It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
These questions have easy Christian equivalents.

What are the 5 Pillars of Islam?(Their 10 commandments.)
What is their Holy Book called?(Their Bible)
Is Muhammad their leader?(Jesus.)

Unless you agree information that basic should be censored, it's not like they were teaching her the ritual of a jihad.

She also apparently doesn't need to know the leader of the Eastern Orthodox Church, The Great Schism, Non-islamic information
or
Who or what the Arab people were doing before Islam.
She also can't spell merchant, it's not like her opinion as a kid matters.

Personally, I think they should teach about the Pillars, as do probably many people, because it's really embarrassing when Christian people claim to dislike Islam, but can't even attack it's main content. The 5 Pillars is the meat and potatos of Islam. You know, the 10 minute version, like the commandments. If we can't teach that, it's time for all religions to bow out Christ included.

What's really sick is that parent.
edit on 6-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

If Muslims were taking over your countries one by one and you decided to rise up and begin killing the ones who have killed your entire family would you be doing so out of hate ? Hate for the ones who have killed your family and taking over country after country closest to you? Would you fight for the ones you love?

This isnt about Islam.. thats what your programming tells you.. and you believe it blindly.

They are coming here with an agenda and this agenda is to fight our leaders and if they cant get to them they kill their people just as their people were killed. They may say it is for their God... and it may be so but you cannot oppress people for too long before they resist and rise up.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
They took our jobs! (Wait a minute, who am I supposed to be hating right now?)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I never said it was racist.

Hate whatever you want.

I find no one to be subhuman.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: surnamename57
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You will stop connecting it with terror when Islamic terrorism is brought to an end.

Negative. We will stop connecting Islam with terror when people wake up and realize that it is only a small subset of Muslims that engage in terrorism. The same way that we don't look at the Irish as 100% terrorists because of the IRA. This requires education and understanding NOT fear and ignorance.

Let's take that a step further. The IRA was regarded as a Catholic based terror group, mainly as it was opposed to the (Protestant) UK government. As someone of Irish parentage on one side who was raised a Catholic it points out to me the irony of labelling someone as a terrorist based on their nationality or religion rather than what they actually believe - so while I agree totally with you, it goes further to show treating someones nationality or faith as a basis of whether they are a 'goodie' or 'baddie' is futile.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Isn't really surprising coming from Tennessee. A lot of people I personally know down there watch Fox news and take their coverage on their version of "Islam" as the truth, just because that's the only contact they have with it. Combine that with what the Baptist preacher tells you to think on Sunday morning and you have this ignorant woman spouting her ignorance on tv to 'take a stand' against something that doesn't even exist in the way she's portraying it. Wonder who she's voting for?

link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: surnamename57

You will stop connecting it with terror when Islamic terrorism is brought to an end.

Negative. We will stop connecting Islam with terror when people wake up and realize that it is only a small subset of Muslims that engage in terrorism. The same way that we don't look at the Irish as 100% terrorists because of the IRA. This requires education and understanding NOT fear and ignorance.

All terrorist are not Muslim, but all Muslims are terrorist. Wait did I get that right? Yeah I think it is.

No, you didn't, it's a pathetic, moronic meme brought to you by pathetic morons.

link   

I am offended by this report article! It uses the word "crusade" in it and we all know that "crusades" was launched to kill Muslims! It is all just Christians reporting on "It is OK to hate Muslims and kill them! And pee on the Koran! And take the Prophet's name in vain! And eating pork is OK"
[/sarcasm]

Can we invent a new term? "Snowflake" seems so last week. Maybe, "panda"? As in do nothing to keep your species alive and hate those who are trying to help. That way no Muslim will be offended just those d@mn Panda Extremists that lash out or get killed because of their actions.

As far as a Southerner getting mad about something in school. *sigh* It is like reporting on a Bible Belter getting evolution tossed out the window. It is not really news. But it has managed to push a button or two judging by the number of replies.

PS - The first Crusade was conducted in Europe and mainly consisted of killing Jews and non-Christians (Cathars mostly) before moving into the Middle East. It was encouraged to go to the middle east because of religion and politics. See, even back then random killing of people was frowned upon. Why don't those Panda Extremists get it?

edit on 6-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar panda

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Mohammad was a pedophile. That disproves THAT strawman. So what's the next strawman you got for me?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I am for historical facts but it would offend many.

Muhammad, a war mongering pedo. Im sure the class talked about that lol.

I really dont think they could teach it neutrally like they can other religions, mainly bc it lacked reformations and being a critic is dangerous.

To call Mohammed (let's actually use the real name) a paedophile for taking part in a politically based marriage - the same as was used in the west among various royal and political families until at least the 18th century is just showing shocking ignorance of history....... maybe it's that lack of education that kickstarted this whole OP.

Of course you would profess to be more educated, wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yeah I don't see what the problem is. Learning about Islam is the quickest way to be repulsed by it. She should encourage learning about it.

edit on 6-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So you would be OK with teaching the Tennent of christianity in school as well than? Or does Islam get special treatment and be the only religion taught in schools. Me personally I don't think religion belongs in school. And I don't think schools should be teaching on beliefs of any religion. But I guess if we do it for one I guess we need to do it for all of them.

Schools already teach Christian history and that is fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Yeah I don't see what the problem is. Learning about Islam is the quickest way to be repulsed by it. She should encourage learning about it.

well, the 5 actual pillars are "pray"/"pray"/"donate"/"dont eat"/"donate".

Not a lot of substance there.
edit on 6-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Fair point. A bit abrasive, but I know you are just trying to get under my skin on that one. Learning about Islam didn't convert me and it certainly didn't make me sympathetic to its teachings. I merely learned that not all Muslims are evil just like not all Christians are evil.

link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Richard II of England married a 9 year old, it was common for girls to marry at the age of 12.
Different times dude we can not hold them to our standards now.

discover-the-truth.com...

It disgusts me to think these children got married at that age but again different times. Look at the age of consent in the 1880's in some places in the USA....10.
But it is a trick you all use to attack the other religions.
All are stupid tbh I'm glad everyones waking up to this.

Talking of disgust is a little disingenuous. You are suggesting sexual acts took place. With Richard II it was for political reasons to bring two families together and although I can't provide a link as I have it only in a book, the wedding was consumated by the touching of feet apparently - and that under strict supervision.

Like you say though, different times................... Jerry Lee Lewis (cough)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would like to see the textbooks and what they say about each religion. I'd bet a paycheck that virtually every school textbook has the Crusades in it. Conversely, I wonder how many speak about the Islamic "Crusades" that include the invasion and occupation of Sicily and raids as far north as Rome in which they looted St. Peters basilica, or the fact that, before the Crusades, most violence between Christianity and Islam was strictly Islam attacking Christianity. Schools like to Harp on the Crusades and things like the Inquisition, casting them in bad light, but pretty much neglect atrocities that Muslims commited.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Fair point. A bit abrasive, but I know you are just trying to get under my skin on that one. Learning about Islam didn't convert me and it certainly didn't make me sympathetic to its teachings. I merely learned that not all Muslims are evil just like not all Christians are evil.

I'm always abrasive. Nothing personal.

Islam is basically plagiarized from its predecessors. Nonetheless, a religion that touts itself as the last religion, and a religion with laws that guides both private and public life, is far worse than any other.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It's the job of schools and of parents to explain the world to kids, preferably in an unbiased manner. How does denying these kids any knowledge of Islam benefit them?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: jellyrev
I am for historical facts but it would offend many.

Muhammad, a war mongering pedo. Im sure the class talked about that lol.

I really dont think they could teach it neutrally like they can other religions, mainly bc it lacked reformations and being a critic is dangerous.

To call Mohammed (let's actually use the real name) a paedophile for taking part in a politically based marriage - the same as was used in the west among various royal and political families until at least the 18th century is just showing shocking ignorance of history....... maybe it's that lack of education that kickstarted this whole OP.

Of course you would profess to be more educated, wouldn't you?

Ok then they are pedos too.. Is that better because Mohammed was definitely one

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Jesus Christ progressives have no idea who or what they are dealing with.

They know what they are dealing with an Islmophobic idiot who should be in grade school herself.

What do you think the Islamists will do when they have power of governance? I will tell you because I've seen it: You will be made to bow on your knees five times a day and worship a magic moon God whose ethos is bereft of humanity... And when you look around for the people who decried this foul religion you will find we are gone… Marginalized and demonized we opponents of Islamism will be extinct for having called a scorpion, a scorpion.

Sorry but all the Muslim nations that have other religions operating just fine and haven't been forced to convert shows you are just spouting your usual Islamophobic nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join