet, which means no need for press.

Wanted to respond to this before the post got buried too much more.

I happen to agree with you, but I think that applies to most religions. You should always be wary of the people who shout about the virtues of their religion and demean others who they deem to be sinful.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You can "teach" religions in school, just not force it as the one and only religion.

There is a difference.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

A parent must by law enroll thier child in a school. To pull a child bc they are studying Islam is asinine and sad for the child.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join