It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters including children mauled by attack dogs let loose by private merc's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I have a deep feeling (highly intuitive at times) you already have read my comment and my last paragraph was the motivation for you in creating this thread.

I had not read that thread so maybe not on a conscious level but synchronicity my friend. I felt a little dirty after that thread and just wanted to post something a little more meaningful with substance that deserved some real attention and outrage.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Please show me where I expressed support for any side involved in this incident.

I said I would prefer waiting to hear from more sources than the rag the free thought project before deciding my stance.

I get it though, I am law enforcement so I am the enemy, blah blah blah.

edit on 5-9-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

In fairness, you normally are pretty even in threads here, as far as blame.

In retrospect, I suppose the comment shouldn't have been linked to your post.

It's just so often the law enforcement personnel posting here (if they really are) don't seem to want to place blame on the police for their part in an incident. And I'll be in line of those not blaming an officer when circumstance shows they acted in reasonable and proper ways.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

"Sexist"? I see it that the author of the article is MERELY pointing out the fact that there were woman and children involved, and that's all. Seriously, what's the big deal? If that wasn't pointed out in the article I'd wonder if they were present. When the Titanic sank and women and children were ordered aboard life boats, do you seriously think that was "sexist"?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The day law enforcement starts admitting it's part of the problem, things might change. Until then, it is part of it.

I have no problem with this statement at all..as long as criminals start admitting they are part of the problem..As long as people that act like idiots start admitting they are part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

These terrorists need to be sent to gitmo and made to stand on boxes with electric probes attached to genitalia.

There is a much bigger picture happening here folks and unless we take back our lives and our liberties, we will never again be free to pursue our happiness.

Elite special interests will always eclipse the little people, these are the facts as far as reality currently exists.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Fair enough. I appreciate that you did post this thread. Starred your last comment as a gesture of goodwill.

Check in with ATS member Rezlooper and his thread every now and then (since he actually is at ground zero) for more updates and/or information that can also be shared on your thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rezlooper also authored this news article:

drydenwire.com...
edit on 5-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This has now made the National news and it will now be turned into a political football.

Moderate and independent voters favor native Americans as they were almost exterminated, forced on reservation to exist in poverty. Americans have racial guilt regarding NAs as well they should.

This incident won't work in favor of the Corporate Republicans elites, the oil companies or Donald Trump, depending on what side he chooses. If he takes the elites approach against the Indians....how stupid would that be?

American politics...best show in town.
edit on 5-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Peaceful protest? I seen people yelling, hopping over the fence and running up on people who were there to just do their jobs. If these protesters wanted the main man in charge why not go to his office building or home? Why attack the security and bulldozer people that were only there to do a job? Do some people have rights but others don't? Why do people only see one side? Why would anyone allow children remotely close to a protest when they see the situation is going in a bad direction? It went completely south when they decided to hop the fence and accost the workers! That's when responsible parents should have removed their children!
WTH is wrong with people these days???
If you worked at a concert as security and the band cancelled and the crowd started throwing bottles at your head blaming you, would you think that's fair? Would you start spraying pepper spray if you felt you were about to be overthrown by an angry mob that was coming right at you? Would you release your dog to try and gain order? Or just stand there and get beat down?

The point is, the people on the other side of the fence are human with the very same rights!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I notice you don't include Hillary in your rant, who has money pouring in from Big Corp and Wall Street during her campaign.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I believe the native Americans were upset because the oil company was digging up a site where the native Americans found sacred remains and artifacts. Shame on you people who say it's alright to beat , pepper spray , and unleash dogs on the native Americans . After all that's happened to their people I can see why they have trust issues

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: olaru12

I notice you don't include Hillary in your rant, who has money pouring in from Big Corp and Wall Street during her campaign.

Why should I when I knew the right wingers would eventually do it for me. Just like you did!!! I'm ****ing psychic!!!

How would you feel if an oil company wanted to dig up the grave yard where your family was buried? This is what it boils down to.
edit on 5-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This incident won't work in favor of the Corporate Republicans elites, the oil companies or Donald Trump, depending on what side he chooses. If he takes the elites approach against the Indians....how stupid would that be?

Well one can take a good educated guess..it has not stopped him yet.

This situation is pretty bad, need more info but sicking dogs on protesters never looks good or acceptable.

edit on 5-9-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Peaceful protest? I seen people yelling, hopping over the fence and running up on people who were there to just do their jobs. If these protesters wanted the main man in charge why not go to his office building or home?

First of all, the "main man in charge" is big oil and gas corporations, not the company with the bulldozers hired by big oil and gas as the contract workers. The contract company is making a good buck doing what they are told to do and probably do not care about ethics as well. The destruction of Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's ancestral land, the hazardous fallout for future generations of that area such as contaminated drinking water, and the ongoing violations of signed treaties and laws does not get resolved by going to an office or home.

Why attack the security and bulldozer people that were only there to do a job?

...because they are bulldozing sacred land - cultural and historical sites, such as burial grounds. Filing a legal document becomes a waste of time when irreparable damages and losses are being done in real time.

Cultural and historic sites

The protest Saturday came one day after the tribe filed court papers saying it found several sites of "significant cultural and historic value" along the path of the proposed pipeline.

Tribal preservation officer Tim Mentz said in court documents that the tribe was only recently allowed to survey private land north of the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. Mentz said researchers found burials rock piles called cairns and other sites of historic significance to Native Americans.

Standing Rock Sioux chairman David Archambault II said in a statement that construction crews removed topsoil across an area about 150 feet wide stretching for 2 miles.

"This demolition is devastating," Archambault said. "These grounds are the resting places of our ancestors. The ancient cairns and stone prayer rings there cannot be replaced. In one day, our sacred land has been turned into hollow ground."

www.cbc.ca...

Why do people only see one side?

Based on your response: That is a question you need to ask yourself...

This is a serious and grand issue that affects all of America. You do realize the people of Standing Rock are fighting for all of America, right?

This isn't some little land dispute like most news media outlets are making it out to be. It's not that cartoon...

Speaking of cartoon:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Freedom of movement? It doesn't exist. Your in private property, now get out!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Peaceful protest? I seen people yelling, hopping over the fence and running up on people who were there to just do their jobs. If these protesters wanted the main man in charge why not go to his office building or home? Why attack the security and bulldozer people that were only there to do a job? Do some people have rights but others don't? Why do people only see one side? Why would anyone allow children remotely close to a protest when they see the situation is going in a bad direction? It went completely south when they decided to hop the fence and accost the workers! That's when responsible parents should have removed their children!
WTH is wrong with people these days???
If you worked at a concert as security and the band cancelled and the crowd started throwing bottles at your head blaming you, would you think that's fair? Would you start spraying pepper spray if you felt you were about to be overthrown by an angry mob that was coming right at you? Would you release your dog to try and gain order? Or just stand there and get beat down?

The point is, the people on the other side of the fence are human with the very same rights!

Despite a filing for an injunction in federal court Friday, the construction company continued and dug up numerous graves and sites over a 2 mile swath. THIS precipitated the cutting of the fence in an effort to keep more desecration from occurring.

This isn't a bunch of rowdies at a rock concert.
Call it what it is, desecration of gravesites, some of whose family members are very much alive. It's unfortunate the security company people chose this assignment, yet they had a choice in how much force was necessary to deploy.

I've seen some very ignorant comments in this thread, but I'm not shocked.

The G4S guards knowingly accepted a high risk assignment for I presume to be good pay. They are doing a paid job.
Like any high risk job, yes they have the same rights as any of us in their regular life, on the job they are PAID to place themselves in harms way so no whining. They weren't forced to take the job. In fact they were most informed and had to sign contracts stating they understood the nature of the job.

The Native Nations while protesting have filings moving thru the federal courts and as the oil company has admitted they DON't have the necessary permits to continue work while this plays out, they kept digging.

This time you are on the wrong side of the argument.

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

This interview was recorded on September 3, 2016. Former Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Historic Preservation Officer Tim Mentz explains the destruction of burial grounds and sacred sites by Dakota Access Pipeline LLC. This sacred site is what people were trying to protect when Energy Transfer Partners brought in aggressive dogs to attack unarmed people.
Read more at indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: roadgravel

Please show me where I expressed support for any side involved in this incident.

I said I would prefer waiting to hear from more sources than the rag the free thought project before deciding my stance.

I get it though, I am law enforcement so I am the enemy, blah blah blah.

you're not the enemy...if you truly feel like that, you should find a different profession

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
These guys releasing the dogs should or could have been shot by someone armed. If I was there I would have shot the dogs then went hunting guards. They are lucky.
edit on 5-9-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This might be because they moved jobs to over seas

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
These guys releasing the dogs should or could have been shot by someone armed. If I was there I would have shot the dogs then went hunting guards. They are lucky.

Using dogs the way they did was a very stupid tactic.

If I was assigned as a juror in your case ... you would walk free that very same day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join