It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters including children mauled by attack dogs let loose by private merc's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I am not surprised law enforcement would support this action. It's no longer about crime, it about what those in power desire.

I'm not surprised that you and others of your ilk conflate "waiting for more information" with "supporting this action."

Why can't people like you read what other people write instead of immediately applying your own GD prejudices to what you make up and then claim they meant?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

You do know that private security companies have been in existence like...forever, right? And have literally, quite literally, operated in the continental US and pretty much every other country on the planet, for pretty much forever? Private security runs the gamut of "observe and report" rent-a-cops to fully licensed armed security with arrest powers. Acting as if this is some kind of new thing is pretty mind boggling.

And there isn't really much of a media blackout on this. There's literally dozens of articles from MSM sources about the event. Just most of them speak to both sides story of what went down a wee bit more than free thought project does and don't go ham so hard on the buzzwords. Strange concept, I know.

You mean such as the Pinkertons or as they are known today Securita's.
who at one time were banned from the state of Ohio because their numbers were so great that they could be in theory employed as private army. Yet today corporations can get away with hiring uniformed thugs that use dogs to attack a displaced peoples. Yeah real legit and nothing to see here...

Yes, Securitas. The same guys that sit in a hotel lobby and call the police when somebody at the bar gets a little frisky.

Securitas, along with countless of other companies, which have been operating inside the US since the beginning of US.

Your local mall? Private security. Your local Sears? Private security. Macy's? Private security. The list goes on and on. So yea, the point remains that acting as if private security firms in the US is a new thing is, to be blunt, asinine. Corporations have hired perfectly reasonable men and women to protect their interests since corporations became a thing.

And as I said to another member, kindly stick to what I said instead of what you think I meant. I don't see where I implied, much less stated, that there's "nothing to see here." I simply pointed out that your fear stoking commentary about how this is somehow indicative of troubling times ahead ignores a couple hundred years of activity. Private security, as with any other entity, is not 100% perfect.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

This is absolutely unbelieveable. Private security like this should not be able to operate.

I see from the article, also, that the Army Corp of Engineers states the construction company has not received the easements to even allow them to be there.

I see corporations in the same frame of reference, to a junkyard dog....they do outstanding work for the job they were given to do....but take them off the chain, or let them get outside the wall, and they can create serious harm....this was a private security firm (junkyard dog) being left off it's leash or jumping over the wall.

as much has we complain about government, they are the safeguard against wealth and corporatism overwhelming the people's power to legislate on the people's behalf.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ive been keeping up with this on FB Lots of up dates on this site www.facebook.com...

edit on 5-9-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks,... that's the problem with trying to get good info on the states form across the pond, you only ever get part of the story.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The day law enforcement starts admitting it's part of the problem, things might change. Until then, it is part of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The big corporations and banks really do own everything and are not afraid to use violence to maintain it I'm afraid to say.

you condoned a guy punching another guy he perceived to be of different religion but this is unacceptable?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I can't seem to find the article that I read awhile back about this issue (private security firms) and the scary facts, statistics and trends found within. So I'll just say that it seems you are unable to see the forest for the trees so perhaps you would like to just ignore this thread. Oh and I am quite aware of how mundane it seems when you use examples like mall cops to downplay it but then you have other companies such G4S (formerly whackenhut)who have been linked to several of the most recent mass shootings. Yeah you sure we want those kind of guys running around domestically?

edit on 5-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Private security forces, more like ex soldiers, discharged cops and all the bunch, loving the carnage they can provoke on people that dont have half the training and tools they do..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

WHO implemented THAT?
WASHINGTON,Hillary will get on ignoring it shortly.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Amy Goodman covering the protest. This clearly shows the women letting the dog attack people.

One awesome thing, is this is uniting all the Natives. One Nation of First Peoples.
edit on 5-9-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Here is the video:

This corporation does not have permission to continue this construction. Over 90 American Native tribes have come together to protest this.

Don't listen to the stockholders on this site, they only care about there dividend check.

The UN won't help they don't even recognize Native Americans, they have no voice in this land.

Here is more:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thanks to misskat1 for bringing the video. About 3:55 into video, handler clearly commands dog to advance on protesters.

An effort to drive them back, it has the opposite effect.

edit on 5-9-2016 by intrptr because: video already embedded

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Here is the video:

This corporation does not have permission to continue this construction. Over 90 American Native tribes have come together to protest this.

Don't listen to the stockholders on this site, they only care about there dividend check.

The UN won't help they don't even recognize Native Americans, they have no voice in this land.

Here is more:

No, someone heard the Terrorists cut through a fence, an illegal fence at that and proceeded to attack people working on that site, the illegal site.

Still at least you posted a video link.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

The big corporations and banks really do own everything and are not afraid to use violence to maintain it I'm afraid to say.

you condoned a guy punching another guy he perceived to be of different religion but this is unacceptable?

I'm complicated and prone to mood swings what do you want me to say lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Please show me what you claim? Do you also believe this oil is supposed to be used domestically? Or for profit export?

(hint) Its going to be used for export.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you want to have a peaceful protest, bring high capacity rifles and body armor.

Peace through superior firepower.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Please show me what you claim? Do you also believe this oil is supposed to be used domestically? Or for profit export?

(hint) Its going to be used for export.

If you had been following the thread from the outset, you would have identified, I was being ironic.

Never mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If you want to have a peaceful protest, bring high capacity rifles and body armor.

Peace through superior firepower.

Tell that to the Bundy people, aren't they all in jail now???

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's great that you are making an effort to bring attention to this very serious issue (S+F). I agree with your sentiment expressed in the OP.

Here is another thread created a few days ago by ATS member, Rezlooper, addressing the crux of the issue:

"Several thousands Natives protest pipeline; Tribes sending supplies for the long haul"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is my comment on the thread above in which you might find my last paragraph interesting. I have a deep feeling (highly intuitive at times) you already have read my comment and my last paragraph was the motivation for you in creating this thread. Nevertheless, the issue is far more important and the end result is all that matters. Intentions should always be pure.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join