It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Puppylove

Pretty telling.
His rally in Iowa the other day was a little on the spare side.
He can get a certain group of Americans in certain areas. That's not adding to his base and he's so far in the hole with the voters who could put him over. Women and minorities.
He's not getting any new supporters. Not with this latest attempt.

Maybe you didn't watch infowars video of his Akron Ohio visit. Plenty of women and minorities who support Trump. People support TRUMP not the RepublicAn party.

Yep - the Ohio rally was interesting in that a number of minorities and women made up the audience. Going into the event many were interviewed, and many were independents or Democrats switching over and getting on the Trump Train.
Interestingly many of the swing states are closing up in the polls. Trump needs to keep to his current message. He is far more specific than Clinton on what he will do.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

STILL don't care, HE WON'T compromise intelligence and GET men killed!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Puppylove

Pretty telling.
His rally in Iowa the other day was a little on the spare side.
He can get a certain group of Americans in certain areas. That's not adding to his base and he's so far in the hole with the voters who could put him over. Women and minorities.
He's not getting any new supporters. Not with this latest attempt.

Maybe you didn't watch infowars video of his Akron Ohio visit. Plenty of women and minorities who support Trump. People support TRUMP not the RepublicAn party.

Yep - the Ohio rally was interesting in that a number of minorities and women made up the audience. Going into the event many were interviewed, and many were independents or Democrats switching over and getting on the Trump Train.

If you're going by that INFOWARS video there weren't "many" interviewed, just a handful, and all the images of people passing by or in line were still mostly white.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I wouldn't take the National Review too seriously - they are no better than the National Enquirer these days.

Oh, come on! You've got to be kidding. How about addressing the specific claims in the article instead of making a ridiculous comparison like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: DJW001

STILL don't care, HE WON'T compromise intelligence and GET men killed!

He says he does not respect our intelligence establishment, so don't count on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He is far more specific than Clinton on what he will do.

No he isn't. Clinton has had detailed policy statements online for ages now. Trump seems unaware of the planks that others have posted for him. "His" plan to get Mexico to pay for his wall is based o unfounded assumptions and to be modeled on the Nuremberg Laws. They would end up putting an unnecessary burden on banks and telegraph agencies, and summon a whole new Federal bureaucracy into being. It would also be a boon to the Mexican drug cartels, who would step in to replace the banks in the Mexican American community.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: carewemust

2. You're delusional if you think Trump's actions are ever more than self-serving pandering.

No republican has ever went near this far......going after traditional Dem demographics on this scale. He looks like he may be actually wrestling the Dems for those votes not pandering. You have to know but maybe you don't how important this will be long-term to set and continue this precedent.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
You have to know but maybe you don't how important this will be long-term to set and continue this precedent.

It's HUGE. Another member postulated that the Dem's may take the Senate. I don't think so but they have a shot at the House imo. If any of that happens, with Hillary winning the WH(and the right to name the next SCOTUS judge) the GOP will be in a stranglehold.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I think he'd do better if he offered specifics... like what policies failed and exactly what he's going to do. So far, he's just said he can make it work.

I am with you that I would like to see all politicians offer more specifics. I do think Trump has done a little more than you are giving him credit for.

First, he claimed that nothing can be accomplished if people don't feel safe in these communities. His solution is to increase police presence. Now granted, this needs a lot more specifics, but I do think that making communities safe is where we need to start.

For education, he is for charter schools and eliiating tenure for bad teachers.

He thinks his economic plan will create jobs, and he also wants to stop illegal immigrants that directly compete with poor black people.

I agree with you that this is not specific enough yet, but it is better than what Hillary is suggesting in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Last time that happened we got the AHCA! Which is slowly going down the tube and has created way more problems than imagined. But then in all fairness the Dems running that thing while in full control were like stupid children when we needed something a bit more substantial under the circumstances.

Anyway the Dems lost the house and senate after that in subsequent elections. So no, I don't see that reversing unless memories are short. And you can bet mine and many others who are now paying way more in insurance premiums, like 2/3s more, are not short.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The Dem voters made a mistake, from their perspective. They stayed away in 2010. That isn't going to be the case this year. They know what's on the line too.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Wait a second. If Democrats get the blame for the areas they control, then what about Republicans? Are we supposed to overlook that there are 31 Republican governors compared to only 18 Democratic and 1 independent governor nor? Governors control the executive branches of their respective states, which includes law enforcement and the other state "alphabet agencies". So why aren't Repubs held responsible for the crime in the states they control?

Oh yeah, and Republicans also control 31 State legislatures compared to only 11 Democratic controlled legislatures (with the other 8 being split). So why aren't these Republicans being held accountable? You're such a hypocrite.

Ironically, so many of you on the right who claim to hate govt have been living under Republican rule the entire time. And chances are, the local and state rules you hate were crafted by your own party. So why can't you admit that it's your own failed policies and officials that have created the mess we're in? When are you Repubs going to take responsibility for the crime in Republican controlled states?

I am with you. I think both parties have let this country down. We have massive debt with nothing to show for it, are spread out with military bases all over the world, a crumbling infrastructure and many other problems that both parties are responsible for.

Here is why I slightly disagree with your point here. First, the areas that Democrats run that are always mentioned are the most dangerous areas in the country. So no matter if the country is going up or down, these areas seem to always be near the bottom concerning violence and poor conditions. To coninue to try the smae policies in these areas seems to be a bad idea.

The other point, and the one I find more compelling, is that the Democrats are supposed to be the party that cares about minorities and make policies that help them. Yet we can see their policies have led to many minority communities having felt left out, and their conditions staying stagnate or getting worse.

By the same token, many people, myself included, made a huge point about how Republican administrations massively increased the national debt, because they are supposed to be the party of limited spending. This is the same reason people (rightfully in my opinion) point out when Christians act out of hatred or violence, or when libertarians cheer for censoing expression (check out the Burkini thread). It is the hypocrisy that makes people mad.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I think he'd do better if he offered specifics... like what policies failed and exactly what he's going to do. So far, he's just said he can make it work.

He thinks his economic plan will create jobs, and he also wants to stop illegal immigrants that directly compete with poor black people.

I agree with you that this is not specific enough yet, but it is better than what Hillary is suggesting in my opinion.

Trump is demonstrating some real old fashioned political savvy here. She cant get specific about what democrat have done so Trump wont.

And really illegal immigrants are to blame for taking jobs from poor blacks? Hillary better watch messing with this dude.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

He is far more specific than Clinton on what he will do.

No he isn't. Clinton has had detailed policy statements online for ages now. Trump seems unaware of the planks that others have posted for him. "His" plan to get Mexico to pay for his wall is based o unfounded assumptions and to be modeled on the Nuremberg Laws. They would end up putting an unnecessary burden on banks and telegraph agencies, and summon a whole new Federal bureaucracy into being. It would also be a boon to the Mexican drug cartels, who would step in to replace the banks in the Mexican American community.

Clinton is only offering attacks on Trump and spinning conspiracy theories about Russia leading a right-wing conspiracy while calling everyone who criticises her racist. Her website is a laundry list, including policies she is no longer advocating (or has said the opposite the last time she actually did talk about policy some weeks back) and new positions she is copying Trump on. Any fool can build a website and copy and paste information. Only Trump is out on the campaign trail every day bringing his message to the people.

Hillary is a complete joke, hiding and hoping she can back her way into the Presidency.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The Dem voters made a mistake, from their perspective. They stayed away in 2010. That isn't going to be the case this year. They know what's on the line too.

On the line? Like what? The final subjugation of a nation to progressive liberal policies by use of the legislature and the courts?
edit on 29-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Uh huh. The Trump way. Say something and it automatically becomes "truth". I can wait for Nov 8th. Trump is going to be spanked like Carter in 1980. That wasn't pretty. The sad part is that Hillary wins.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

On the line? Like what? The final subjugation of a nation to progressive liberal policies by use of the legislature and the courts?

Sucks when society has moved past you, isn't it? Catch up or be thrown under the bus. It's happening whether you people like it or not.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Actually, all he's doing is saying"I can fix it" in a situation where even the best haven't been able to make much progress....

That's because the "best" as you put it have other agendas to fulfill and ending poverty and crime are counter intuitive to that agenda.

They are actually rather simple problems to fix...
You do realize we had crime and poverty beat 70 years ago right?
Just look at the murder clear rates compared from then to now and you'll be shocked.
Then look at the poverty rates from back then.

Both crime and poverty primarily stem from the destruction of the nuclear family and Trump has eluded to this on many occasions. It's also fact the left actively participates in this with the promotion of it's destruction. He's not going to outright say it because the left will most likely adopt the same stance claiming it for their own. This is the foundation for the raise in poverty and crime not just in black communities but all communities.

Since 1970, out-of-wedlock birth rates have soared. In 1965, 24 percent of black infants and 3.1 percent of white infants were born to single mothers. By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites. Every year about one million more children are born into fatherless families.
Brookings

It's a double edge sword because the more crime leads to more fathers being locked up perpetuating the cycle until it gets to where we see it today. There are many factors at play here but the solution is so simple it's almost painful for those of us who see it.

Promote fathers and mothers to stay together and be depend on one another rather being dependent on the government. Reduces both violence and poverty. But that requires bringing jobs back to these communities AGAIN like Trump said.

Sheesh its like some of you are just now tuning in to the 2016 election or something.
Well welcome to the circus that is the MSM character assassination of DJ Trump.
edit on 29-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Sucks when society has moved past you, isn't it? Catch up or be thrown under the bus. It's happening whether you people like it or not.

You might be surprised.
The direction of travel might just be the opposite of what you think. The fact Trump can be polling close to Hillary and even close in states that have been Democrat for 20 years should tell you something.
The game is up - it's just a matter of time. You just haven't realised yet that the music has stopped playing, but you will.
I remember giving the same message to Remain voters in the EU referendum and after the shock they still haven't stopped crying.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

From what I see, he's thinking a simple solution.

For example,"Oh, just give them all jobs. "

Simple but wrong answer.

You can't hold a job if you don't have transportation, you won't hold a job if the salary is less than welfare, you can't hold a job if you're homeless, you can't hold a job if you can't read or write, you will have trouble holding a job if you're disabled, you'll have trouble holding a job if you are chronically ill, you can't hold a job if you're addicted and untreated, moms need childcare before they can hold jobs, you won't hold a job that you hate - etc, etc.

and then "what sort of jobs?" and "who is giving these jobs?"

So far, reducing taxes on the wealthy and on corporations hasn't increased jobs.

He needs to have some specifics. Generalities are not useful.

No offense, but who do you think is running for POTUS,,,,, GOD???????? Those are a lot of specific and derelict issues and there is not 1 or 4 specific solutions. The problems are so utterly 'worst case scenario'. It took about 40 years for the democrats to create this pit of existence for those communities. It will take many years, many ideas, many attempts to move the ball in the other direction. But, do YOU have some suggestions that might be effective?

I haven't heard any new suggestions that would make a difference and the ones that would seem to, haven't been effectively utilized or weren't working. The most important thing they can begin instilling in those communities is a sense of pride, desire to achieve independence off the government's tits.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join