It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The fact that someone started this thread and how right wingers buy into the BS sales pitch that Dems are at fault for black people's problems really show how disconnected they are to reality.

Here is a simple fact for right wingers. Despite this effort by Trump, he will still only only receive less than 1 percent of the black vote. Nobody with common sense believes in this garbage by Trump and his right wing cronies.
edit on 29-8-2016 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2016 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

So the African American are Special Now huh ?

Black Ebony Black Jet Black .... History Month !! yada yada!!

WOW !

WTF !! about Native Americans!! huh?

we had a Dark Sorrowed Past also.... you know!

I guess I wont see Trump going to some Native American Reservation
anytime soon ! ...

yeah voting is all about Blacks ...

in 1867 blacks became citizens and can vote in 1869
in 1924!! Native Americans ( Indians ) became Citizens ( IN FULL )
and some State Natives weren't allowed to Vote until 1957 !!

but all that crap was put to a end in 1965 with the Voting Rights Act

yet still Native Americans around this Country gets Ignored...
People, that were too as Slaves at one time and was Mistreated, Massacred, slaughtered
and looked at as 3rd Class citizens right up until the 1960s just as Blacks were and worse.. in some states

Sorry ... Native Genes are kicked in...
as my Native side People have been in Resistance n Civil Unrest from the US and Canada
of Our Way of Life, Our Culture and Our Skin.. and Territorial Rights Scrutinized for Government Needs and Control...

I think we Need a Native American president Myself ... long over Due....

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The fact that someone started this thread and how right wingers buy into the BS sales pitch that Dems are at fault for black people's problems really show how disconnected they are to reality.

Here is a simple fact for right wingers. Despite this effort by Trump, he will still only only receive less than 1 percent of the black vote. Nobody with common sense believes in this garbage by Trump and his right wing cronies.

SeekingAlpha, you're insulting African Americans. It's not cool to do that in a thread that attempting to help them.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: DelMarvel
Trump refused invitations to speak to major black organizations like the NAACP, the National Urban League, the National Association of Black Journalists, etc. when he was campaigning as a nativist in the primaries.

Now at the eleventh hour it's finally dawned on him and his incompetent campaign why he's losing and he's desperately and cynically trying to pander to minority voters and fudge his stance on immigration.

Pretty funny, actually.

Pretty funny that people want Trump to play "pandering identity politics", you mean.

Trump has had many minorities at his rallies, unfortunately, they mostly were outside attacking people and burning flags and cop cars.

Hell, he was branded a racist from day 1. I wouldn't go either.

I want to see Donald if he comes to an African American community in Chicago. You couldn't find a parking place within 1/2 mile of his last big Chicago rally. A lot of people will be too spooked to go to the South or West side of town to see Donald. Not me.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Restate your question?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
This make me want to cry....how did we get our great country to this point??

Give me a try.. What the HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!?!?" i

Sad...black or white, brown or yellow...this is a sad tag lie for a presidential candidate.

Cheers

Not when you consider the context, even black people themselves are saying that they typically vote democrat and have done for 54 years! Nothing has changed for them and only gotten worse, so indeed, what do they have to lose? It seems very appropriate and logical to me. It's not as though Trump is only saying this, like this is his founding campaign strategy, it's merely an observation.

I see you have voted the same way for half a century! I see that nothing has gotten better for you. Maybe try someone else? What do you have to lose?

Can't really see what is so terrible about that, he's right... 0.o

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Black America is treated like children by the left...and sometimes by our lawmakers and government in general. They are used from the highest branches of government, down to their local "leaders". They are used much like the Palestinians are used by their government. Lives are sacrificed, quality of life and wealth are sacrificed and (in my opinion) even their humanity is used as a tool by these individuals and groups.

Not one of these "enemies" of the black community seems to really care about the people. The people are used as tools and manipulated for the generation of wealth and power to the oppressors...their "leaders". Whatever form they take...BLM, Jackson, Sharpton, etc...these "evils" treat black citizens much like our government treats all citizens...livestock.

Don't get me wrong...Trump is no God or savior. But he speaks the truth and until you understand, believe and speak the truth, you can not fix the problem. Look at ISIS and the call for Obama to call them "Islamic Terrorists". Regardless of your opinion, you can't effectively do something about a problem until you admit there IS a problem. An alcoholic will never cease to be an alcoholic until they admit they are one. Trump is admitting that there is a problem in the black community and is calling out those who use them. And that pisses off the "leaders".

So if the black community is less-than-happy with the way things are, and all their voting and protesting has done nothing...it is time to try something else. Maybe Trump is that something else. It obviously isn't their "leaders" because they offer nothing new except to say "The man is keeping you down" and then doing nothing to fix it.

Keep in mind the Palestinian government. Yes...they complain and cry about "evil" Israel...but without Israel, they would disappear. And for that reason...the money...the power...they ALLOW death. And then lie that they are angered while it is exactly what they need to keep their positions. Sound familiar?

PS: This is a short verse from one of my old band's songs that fits this situation well. "You can not create a God or savior without first creating an adversary". For blacks...that may be whites. For Palestinians...that is Israel. Look to WHO tells you they are the enemy and then ask yourself is that WHO is the same WHO that benefits from its continuation? There you will find your answer. If their job disappears as soon as you make peace...they are likely not a fan of your peace.

edit on 8/30/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Let me get this straight. Republicans as a whole love to cut social service programs, cut funding to public schools, and engage in various forms of voter suppression. Republicans also strongly support the War on Drugs & mandatory minimum sentencing laws. All of these stances disproportionately affect African American communities and families. Not to mention, Repubs (and Trump in particular) are typically anti-Islam, even though there's a huge African American Muslim population (different studies usually show somewhere between 750,000 to 3.2 million of us).

But somehow, Republicans under Trump are going to be the better choice? LOL You should've at least said we should support the Green Party, who I think have infinitely more helpful policy positions than either the Dems or the Repubs.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: burgerbuddy

BS. All week I've been hearing Repubs say Democrats are responsible for what's going on in urban communities. I haven't heard a single one of those Repubs say "Oh, but we actually control both the legislative branches and executive branches in most States. So maybe our laws and policies have something to do with it, too."

Or are you implying that Repubs are simply so incompetent at ruling States that they shouldn't be held responsible for the crime in the States and districts they control?

You do understand the difference between a state and city, right?

Obviously I understand the difference between a city and a State.

Most of the issues that are affecting the black community are at the city level and in most of these major cities Democrats are usually are the helm.

1. You do realize that State laws override local laws, right? And Governors are far more powerful than mayors. So either the Repubs at the State level are incompetent & don't know they wield power over local governments, or they're also responsible for the things going on in their states.

2. There are Hispanic & African American communities in virtually every single city in America, including in Republican controlled ones. So going by your logic, that means that Repubs are directly responsible for any issues affecting those minority communities, right?

Oh yeah?

I'll give you 1 word, "Sanctuary Cities"

These areas defy Federal Laws.

First, that's 2 words, not 1 (facepalm).

Second, my entire post was about State leaders of the executive and legislative branches, which are Governors & State legislatures. Yet you ignored that and moved on to federal law. Why not address what I posted & the general point I've been making, which is that either Repubs are also responsible for what's going on in their jurisdictions or they're incompetent and can't control their own jurisdictions.

Third, even "sanctuary cities" abide by other State & federal laws, like emissions laws, hunting laws, tax laws, labor laws, gambling laws, State judicial laws, etc. So yes, even "sanctuary cities" fall under the jurisdiction of State governments.

ETA: Fourth, since you didn't oppose it when I said this:

So going by your logic, that means that Repubs are directly responsible for any issues affecting those minority communities, right?

I'll just assume you agree that the Repubs who control city and county govts are also responsible for the problems in minority communities in those cities & counties.
edit on 30-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

I think we Need a Native American president Myself ... long over Due....

Maybe you could just take turns over the next 100 years and cycle through every single group to pick a President.

Wouldn't it just be best to pick the best person for the job?
edit on 30/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

BS. All week I've been hearing Repubs say Democrats are responsible for what's going on in urban communities. I haven't heard a single one of those Repubs say "Oh, but we actually control both the legislative branches and executive branches in most States. So maybe our laws and policies have something to do with it, too."

Or are you implying that Repubs are simply so incompetent at ruling States that they shouldn't be held responsible for the crime in the States and districts they control?

You do understand the difference between a state and city, right?

Obviously I understand the difference between a city and a State.

Most of the issues that are affecting the black community are at the city level and in most of these major cities Democrats are usually are the helm.

1. You do realize that State laws override local laws, right? And Governors are far more powerful than mayors. So either the Repubs at the State level are incompetent & don't know they wield power over local governments, or they're also responsible for the things going on in their states.

2. There are Hispanic & African American communities in virtually every single city in America, including in Republican controlled ones. So going by your logic, that means that Repubs are directly responsible for any issues affecting those minority communities, right?

Oh yeah?

I'll give you 1 word, "Sanctuary Cities"

These areas defy Federal Laws.

First, that's 2 words, not 1 (facepalm).

Second, my entire post was about State leaders of the executive and legislative branches, which are Governors & State legislatures. Yet you ignored that and moved on to federal law. Why not address what I posted & the general point I've been making, which is that either Repubs are also responsible for what's going on in their jurisdictions or they're incompetent and can't control their own jurisdictions.

Third, even "sanctuary cities" abide by other State & federal laws, like emissions laws, hunting laws, tax laws, labor laws, gambling laws, State judicial laws, etc. So yes, even "sanctuary cities" fall under the jurisdiction of State governments.

ETA: Fourth, since you didn't oppose it when I said this:

So going by your logic, that means that Repubs are directly responsible for any issues affecting those minority communities, right?

I'll just assume you agree that the Repubs who control city and county govts are also responsible for the problems in minority communities in those cities & counties.

If you want to share the blame around, then yes you are right, you have to move up the chain and include the state and federal level. Then again that doesn't change the fact that the 10 poorest cities in America are run by Democrat mayors. That's the first place to look for failures, especially as all 10 are Strong Mayors with enough power to make a difference.

You'll also need to shine the spotlight, specifically, on the Executive branch for failing to address the issue.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Then again that doesn't change the fact that the 10 poorest cities in America are run by Democrat mayors.

The poorest cities are not poor because they have Democratic mayors, they have Democratic mayors because they are poor. The Democratic party has a tradition of being pro-labor, and are supportive of minority rights. The upper middle and middle classes tended to flee to the suburbs, leaving behind the very rich and the working poor. The very rich have ways of evading taxes, and the working poor spend a disproportionate amount of their income on sales taxes. It was the willingness of earlier Democratic mayors to cut deals favorable to unionized city and county workers that has resulted in the "retirement fund" crisis. Meanwhile, the working poor continue to support Democratic mayors because the Republicans tend to be anti-labor, call for breaking earlier contracts, and generally support the militarization of the police.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Then again that doesn't change the fact that the 10 poorest cities in America are run by Democrat mayors.

The poorest cities are not poor because they have Democratic mayors, they have Democratic mayors because they are poor. The Democratic party has a tradition of being pro-labor, and are supportive of minority rights. The upper middle and middle classes tended to flee to the suburbs, leaving behind the very rich and the working poor. The very rich have ways of evading taxes, and the working poor spend a disproportionate amount of their income on sales taxes. It was the willingness of earlier Democratic mayors to cut deals favorable to unionized city and county workers that has resulted in the "retirement fund" crisis. Meanwhile, the working poor continue to support Democratic mayors because the Republicans tend to be anti-labor, call for breaking earlier contracts, and generally support the militarization of the police.

The first part is an interesting argument and makes some sense. The stuff about Republicans being 'anti-labor' and militarising the police seems like an exaggeration.
That said, how do these people break the cycle? Voting in Democrats is not going to solve these people's issues unless you believe that their fortunes are on the brink of changing after (up to) 50 years... It's a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The first part is an interesting argument and makes some sense. The stuff about Republicans being 'anti-labor' and militarising the police seems like an exaggeration.

The Republicans are notorious for being anti-labor:

www.thenation.com...

How do you interpret this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That said, how do these people break the cycle? Voting in Democrats is not going to solve these people's issues unless you believe that their fortunes are on the brink of changing after (up to) 50 years... It's a hard pill to swallow.

Economists and urban planners need to devise pathways to solvency for cities: tech centers, tax incentives, and so forth, which city councils can implement. Unions will need to be brought on board so they will be willing to renegotiate their contracts. Some cities, Like Detroit, might actually be broken up into smaller towns, with parkland and farmland replacing the blighted areas. All of this would require vision and political savvy, both of which are in short supply these days.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The Republicans are notorious for being anti-labor:

www.thenation.com...

How do you interpret this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Economists and urban planners need to devise pathways to solvency for cities: tech centers, tax incentives, and so forth, which city councils can implement. Unions will need to be brought on board so they will be willing to renegotiate their contracts. Some cities, Like Detroit, might actually be broken up into smaller towns, with parkland and farmland replacing the blighted areas. All of this would require vision and political savvy, both of which are in short supply these days.

Oh, anti-labor in terms of unions - well that is a good thing to be against those, but we can debate that another time.

I interpret your link as nothing like the 'militarisation of police'. Police have probably become more militarised under Obama.

American police are looking more and more like the Army

I don't think those in the inner cities should trust economists and urban planners. It's been a mess for so long, sitting back and hoping the same people finally get it right seems a bit futile.

edit on 30/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The upper and middle flee to suburbs because the cities are poorly run by Democrats.

Democrats raise taxes which drives out businesses and the most productive citizens. Democrats respond by raising taxes again which only hurts those who are stuck living in the cities (the poor). Democrats have run the school systems into the ground, so those who actually give a sh*t about their kids educations have to leave to go the burbs. These same mayors also do nothing to address the crime issues which also causes the middle and upper to leave.

In addition, Democrats for decades have made promises to unions in exchange for votes that they cannot keep in regards to their pensions creating unfunded liabilities that these cities will never be able to pay back.

The poor aren't informed enough to know why things are screwed up. They just know Democrats are telling them they will give away freebies. That is a lot easier message to sell to the uninformed than a more complex message of freedom and self-reliance.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
August 30, 2016

Yesterday, August became the most violent month in the last 20 years in Chicago. Over 400 people shot, with 75% of them being African American.. in a population that is less than 25% African American.

Story: www.chicagotribune.com...

Things COULD be worse with Donald Trump as President, but that's hard to fathom. To quote his plea to the Black communities... "What do you have to lose by giving Trump a try.. What the HELL do you have to lose!?!?"

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Latest poll is Pennsylvania + 3 Clinton

Yeah, the thing about the latest poll is that there's always another latest poll coming along. The Monmouth poll out today has Clinton up 8 in Pennsylvania.

Source.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The upper and middle flee to suburbs because the cities are poorly run by Democrats.

No, the white middle class fled to the suburbs to get away from the black migration to the cities.

White flight in Detroit started in the fifties when the city had Republican mayors.

White Flight.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe try someone else? What do you have to lose? ....Try money, freedom, my preferred way of life...what do you have to lose? What do you want to risk?
Cheers
a reply to: Meee32

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join