It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This a bunch of complete BS. There are entire years of high school dedicated to American history. Islam is taught in likely just one week or so of education.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right! And how do you include atheism?

Kids today are taught the deification of the state.

Either be ALL inclusive or none at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That is what I did with my children, I never took them to any church because I do not support any religious establishment, I told them that when the time came if they wanted to visit churches they were free to go and they did, I let them chose I never indoctrinated them on any believes.

They believe In a power higher than us humans but they as adult chose no to support any type of religion.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Let no forget that most American students in public schools are illiterate about their own culture and American history, but now they are to learn about Islam culture, really? how obtuse somebody needs to be to see what is behind this brainwashing

That's because they aren't taught REAL history, or REAL religion.

They are taught over romanticized POLITICAL versions of it. That leave out the truth.

The good.

The bad.

The damn right detestable.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We are in America we chose what our children should learn when it comes to religion and the public school is not the best place for such topic, plain and simple.

Perhaps showing the TV news about the result of Islamic terrorist attacks on infidels should follow the Islamic studies.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We are in America we chose what our children should learn when it comes to religion and the public school is not the best place for such topic, plain and simple.

Perhaps showing the TV news about the result of Islamic terrorist attacks on infidels should follow the Islamic studies.

Just because YOU can't decouple being taught about a religion from being taught to worship a religion doesn't mean the rest of the country isn't smart enough to do so. I had no problem learning about Islam without becoming a convert in high school, and this was back in 2002.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The damn right detestable.

oh, like how the native americans really weren't all that into scalping till the europeans came along? or how the europeans would encourage the tribes to go to war with each other and pay them off for the scalps of their enemies??
you're right, never did learn that in the schools, didn't learn that one till recently.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right! And how do you include atheism?

Kids today are taught the deification of the state.

Either be ALL inclusive or none at all.

I break down politics into a family of 5.

2 parents, 3 kids, various ages.

How does your household run? Are the kids in charge? Do the kids get to do and say whatever they want? Is the older kid 100% responsible for the youngest because mom & dad work? Is that fair to deny him his own life?

Do you have house rules? Is there a final single authority? Is there equality across the board? Does the 5 year old get to stay up to 10 because the 17 year old does.

It really helps simplify the needs of government and reality of individuals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO - - - with the US population alone at 322,761,807 - - - there definitely needs to be rules. Homogenized behaviors in a crowded social world. Yes, I think we need that.

It doesn't mean individuals can't be individuals. They just may need to choose where that is best accomplished.

And NO, the government is not God.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I propose teaching our children about the hidden America history that the government and expert scholars do not want children and adults to know, yes is more to Americas beginnings that are a mystery because it can change the entire view of history as we know it today.

Is a reason why native America history is nowhere to be found in Americas public schools curriculum and yet is a very important part of Americas cultural roots and history roots, while Islam is not.

I guess priorities in our agenda ruled nation by foreign interest money is all screw up.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You want to talk about being taught "real" history and you advocate leaving out major discussion points that caused major flashpoints though out history? Sorry. It's hard to take your opinion seriously. You sound like either a hypocrite or someone trying to push their agenda be taught as history instead of actual history.

I mean do you know that Muslims helped build this country too?
The Muslims who shaped America – from brain surgeons to rappers

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I propose teaching our children about the hidden America history that the government and expert scholars do not want children and adults to know, yes is more to Americas beginnings that are a mystery because it can change the entire view of history as we know it today.

Is a reason why native America history is nowhere to be found in Americas public schools curriculum and yet is a very important part of Americas cultural roots and history roots, while Islam is not.

I guess priorities in our agenda ruled nation by foreign interest money is all screw up.

I think its pretty simple.

"They Came, They Conquered"

"Spoils to the Victor"

Even in the civilized world.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I had a solid educational base when I was in school in the seventies yes before politics and US base educational programs took over my Island school system, our book came from Spain no the US.

US educational system is one of the worst in the world, specially grade school, but for some reason our college education is one of the best.

Our nation has failed the future of this nation since the 70s.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think its pretty simple.

"They Came, They Conquered"

"Spoils to the Victor"

Even in the civilized world.

Amen to that.
edit on 6-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I learned that quite young because in our family documents there is a receipt for such!

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'd wager you haven't picked up a history book in the last 40 years. In any case, you are still being hypocritical. You are sitting here whining about history classes not teaching enough history (and believe me I agree with this point, though not for the same reasons) while at the same time arguing not to include something in history classes. How you cannot see the difference is beyond me.

Also why are you conflating American history with World history? You do know that Islam history would more likely be taught in a world history class and not an American history class right? For instance, that point about Muslims helping to build the US wouldn't wind up in an American history class.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Darn for a while the propaganda was that blacks help build American, so now we are to substitute the African American heritage for Islam heritage, we are really grasping for straws now

I guess is a fad this days to chose what we want when it comes to Americas history to benefit the agenda of the day.

BTW I heard that the Chinese came to America before Columbus.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

A bit of evidence for that. Not very strong.

But it's known that the Norse were in "America" long before Columbus.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Darn for a while the propaganda was that blacks help build American, so now we are to substitute the African American heritage for Islam heritage, we are really grasping for straws now

Don't be coy. Both demographics helped build the country. It isn't a zero sum topic and you pretending like it is just shows your ignorance on display.

I guess is a fad this days to chose what we want when it comes to Americas history to benefit the agenda of the day.

More like its a fad to interject your own argument in for what was said despite you knowing DAMN well that isn't what the person meant.

PS: Columbus was a slave trader and the fact that we have a holiday named celebrating him is one of the most abhorrent ways for our country to honor history.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Really? Because as a Millennial, 2nd Grade - 6th Grade is NOTHING but overloaded Native American crap, instead of Science and Math, you know, this Islam curriculum.

I honestly can't even fathom what you were learning if it WASN'T that during those years. Did you color until Middleschool?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And NO, the government is not God.

That's a matter of opinion, and others do vary.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join